Forum › Still Not Normal Today discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Is it only me who thinks this gacha stuff is a horrible scam that should probably be illegal? Charging a flat fee for an image would be one thing. Game-ified gambling using artificial scarcity and various carefully calibrated psychological tricks to create addiction is just vile. Tell me someone pirates this stuff.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is it only me who thinks this gacha stuff is a horrible scam that should probably be illegal? Charging a flat fee for an image would be one thing. Game-ified gambling using artificial scarcity and various carefully calibrated psychological tricks to create addiction is just vile. Tell me someone pirates this stuff.

I agree that gachas are horrible, but I'm not sure if anyone can, or really could, pirate them. It's not like the gameplay is a major selling point for almost any of them, so if you don't want the gambling, you can get similar results from fan works, wikis, and the occasional youtube video.

That said, it does always bother me a bit when I see a cool character design or story attached to a gacha, because it means I'm never going to be able to really engage with it and it's probably not going to go anywhere.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 5:30PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I dont know, seens pretty normal to me.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of this.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

YES

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Loving the overall "message" here. I can also sympathize as someone whose weeb friends in middle/high school were all fujos but ignored the glory of yuri...

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

seems interesting and fun so far. Plus I really like the artist's art style, so I can't wait for more chapters to come out

joined Nov 21, 2018

This one's cute, but it's a little hard to read. I'm not sure if it's the original writing or the translation, but it feels like things are unclear and jumping around a lot.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

This has been said before, but this group really needs a a proofreader.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I dont want to be an adult either, bills suck. School sucks too though so I guess the best option is to become a bird and fly away

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Mega fucking mood aaaaaaaaa

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This is definitely relatable. I will definitely miss my student discounts when I graduate in a week, that's for damn sure...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This is definitely relatable. I will definitely miss my student discounts when I graduate in a week, that's for damn sure...

I still use mine and I graduated 2 years ago.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

"I split my ass on the night bus."
"Your ass is split to begin with."

What does that mean? Is it an idiom to say she sat for so long that her buttcheeks became separated?

joined Jan 3, 2020

"I split my ass on the night bus."
"Your ass is split to begin with."

What does that mean? Is it an idiom to say she sat for so long that her buttcheeks became separated?

No. At least in English, this wording is just an alternative for "ouch, my aching backside" or other similar expressions. Her response is actually common. It's actually so particular it makes me wonder if it is a reference, either here or in the original Japanese.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The problem with suddenly becoming an adult after graduation is that almost nobody teaches you how to be one up until that point. :-/

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I really really like this so far. Better than the author's other manga

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Anyone else get a sudden 3d pop-out effect from the credits?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hmm.
I do think the story and its concept is kinda interesting and I'll probably stick with it, but the writing seems rough and kinda incoherent.
And I don't think that's down to the translation, it feels more like the original dialogue doesn't seem to flow really well, or would require major alterations for an English-speaking audience to properly work.
So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that while Windyfall's recent output hasn't exactly been stellar, they also have chosen a few works that were rough to begin with.

last edited at May 8, 2022 10:00PM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Trying to read the room is awful. There's too many possible options and not a lot of feedback, since its often considered rude to be direct. Takahashi is very good~

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

A second chapter today! Thank you Windyfall / Tosikai!

The premise is there, but we don't have much of a plot beyond finding new societal norms that the main characters can't meet up to. So at this rate the manga may be another comedy that is not quite 'introspective' and never qualifies as 'romance'. Even with the somewhat gay concept we may not get confirmed gay content. I like U-temo's work either way but I'm hoping this story actually creates something fresh out of its buildup to adulthood and its mild neurodivirgence schtick.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Something no one mentioned: In chapter 1, Yamashita was looking at a Christmas Cake guide. And at 27, she is "christmas cake" in Japanese slang by being in her late twenties and unmarried and by implication unwanted. After the holiday, cakes go to the bin or on sale with a discount, so the words are outdated and demeaning.

last edited at May 8, 2022 11:56PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Am I having a stroke

last edited at May 24, 2022 12:35PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Am I having a stroke

Copy right and its consequences have been a disaster for comprehensive manga dialogue

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

...is it just me or are chapters 4 and 5 swapped

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Feels more and more introspective

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

Feels more and more introspective

feels like the definition of NEET

To reply you must either login or sign up.