Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

This is unfathomably blessed

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

this bullying manga needs a wholesome tag lol

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I feel like they're unironically gonna hold hands in bed next time.

Nice call

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Aww. No extra notes from the lite novel? I wanted to know if my hunch was right about the story being The Wizard of Oz.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Elsa: I wonder what books Evie’s been reading lately? I should give them a try.
Evie, who has been reading lots of femslash: Nervous Sweating

On a more serious note, it seems Evie does recognize that Elsa’s coming onto her. I guess she assumes that her feelings are temporary? That she’ll shift gears once an ML appears?

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Aww. No extra notes from the lite novel? I wanted to know if my hunch was right about the story being The Wizard of Oz.

Yeah I didn't have time to write up notes this week, but it's clear there's a Wizard of Oz connection between all the references, not just the story Elsa tells. Elsa's last name is "Dorothy," the kingdom's name is Aosi in Chinese, which while we have rendered as "Aus[land]", we mostly did so to avoid the more common rendition of it as "Oz." I don't really know where Chise was going with this, though, since at least plot-wise, I haven't seen any similarities at all.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah I didn't have time to write up notes this week, but it's clear there's a Wizard of Oz connection between all the references, not just the story Elsa tells. Elsa's last name is "Dorothy," the kingdom's name is Aosi in Chinese, which while we have rendered as "Aus[land]", we mostly did so to avoid the more common rendition of it as "Oz." I don't really know where Chise was going with this, though, since at least plot-wise, I haven't seen any similarities at all.

The amount of Snow White references in "Snow White with the Red Hair" was one basket of poisoned apples out of a rather long manga.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The last few chapters have been really ramping up the sexual tension. Even though I know nothing is going to happen and we'll go back to some kind of status quo after this, I'm reading each chapter hoping for more.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This whole chapter was so sweet. The curtain, the beds, and the light all had this sense of reality where you can almost feel what it would be like to be there. The gentle, subdued closeness is such a contrast from the louder and more colorful action in the rest of this manga that it really came across the way sleepovers do—as this sort of shared liminal space, outside the routine cycle of the everyday, and that feeling of quiet, reflective possibility. It’s really lovely.

I could feel how close and fond of each other they are, and with Yvonne not thinking of her feelings as romantic, it sort of reminds me of how easy it is to fall deeply in love with a really close friend without even realizing it when you think you’re straight, or you don’t consider that possibility.

Really really amazing chapter. It has some of the thing I liked most about Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It in there, but it’s still its own thing.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 2:06AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

On a more serious note, it seems Evie does recognize that Elsa’s coming onto her. I guess she assumes that her feelings are temporary? That she’ll shift gears once an ML appears?

That's the gist of it, yes. Yvonne is certain a prince charming will come one day and sweep Elsa off her feet and take her away. It's predetermined in the script of the game, and how could characters rebel against the script?

Isn't it just a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to an iconic piece of gay symbology?

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Hey thank you! Much appreciated!

joined Jun 9, 2018

I love this top tier vanilla Yuri. Of the best. I can't believe the guy who said they end up with holding hands would be right.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 4:27AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Too adorable. ^_^

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Elsa's face when she gets into bed with Yvonne is just perfect :D

joined May 1, 2015

Yvonne: No funny business.
Elsa: Okay
Yvonne: Why hasn't she tried anything?
Me: Bruh

Lmao seriously.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

She’s already head over heels and just doesnt realize it

SandfallSkyrocket
Bread%20loaf%20sliced%20profile%20pic
joined Jan 2, 2022

My heart has been purified, always nice to see an update from this series!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Isn't it just a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to an iconic piece of gay symbology?

I'm not really sure how well known the Wizard of Oz is in China for being a gay symbol, but it could be thought of as one of the first modern isekais. Also notable is that the bedtime story Elsa tells is only an Oz reference in the manhua. It's not an Oz reference in the webnovel.

joined Jan 14, 2020

oh no

Yvonne is a friend of Dorothy

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

They're holding hands in bed while sleeping...

Isn't that like insanely lewd?

joined Aug 29, 2019

They're holding hands in bed while sleeping...

Isn't that like insanely lewd?

Yeah, I think we've basically reached peak lewd.

joined Apr 6, 2019

oh no

Yvonne is a friend of Dorothy

LOL!

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

dies from wholesome

To reply you must either login or sign up.