Forum › Posts by Maqueovelic

Maqueovelic
Wanna Sip? discussion 10 Sep 14:36
Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

How long has she been standing there with a blank face, before accepting the drink?
And now that there's a chance to hold hands, it's gonna start again?

The black-haired girl is gonna think her friend is a bit derpy.

Maqueovelic
Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

This is a first.
I posted a oneliner and for 3 entire pages peepz have done nothing but talk about my post weeeeeee
I'm so proud of myself rn. :^)

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

The whole air pocky sequence with Ed and Ian was uncalled-for, unneeded and superfluous. Yuck. Blegh.

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 11:59AM

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

It's back! It's back! So happy!!!
I srsly love this manga. I read it's been completed at 60+ chapters. Please don't drop it and keep translating it to the end! Pretty please! Ok?

joined Dec 18, 2021

Say hello to the AXE.

Tune in next week for the last chapter of "Clark Kent: the manga!"

joined Dec 18, 2021

Dude... she was like a dead fish.
Every pro she's been with till now got stronger reactions from her.

Well, PROs are more PROficient at what they do, that's for sure... but in this case I think the biggest difference lies in the lack of sexy banter between Nanao and Asumi. Every pro Asumi has bonked in the past talked sexy to her, almost nonstop, while they were having sex... and Asumi, who is a polite girl, always tried to reply (which wasn't easy because she was moaning and breathless most of the time), and all in all it created the appearance of a much more actively involved Asumi.

Nanao hasn't mastered yet the art of dirty talk, but leaving that aside the sex scene wasn't all that different from Asumi's typical romp with a pro.

I am disappointed if she doesn't have the freedom to go enjoy the brothel after the end no matter how it ends otherwies.

Yeah! Love and free sex go together like a horse and carriage!
(Damn, it doesn't rhyme...)

last edited at Aug 4, 2023 4:02PM

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

Did the MahiMahi always have these curves?

I don't think so. I guess even the latest bloomers end up blooming sooner or later...

joined Dec 18, 2021

Hikui reminds me of Harpo Marx. I wonder if the many scenes of Hikui dealing with the bullies were inspired by Harpo's style of humor?
I wouldn't have been surprised if she had started blowing a horn.

I stopped liking Prez when she used Toudou to bet against Banryuu, knowing well that it could end with Toudou being tortured in a yakuza dungeon. She doesn't have feelings for Toudou; she's just possessive and looks at Toudou like property. FUCK HER.

The more I think about this, the more it seems you're right.

Imagine this irl. You start going out with some girl and you think it's going well. One day she takes you to a gambling den run by a Mexican cartel and she makes a bet with the gangsters: they will play a game, and if she wins she'll get a lot of drug for free. But if she loses, she forfeits her girlfriend: you. The gangsters will take you to Ciudad Juárez and you'll be a crack whore for the rest of your life. The gangsters agree. You try to run away but they stop you, and that girl tells you: "Don't fret, pet, there's no way I'm gonna lose! And hey, even if I lose, you'll be safe: I won't let them hurt you! So don't throw a fit and stay put while I gamble."

It's like a story from a horror movie. The bitch's boasting has zero credibility—if she cared about you she wouldn't have started this in the first place. In the case of Yomotsuka, it's even more true: when the yakuza girl started hitting Toudou and gave her a thorough beating, she just stood there and stared; and after it was over she went to Toudou, who was lying on the ground, and told her to stand up and try again to do something entertaining. Completely indifferent to Toudou's pain. Compare to Rin, who, when she saw R hurt Toudou, immediately decided to avenge her. Actually, never mind avenging anything: Yomotsuka couldn't even be bothered to compete. She really is trash.

Constantly accusing another commenter of biases and hidden motives, as you do time and again, contributes nothing to the debate.

Ah, poisoning the well. (snip)

tl;dr
Somebody cares to condense it?

last edited at Jul 3, 2023 3:14PM

joined Dec 18, 2021

Nene, first let me say congrats on a great post! I had to go back and read again a few chapters to verify some of the parts you quoted, and you were right on everything. Most important, about Rin:

After chapters 14 and 25, Rin is best girl and sure endgame for Toudou. Did you notice that she's the only one in Toudou's "harem" who never ever drank a drop of love potion? (Well, she and Ruruka, but it's obvious that Ruruka just feels lust, not love.) Rin's love is the true thing. It sincerely comes from her heart, it's not some magically induced obsession. And it should be clear as day now that Toudou is also falling for her. Really falling for her, not hoping to use her in some harebrained scheme to gain power and popularity. All chapter 25 is like Mochi on a soapbox yelling at us that these two have found mutual love.

This is a perfect summary. The three girls who have an interest in the mc and didn't drink the potion are Rin, Ruruka and Yanagi; and Ruruka and Yanagi just want sex and don't care about loving her. Chapter 25 made everything clear on the feelings between her and Rin.

joined Dec 18, 2021

So... the formula is making the readers angry?

Kind of. ^_^

But not willingly. Let me give you an analogy. You know the Brontë sisters, Charlotte, Emily and Anne? This a short comic about them:

When it comes to romantic literature for women by women, one of the oldest plot devices in the book is making the heroine's love interest an extremely problematic person: a violent man, an alcoholic, an outcast, a social climber who won't marry the heroine because she's poor, an emotionally-scarred wretch, etc. etc. The story then tells us how the heroine, through great pain and effort, redeems this person's wrongs with the power of her love and wins herself a happy romantic end. Emily and Charlotte Brontë were very fond of this sort of problematic characters, while Anne was NOT; that's why she and her sisters bicker in the comic, as their reactions to the men they see (who by coincidence happen to be the mcs of some novels by Charlotte and Emily) are completely different.

This manga follows that old and tested plot, giving the heroine Ayaka a majorly problematic love interest in Hiroko. Normally, all the readers should react like Charlotte and Emily Brontë would... that is, they should be rooting for Ayaka to break Hiroko's defenses, make her see the errors of her ways, and finally win her heart! Trouble is, 90% of the readers are reacting like Anne would... that is, they think Hiroko is a slimeball and Ayaka needs to find herself a better lover. Ooops. This is not what Sal Jiang had in mind when she created Hiroko.

In the past, there have been many series with similar premises that made the readers in Dynasty forum react the way the author expected. This manga failed to accomplish that. I won't attempt to explain why. Let's just say that Hiroko doesn't have what it takes to charm the readers (whatever this elusive quality may be) and leave it at that.

Congrats on a sterling post! This effectively ends the debate and there's no reason for commenters to keep trying to explain why one should like or dislike Hiroko. Women have since always felt differently about these things. Some are like Charlotte and Emily Brontë, some are like Anne. Some like Heathcliff, some do not. Tastes in fictional characters (emphasis on fiction, reality is another thing) can vary wildly. There's nothing uncommon in that. I hope everbody will realize that writing to justify your likes or criticize others' likes is a pointless exercise.

joined Dec 18, 2021

They should've had at least one date at the lesbian bar. Interact with the older ladies and get us some commentary from experienced lesbians about the way they're dealing with their problems.

I agree that the lesbian bar isn't being used enough. Saving it for Hiroko only isn't justified anymore.

joined Dec 18, 2021

Let me give y'all a simple parallel. This manga is Liberty. Hiroko is Liz. Ayaka is Maki. Who will Maki end up with? Liz. Who will Ayaka end up with? Hiroko. There's no discussing it because this is what we signed up for and the Japanese aren't really into suspense or surprises.

We knew from the start that the main couples are Liz x Maki and Hiroko x Ayaka. No matter what, after a long rocky road full of conflict, angst and misunderstandings, the main couples will achieve lovey dovey bliss and that's that.

A great deal of people will be very angry when this happens because Liz and Hiroko, even tho they're thought-provoking characters, are not popular with the readers. Many will claim that Maki deserves better than Liz and Ayaka deserves better than Hiroko. Well, that might be true, but as Blastaar said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." I for one read fiction for the interesting stories rather than for lessons of fictional justice served to the fictionally deserving.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 3:45PM

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

The credits page: Chads needs to stop trying so hard to be witty, and
learn to appreciate perfection.

The credits page feels like a diss tbh.
If you try too hard, eventually you hit a point of diminishing returns on the zaniness.

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

Some chapter in vol 3 is missing

Because they're not translated yet.

It's been some time since last time I read this complaint.
I wonder if it's somebody reading ST for the first time? Lucky them.

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

If Kase was a real prankster she'd respond, "But we're both girls!"

And if she was sensible she'd respond, "The bet is off, I'm leaving right now."

joined Dec 18, 2021

"Fujino-san... Matsumiya-san... TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!"

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021
_tapeanna-1625846368601513984-img1

Oh, it had been a long time since I last saw a Kiss 22 piece. Noice!

joined Dec 18, 2021

maybe her parents were right

Her parents are, from what we can tell, useless parents

Tangentially related: If two useless lesbians have a kid, will they automatically be useless parents?

Hmm... if useless lesbians are lesbians who can't manage to have sex with each other, then for them to become useless parents must mean that they keep failing at having sex with their kid? :)

Sounds to me like the plot for Itou Hachi's new furryverse piece. The sheep lady marries the roe lady and they adopt a little wolf girl. They both want to do xxx with their kid but since they are both naturally timid they keep messing up and fail all the time. Then the little wolf girl realizes nothing's gonna happen unless she takes the initiative, so she naturally tops her two mommies and shags them like the apex predator she is!

... Damn, now I really want to read this thing. >_<

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

I expected this to be about hip hop gangsta girls, not Al-Capone-style gangsta girls.

I feel kinda cheated.

the difference between gangsta and gangster is but a few letters away

Wanted this:

Got this:

So...

Better or not?

YMMV

last edited at Jun 15, 2023 10:56PM

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

So the sword is rooted in you, but you have no clue how to summon it out of your body?

Try this incantation:

"O Roses of the noble castle,
Power of Dios that sleeps within me,
Heed your master and come forth,
Grant me the power TO BRING THE WORLD REVOLUTION!"

It'll work like a charm.

(Not sure what the royal court will think when they hear you call for revolution, tho...)

^LMFAO

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings.

A hundred thousand shounen-seinen manga can take the witness stand and confirm this. o3o

Maqueovelic
joined Dec 18, 2021

Come on, Kase-san... Look at the mistake you're making! (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)⁠・⁠・⁠・

Like they mentioned before, this is typical behavior in a husband-wife couple where he must prioritize the workplace over the love life and she must put up with it. The Japanese readers certainly understand the dynamics and get a giggle out of it.

And I'm not sure about the "hickey" mentioned in the title of this chapter. After all... Who will "hiccup" who? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Yamada will hickey Kase as a passive-aggressive riposte to what she perceives as the threat of Fukami.

joined Dec 18, 2021

Nothing a quick braking wouldn't fix.

You child murderer.

Oh come on, lol! How was she supposed to know that?

joined Dec 18, 2021

I mean, that is not entirely true. The whole reason otaku have such a bad reputation is exactly due to a campaign like that.

IINM otaku have a bad rep because their hobby is their life. They refuse to live up to societal standards.

If a Japanese salary-man has a stable job, a wife, two children, his own house, his own car, AND spends all of his free time obsessively playing a game where he is a serial rapist of lolis... why, nobody would have anything to reprove! Not even his wife lol!

joined Dec 18, 2021

Look at Nakano. I love that she is still wearing the earrings Miyako got her.

Actually, I think that she hasn't stopped wearing them since Miyako gave them to her -- not even for one day.

She's like someone who was presented an engagement ring and just can't stop flaunting it, haha.

Oh my gosh you're so right, those earrings are Miyako's gift, Nakano said there weren't her style as they were too big but she hasn't stopped wearing them since then! And now that I realized it I'm shipping Nakano and Miyako! 0w0 I'm sure Nakano loves Miyako but doesn't understand her own feelings yet! Cheer for pimp x ho endgame!