Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

...Yandere Elsa is so cool wtf, wanna see more of it lol. Also hope they don't stop translating this after it gets paywalled, this is an amazing manhua :(

joined Jan 14, 2020

edit: If you think about it: The reason she bullied Yvonne is, that she is friends with someone whose father is part of the somewhat group of people that looked down on her father (and was punished for an unproven crime, but I doubt that she really cares about that). that a lot of mental gymnasics

No, because Yvonne's father is part of the group of people who would look down on Alta's father.

Unless I've missed something from early on. Yvonne Smollett is from an ancient noble family, close to the royal family itself. That's what Alta says. And the notes say Alta's father was treated like shit by the rich and powerful he tried to bribe.

I'm not saying that justifies the bullying, but it's one less level of indirection than you state.

Unrelatedly, I re-discovered:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch01#6

Elsa's possession not from the game (at least that Yvonne recalls.)

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

No, because Yvonne's father is part of the group of people who would look down on Alta's father.

Unless I've missed something from early on. Yvonne Smollett is from an ancient noble family, close to the royal family itself. That's what Alta says. And the notes say Alta's father was treated like shit by the rich and powerful he tried to bribe.

I'm not saying that justifies the bullying, but it's one less level of indirection than you state.

That makes more sense now, also I bet the system just spawned those to progress the story lol

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 4:03AM

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

edit: If you think about it: The reason she bullied Yvonne is, that she is friends with someone whose father is part of the somewhat group of people that looked down on her father (and was punished for an unproven crime, but I doubt that she really cares about that). that a lot of mental gymnasics

I actually read the novel in mtl and you won't believe that the system hasnothing to do with those things

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 2:06PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It will not be paywalled next chapter. That starts in three chapters.

Aw will translations get dropped then? Series has been my favorite so far...

Yeah, definitely one of my favs too.

Who would have thought that "Yvonne Smolett: the adventures of a neutron star" would make for such an interesting manga, lol.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I actually read the novel in mtl and you won't believe that the system hasnothing to do with those things

I need to ask, did you use Google translate or another translator? For me the translation was so bad that I only understood about 50% of what was happening at any time.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Regardless if you use Google translate or Deepl, 50% is an extremely generous evaluation of MTL accuracy.

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 4:58PM

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

I need to ask, did you use Google translate or another translator? For me the translation was so bad that I only understood about 50% of what was happening at any time.

Used Google translate. It is somewhat understandable if you can autocorrect the sentence by yourself including their Chinese and romanized names as the names often switch between elsa/aisha etc, it should be okay to just switch them without getting confused

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 3:11AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

It will not be paywalled next chapter. That starts in three chapters.

Aw will translations get dropped then? Series has been my favorite so far...

Yeah, definitely one of my favs too.

Who would have thought that "Yvonne Smolett: the adventures of a neutron star" would make for such an interesting manga, lol.

Wait a sec Evie's last name is Smolett? Seriously? I dont see one small thing about this blackhole!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Hi readers, FYI there was no new chapter published this week.

Aw will translations get dropped then?

We still plan on continuing the translation of this series, though everyone should also support/read the official English translation when it comes out, probably in a couple months.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

We still plan on continuing the translation of this series, though everyone should also support/read the official English translation when it comes out, probably in a couple months.

Thank you very much for the update. Will definitely support it once the Official English translation comes out.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Thank you for continuing to release chapters despite the added cost. Very kind of you.

And super happy to hear that an official release is coming, the creators deserve the support!

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Can't wait for chapter 25!

Also, I personally hope it's something small that gets Yvonne to finally see. But on that, over how long does this story take from chapter two? Maybe it's only been a couple weeks? That would make this more understandable.

She probably has been having obsessive thoughts for years about this world and its nature. The Villainess Menu popping up with Elsa probably reinforced those thoughts too. Two weeks or more to unravel that sounds about right. And I bet she is using those thoughts as a subconscious shield because she is hurt from being lonely for years, and is trying to deny it. Like, do you see the way her hands shake and heavily grip things?

Like, she probably doesn't have any familial connections to her body's biological family. She's probably only been worrying about them because she doesn't want innocents to die or something. And she doesn't really react when her family is ranted about. Tho they might be more like acquaintances than strangers. And also: the way she smiles at the end of chapter one. Looks like she is super relieved to get away from all the high-social crap, which is even worse than being lonely I bet.

Also, she's relieved to have someone to live with. Ala, chapter 24, and a few chapter back she thought how empty her apartment was before Elsa came.

Sorry, about the weird writing. I'm super tired.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 9:00AM

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Can't wait for chapter 25!

Also, I personally hope it's something small that gets Yvonne to finally see. But on that, over how long does this story take from chapter two? Maybe it's only been a couple weeks? That would make this more understandable.

She probably has been having obsessive thoughts for years about this world and its nature. The Villainess Menu popping up with Elsa probably reinforced those thoughts too. Two weeks or more to unravel that sounds about right. And I bet she is using those thoughts as a subconscious shield because she is hurt from being lonely for years, and is trying to deny it. Like, do you see the way her hands shake and heavily grip things?

Like, she probably doesn't have any familial connections to her body's biological family. She's probably only been worrying about them because she doesn't want innocents to die or something. And she doesn't really react when her family is ranted about. Tho they might be more like acquaintances than strangers. And also: the way she smiles at the end of chapter one. Looks like she is super relieved to get away from all the high-social crap, which is even worse than being lonely I bet.

Also, she's relieved to have someone to live with. Ala, chapter 24, and a few chapter back she thought how empty her apartment was before Elsa came.

Sorry, about the weird writing. I'm super tired.

Actually I'm feeling that Evie is just in denial and is actually feeling really insecure. There was no Villainess route in the original game and she's afraid that once one of the original target is near, the world may trigger a plot to get them together like her system. To put it, just like Rei in IFTV before/during the Love Scales arc.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 10:33AM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Update: No new chapter today either, so it seems Chapter 25 (the next one) will coincide with the introduction of the paywall next weekend.

joined Aug 29, 2019

So dose that mean we wont be getting anymore translations!?????

literally five posts above:

Don't worry, I think we'll be fine.

last edited at Mar 27, 2022 4:35PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

The impatient patience has set in, lol. I need the wholesomeness.

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

You know how in the credits page, it says something along the lines 'if this is being read on any site other than the aforementioned ones, then it was stolen'. does that do anything? the one stealing and uploading it on other sites could easily just edit that part out or even replace it with lies.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

You know how in the credits page, it says something along the lines 'if this is being read on any site other than the aforementioned ones, then it was stolen'. does that do anything? the one stealing and uploading it on other sites could easily just edit that part out or even replace it with lies.

Short answer is no, it probably doesn't do much. Heck, a couple of people on other sites have taken our translations as their own and uploaded it there, there's not much we can do about that. But most aggregator sites are lazy - they use bots to copy from MD or Dynasty, and so on the vast majority of the aggregator sites that notice remains. If it encourages even a few people to come to MD or Dynasty, that's a win in my book.

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

Short answer is no, it probably doesn't do much. Heck, a couple of people on other sites have taken our translations as their own and uploaded it there, there's not much we can do about that. But most aggregator sites are lazy - they use bots to copy from MD or Dynasty, and so on the vast majority of the aggregator sites that notice remains. If it encourages even a few people to come to MD or Dynasty, that's a win in my book.

I see. That's kind of unfortunate that they can get away with it. Also, where is your pfp from? The art looks similar to Bloom into You.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Also, where is your pfp from? The art looks similar to Bloom into You.

It's the 2nd to last page of Bloom Into You in greyscale

joined Aug 29, 2019

Well thank you for making me read that magnificent final chapter once more... * grumble grumble * (btw. the YagaKimi thread is at 7774 posts, 3 more for the epic fight-ending combo from FF7!)

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well thank you for making me read that magnificent final chapter once more... * grumble grumble * (btw. the YagaKimi thread is at 7774 posts, 3 more for the epic fight-ending combo from FF7!)

Be the change you wanna see in the world

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

That's right. I changed the text, but it's too small to be discernable on the forums.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

hyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i love this

To reply you must either login or sign up.