Forum › Contract Sisters discussion

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

At this rate the OL will become the imouto in this relationship.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

PineconeJuice posted:

There's a lot of uncomfortable energy in this one, as both of them are using one another to just fill in an empty gap in their lives. Not a very healthy thing to do. So as long as this is one of those "We improve on ourselves" types of stories, I'm game to see where and how it goes.

Only the imouto would be kind of bad, because she's looking for a replacement but there's absolutely nothing wrong with looking for love when you're lonely.

"Not like this" would be my response. Meguru has a clear issue and is using x as a stand-in for her sister. Hayafuji on the other hand has fallen into a typical consumerism trap and is desperately trying to fill in the void in her life.

With Meguru, it's clear where the issue is, although I wouldn't call it "bad" as in malicious. If anything, it's a bit troubling just how professionally she approaches this kind of deal. Hayafuji on the other hand seems to notice things and even sees how "wrong" it is to be paid, but she accepts it regardless, deciding that filling in that happiness meter is more important than questioning and trying to find a solution for this situation.

Now I'll say it again, with the way those two are presented, minor issues aside, I wouldn't call either of them malicious. Hence why this is hopefully one of those "with the power of love we notice our flaws and better ourselves" type of stories. This is barely the second chapter, and we're just presented with those two.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

More like the sudden coincidence, I'm baffled about the idea of your building saying "get out lol, effectively intermediately" how is that legal? Unless they omitted details and there's actually like a year or half a year of preventive notice.

I don't think the sister is dead, perhaps she just married and moved.

In Germany this kind of stuff feels almost impossible to do, especially if you have people with old contracts inside.

But this manga is just too fun, who cares if it is literal wishfullfilment. Sometimes this kind of high sugar treat is just what is needed!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

More like the sudden coincidence, I'm baffled about the idea of your building saying "get out lol, effectively intermediately" how is that legal? Unless they omitted details and there's actually like a year or half a year of preventive notice.

I don't think the sister is dead, perhaps she just married and moved.

In Germany this kind of stuff feels almost impossible to do, especially if you have people with old contracts inside.

But this manga is just too fun, who cares if it is literal wishfullfilment. Sometimes this kind of high sugar treat is just what is needed!

Pretty sure, here in the Nordics at least, it's literally illegal to do without prior notice and the landlord might even be legally obligated to help you relocate or pay you compensation if they didn't. A contract works both ways after all, the only way they're allowed to kick you out immediately without warning is if you broke it yourself.

That said though, there's nothing wrong with wish-fulfillment fiction. As long as it facilitate a premise, a bit of contrivance to get there is totally fine in works that aren't strictly purporting to be realistic in the first place.

...Kinda hoping it turns out the big sister isn't actually dead, she just moved away. That'd be hilarious! xD

last edited at May 1, 2022 4:28PM

joined Oct 22, 2020

Is this super contrived and convenient? Yep
Do I love it anyway? Also yep

As for all the European saying 'wait is that even legal?' the answer is 'maybe'. If the building needs urgent repair and can't be lived in, that's a just cause for eviction, which the author appears to be invoking with the construction mention. Japanese tenant laws are pretty strong in the matter overall and in spite of how often it comes up in manga, you are supposed to get a half year notice for anything that isn't a few specific urgent cases. They do not, though, have to help you relocate. But let's be honest, the real reason is to justify them moving in together even though the OL has a job and apartment. Wouldn't be surprised if she lost the job somehow too for 'reasons' in a later chapter

last edited at May 1, 2022 4:51PM

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

Goddd i really like the mc! The way she forgets the bad things while highlighting the good things is so charming!

joined Jan 14, 2020

I wondered if it was "lots of construction, so too noisy for me to want to stay"

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I love this and I want them both to have their wishes and fantasies fulfilled.

Total "Maa ii ka" energy

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

More like the sudden coincidence, I'm baffled about the idea of your building saying "get out lol, effectively immediately" how is that legal?

Oh you. Don't you get it? The building is playing wingman! Totally a yuri otaku.
Watanabe from this series gives that building two thumbs up!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

morter posted:

I love this and I want them both to have their wishes and fantasies fulfilled.

Total "Maa ii ka" energy

Yeah we just have to just accept this lo/

I don't think she can just move there right away, but the contract might change a lot after this... We know that she doesn't want and has no intention to accept the payment, but now she's gonna be living there... There's too many things to consider lol

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn her little sister is a top class dom. like bruh her daddy energy is leaking every damn panel.she also reminds me of mei aihara welp minus the, smiling part,

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If someone told me that the Japanese had a service, that let you pay a girl to pretend to be your doting sister, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. In fact, I would be lttle surprised if it turned out not be a thing over there.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose response to this chapter was "wait, can landlords actually DO that? Just kick you out with no notice and no cause?"

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

why does the younger sister have so much money - didnt she work as a waitress in a family mart? and she can pay the OL like it was nothing.
Unless - the explanation is, she's a neglected child from a rich family and they give her way too much money for a teenager to compensate. but why would she have to work as a waitress in the first place.
anyway - the onee-san is super cute and she's here for the ride.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

why does the younger sister have so much money - didnt she work as a waitress in a family mart? and she can pay the OL like it was nothing.
Unless - the explanation is, she's a neglected child from a rich family and they give her way too much money for a teenager to compensate. but why would she have to work as a waitress in the first place.

Maybe is the "I wanna be independent so i'll work to prove myself" or something lol.

Besides that, Meguru is kind of scary. I agree with the seductive energy that some people mentioned before, and the fact that she isn't very expressive makes it kind of scary lol. I'm curious on how are things going to continue now though. Also the MC is super cute!

joined Dec 13, 2020

More like the sudden coincidence, I'm baffled about the idea of your building saying "get out lol, effectively immediately" how is that legal?

Oh you. Don't you get it? The building is playing wingman! Totally a yuri otaku.

The building is a yuri otaku?
Great, now I'm having flashbacks of this:

joined Nov 21, 2018

Unfortunately for credits-page-Hayafuji, the tears that come with cutting an onion are from its smell. The googles, they do nothing!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Chapter 1, meeting and getting into a relationship contract. Chapter 2, they're now living together. Movin' real fast, where are we goin' in chapter 3? Marriage? Chapter 4 is obviously kids.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

damn her little sister is a top class dom. like bruh her daddy energy is leaking every damn panel.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Why can't someone pay me $100 a day to dote on a cute little sister?

LordMeganium
joined Dec 10, 2021

The building is a yuri otaku?
Great, now I'm having flashbacks of this:

Elaborate please

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I Ike the art style, plus they’re both cute

last edited at May 2, 2022 5:16AM

joined Aug 29, 2019
joined Dec 13, 2020

Elaborate please

Yuri Wall or in Japanese Yuri Kabe is a manga by SetaSeta.

It's not on Dynasty Reader. You can find it on Manga Club and maybe other manga sites.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's not on Dynasty Reader. You can find it on Manga Club and maybe other manga sites.

It's also for sale on Amazon

More like the sudden coincidence, I'm baffled about the idea of your building saying "get out lol, effectively intermediately" how is that legal? Unless they omitted details and there's actually like a year or half a year of preventive notice

This sort of thing happened to me in a city that has pretty decent renters' rights. It's a nightmare. We had a surprise kitchen remodel due to mold, which lasted months. If the property owner/landlord has a legal reason to do the remodel/violate state renter laws, the renter is just boned unless they're wealthy enough to have an attorney fight back

last edited at May 2, 2022 2:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.