Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ohhhh, we're beginning to see where she received her "rules" of pure yuri that she can't escape.

honestly i wouldn’t mind if the next few chapters focusing on watanabe’s background, it seems like an interesting story. we can get yoshioka making her fall in love later

Agree, I want to see Watanabe's backstory, and if it was that Mika-chan's fault.
About your second point though, Watanabe's already in love lmao, just in massive denial (and some PTSD?). I guess you mean helping her get out of denial

yep that’s what i mean. i meant yoshioka will sweep watanabe off her feet and make her admit she’s been in lesbians with the gyaru all along

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Last thing I expected was Watanabe to have a Zorra-chan in her past who sabotages her current relationships through the imprint she left in her memories...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A car exploding when shot is about as realistic as a gust of wind blowing a declaration of love to its recipient: technically possible but the odds are astronomically low.

Except one has agency in it and one does not. You know which one so lets drop this pedantic bs

Random inexplicable explosions don't have agency either lol. Not sure why you felt the need to move the goalposts before terminating the conversation, but okay.

It is not random explosions. You know why it exploded. We are not talking about probabilities. We are talking about agency. We always did. That is why I called it cheap because wind is a random event while a caused explosion is planned however unlikely it is.

And romance is supposed to be the most deliberate genre? That's the part I don't get from you "especially not in a romance"

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Damn that girl is sizzling so hard you can eggs on her

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

Glad we get some progress in that chapter!
That aside, that vocabulary felt so forced it made the whole chapter annoying to read to be honest... a change of translator maybe?

joined May 3, 2014

That aside, that vocabulary felt so forced it made the whole chapter annoying to read to be honest... a change of translator maybe?

did we read the same manga????? don’t know what your talking about

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It is not random explosions. You know why it exploded. We are not talking about probabilities. We are talking about agency. We always did. That is why I called it cheap because wind is a random event while a caused explosion is planned however unlikely it is.

That is a weird double standard. They're both exactly the same degree of author fiat and I am legitimately baffled that you accept one but not the other. Especially since romance is, as noted elsewhere, pretty much the genre of happy accidents and fantastical coincidences. If that bothers you here and only here, maybe you should reexamine your relationship with other fiction and figure out why that's the case.

...anyway, now we have a new chapter that shows it didn't even work properly because Watanabe is an emotionally damaged brick. Yoshioka remains the star, and I think she's probably a bodybuilder, carrying the whole damn plot like she is. The cuts in this chapter were kind of jarring and it wasn't clear what happened with the conversation between Sara and Fuyu until she rematerialised (literally, lol) in the end of the scene.

As far as the flashback ghost, I suspect some kind of abuse/gaslighting happened where Fuyu liked Mika but was told that she's a mob and should only watch or something.

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

This could get pretty interesting if it dives deep into why Watanabe has so little self-esteem.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Watanabe Fuyu (Deceased)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Seriously it felt like someone just discovered a thesaurus. Nobody casually says "abscond" this much. Loved the chapter but oof was the word choice clunky.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Watanabe Fuyu (Deceased)

No yuri for 24 hours challenge (Impossible)

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

That is a weird double standard. They're both exactly the same degree of author fiat and I am legitimately baffled that you accept one but not the other. Especially since romance is, as noted elsewhere, pretty much the genre of happy accidents and fantastical coincidences. If that bothers you here and only here, maybe you should reexamine your relationship with other fiction and figure out why that's the case.

...anyway, now we have a new chapter that shows it didn't even work properly because Watanabe is an emotionally damaged brick. Yoshioka remains the star, and I think she's probably a bodybuilder, carrying the whole damn plot like she is. The cuts in this chapter were kind of jarring and it wasn't clear what happened with the conversation between Sara and Fuyu until she rematerialised (literally, lol) in the end of the scene.

As far as the flashback ghost, I suspect some kind of abuse/gaslighting happened where Fuyu liked Mika but was told that she's a mob and should only watch or something.

It is not a double standart. I have laid out my stance clearly and you are the one who came up with ridicilous and irrelevant examples. "Oh no my love story isnt going anywhere. But what if it was windy that day?" Cheap like one of those harem mangas

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 6:59AM

FrizzleFrazzle
Reisen%20excited%20dynasty
joined Jun 28, 2019

Seriously it felt like someone just discovered a thesaurus. Nobody casually says "abscond" this much. Loved the chapter but oof was the word choice clunky.

Yeah, some of the word choices could work for the more "ojou-sama" characters, but Yoshioka using "imparted" on the third page just seemed extremely off. The word choices made this chapter a bit confusing and difficult to read.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Watanabe, who turned into a background effect to adorn the twins' world.

That was gold XD

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

That went better than expected! There was no outright rejection or ongoing confusion that would reduce my respect for the characters. Ririka acts incredibly strong while Fuyu acts as a flighty animal.

The character roles are backwards and I love it. Ririka is proactive and at this point the clear protagonist of the romance plotline, the POV is just broken because Fuyu is a dolt and Ririka is too flawless to have much internal conflict. Even the fortuitous Tanabata bamboo slip face-slap is a product of Ririka's agency, previously established patterns, and intentions. It's still random but less so from her perspective than the reader POV. If Fuyu won't assert herself about love and fails to be a mob, then she can only be a heroine and Ririka takes the lead role.

Fuyu is all monologue and no action, she wishes so hard to not be a romance protagonist that I can't help but see her as a love interest in Ririka's story. From what Luna said before, Fuyu comes off as a suspicious small animal, so she failed to be an inconspicuous mob a long time ago because of being an opticamo wallflower, and sometimes romantic mediator and voyeur. She went so far as to attend a school perfect for projecting her ideals of girl's love onto others but is in denial she could be loved. Even her long hair used to be arranged in a less mob-ish fashion, an aesthetic confirmation of the massive damage that brought on her self-deception. (Cue the Mika chapter.) It makes sense for Sana to have apathy for this outwardly-shy avoidant girl but I hope that changes. What delectable contradictions. Fuyu turned out to be more of a wreck than I expected.

That was a lot of antiquated dialogue, it was fitting for the genre but the code-switch was a bit rough on my groggy brain. Is that antique versus modern style difference in the original? I feel like I've seen the trope and it's too much for just separating formal and informal speech in the English translation. If that's present at the school then I'd like a translation note.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 7:44AM

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel like even if they get together and married and it's like 30 years in the future, Yoshioka will still believe that Watanbe absolutely loves fries.

Watanabe, who turned into a background effect to adorn the twins' world.

That was gold XD

Especially with the little effect that showed her slipping back into reality.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 8:32AM

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

How can you resist after such an earnest confession, Watanabe? Bruh no wonder Sana adores Ririka that much

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Watanabe has leveled up her mob powers to literally become the background now... :D

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

You go Ririka, shine your way into her life, gyaru style ! If someone can heal Watanabe's broken self image , it's definitely you :O Also, I'm having major flashbacks to the mean sempai who broke Sayaka's heart in bloom into you with the girl from Watanabe's past.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 9:38AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I feel like even if they get together and married and it's like 30 years in the future, Yoshioka will still believe that Watanbe absolutely loves fries.

Oh no babe, Yoshioka is so powerful that Watanabe will start loving fries for her sake

You go Ririka, shine your way into her life, gyaru style ! If someone can heal Watanabe's broken self image , it's definitely you :O Also, I'm having major flashbacks to the mean sempai who broke Sayaka's heart in bloom into you with the girl from Watanabe's past.

It seems like the story is 100% going for that. Either that Mika girl said “Yuri is just fiction” or something along the lines of calling it BS and convincing Watanabe her feelings for girls were nor valid OR Watanabe had a crush on this girl who introduced her to Yuri and got flat out rejected, leading her to believe her only role in her precious yuri story is that of a background, because she’ll never be loved

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 10:35AM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

WE NEED MOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!! Oh but please do take your time scanlating. Your hard work is absolutely appreciated ;>.THEYRE SO CUTE THO I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT!!

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

My English is not good enough for that last chapter, I missed too much to make sense of it. Does anyone know where I can find the raws so I can puzzle it together? Or give me a short summary, that would be amazing:)

C6w4tblwoaaksdj
joined Mar 25, 2021

My English is not good enough for that last chapter, I missed too much to make sense of it. Does anyone know where I can find the raws so I can puzzle it together? Or give me a short summary, that would be amazing:)

really short summary
after hanging their tanabata wishes, watanabe leaves her phone then goes back to get it, only to accidentally running into ririka after her wish flies into watanabe which she accidentally sees, which is for her to confess to watanabe

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Only place I know of is this: https://comic-action.com/episode/13933686331613879665

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Most belated April fool's everyone. What kind of elucidation must I covet for this highfalutin construction?

Edit: honestly wondering why the sudden change in their speech? It would be understandable for the classy ojou-samas to talk that way and/or if their speech has always been like that to begin with, but it's honestly bothersome to connect them with the characters now. Sorry for the rant, this chapter made them all sound pretentious in my head.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 1:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.