Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

joined Sep 16, 2020

Was that random spanish text on p76 intentional?

that was my bad, sorry~~~ wait please~~~

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This chapter is enjoyable :-D The misunderstandings are hilarious as heck :'-)

I'm a yuri otaku of the male sex and there's absolutely no room for the self... unless of course it's like a certain character in the webtoon of my current pfp, a die hard yuri shipper with a boyfriend kyaaa (≧▽≦)

I'm looking forward to whatever may happen in the next chap, can't wait :-)

:) that’s cute I didn’t even realize some boys were yuri fans but ofc there are
Now I desperately want a similar manga about a guy who thinks yuri is not for them but slowly transitions
You could do all the character archetypes helping her discover all the cool things about being a girl, gyaru teaching her makeup, class president insisting on dignity and poise, tomboy showing her that she can still like boyish things
One day I’ll be able to draw and then watch out

We do need more trans yuri in this life. I would be so hype to see a premise like that.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I'm a yuri otaku of the male sex and there's absolutely no room for the self... unless of course it's like a certain character in the webtoon of my current pfp, a die hard yuri shipper with a boyfriend kyaaa (≧▽≦)

Now I desperately want a similar manga about a guy who thinks yuri is not for them but slowly transitions
You could do all the character archetypes helping her discover all the cool things about being a girl, gyaru teaching her makeup, class president insisting on dignity and poise, tomboy showing her that she can still like boyish things

Dunno if it's gonna be yuri and it's not exactly trans either, but that reminds me a bit of Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made
The (good) translation is only up to 22 at the moment so who knows where it'll go though.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Dunno if it's gonna be yuri and it's not exactly trans either, but that reminds me a bit of Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made
The (good) translation is only up to 22 at the moment so who knows where it'll go though.

Oh, that one seems interesting, I'll check it out.

On the subject, there is the webtoon "I want to be a cute anime girl", I am not up to date with it, but it's a pretty cute comic about a boy that after being dressed up by his sister realizes that he actually wants to be a girl, and slowly goes by how that changes her lífe. And on the Yuri front she has a crush on another girl, which I imagine gets reciprocrated eventually.

And on the subject of this manga, lovely chapter~ the sisters are really cute.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Watanabe's first thought: Someone (girl) x Myself
Second thought: I can be single but my OTPs must get married.
Third thought: So thirsty for yuri I will ship the gyaru threat-to-women with her boy-loving sister. I am impervious to romance.

Yes. Iamlovingthat4u, I want your dream to come true.

Most social-transition comics are built around magical genderswap. Autobiographical work like The Bride Was A Boy don't scratch the narrative itch. I loved the social transition stuff in the crossdressing cis hetero romance Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (or The boy who cried wolf tells a lie today also), and it has a canonically trans older-sister support-character. Boys Run The Riot is about a trans man learning manliness, though it's fairly serious and it feels rushed especially at the end. I don't know of anything that's exactly a transition comedy but some things do capture some of the mood.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 2:34PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Great recommendation!!! I would say its trans yuri.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The amount of olympic level jumps that Watanabe has to go through to remove herself from existence is so funny

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15346-dynasty-specific-demographic-survey

het cis men 35%, cis lesbian 18%, trans les 6%

https://floatingintobliss.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/yuri-isnt-made-for-men-an-analysis-of-the-demographics-of-yuri-mangaka-and-fans/

"In this research I found that out of the 150 mangaka, 91 were female, 20 were male, and 39 did not have a listed gender. This means that 60.66% of mangaka were female, 13.33% were male, and 26% were unknown"

"According to a 2007 poll by the magazine, 70% of Comic Yuri Hime readers were female. This poll has a response bias and it’s worth noting that this was before the magazine merged with the more male-oriented Comic Yuri Hime S, but it is notable. According to The File on Yuri Works, only 62% of Yuri Hime S readers were male in 2008"

"According to this survey of 1352 people, 52.4% identified as female, 46.1% identified as male, and 1.6% identified as other... According to her survey, 30.0% of respondents were non-heterosexual women, while only 15.2% were heterosexual women(a significant number of people chose ‘don’t know’ for this section.) As a result, we can conclude that roughly 66% of women taking this survey were women who are attracted to other women... Non-heterosexual men accounted for around 2-3% of the total survey"

joined May 1, 2015

Sister yuri is always good, but I give it less points if it does not involve twins.
That was a joke.
Anyways, I want more plain x gyaru.

joined Jun 8, 2020

sad

joined Dec 16, 2017

I'm a guy and have been a fan of Yuri for many years (since middle school). First exposure: Sailor Moon. First Yuri pairing: Ami and Makoto (Lita in the US). Read fanfictions throughout my high-school years. Would print reams of papers of fan novels. College was no different.

We are a minority but a proud one! Been accused of just liking it for the "lesbian sex" but there is nothing like the purity, the build up, the drama, the reveals, the love, the loss, the angst, the everything that comes with Yuri!

This girl is my spirit animal! Though I expect her to become Yuri. Can't wait to see it but if she doesn't that's OK too.

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

And then she was out sick for a couple days because she was out in the rain.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

On the subject, there is the webtoon "I want to be a cute anime girl", I am not up to date with it, but it's a pretty cute comic about a boy that after being dressed up by his sister realizes that he actually wants to be a girl, and slowly goes by how that changes her lífe. And on the Yuri front she has a crush on another girl, which I imagine gets reciprocrated eventually.

Oh hey, I was friends with the author of that in college, though we've since drifted apart. Small world.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We are a minority but a proud one! Been accused of just liking it for the "lesbian sex" but there is nothing like the purity, the build up, the drama, the reveals, the love, the loss, the angst, the everything that comes with Yuri!

Yeah, it can be very tiresome to have fingers pointing at you just because you're male.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

who wants to bet the next chapter is Watanabe sick from being out in the rain and Yoshioka visiting her at home

joined Sep 11, 2019

I'm a guy and have been a fan of Yuri for many years (since middle school). First exposure: Sailor Moon. First Yuri pairing: Ami and Makoto (Lita in the US). Read fanfictions throughout my high-school years. Would print reams of papers of fan novels. College was no different.

This girl is my spirit animal! Though I expect her to become Yuri. Can't wait to see it but if she doesn't that's OK too.

Same bro.
Cept my first exposure was to Isya's Suite Precure doujinshi series Sweet Box

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm a guy and have been a fan of Yuri for many years...

I'm a guy as well, wanted to hop on the "confession" train. Was always afraid of pointed fingers and damning labels, so I've kept being a yuri fan on a low fire for the longest time. I still am afraid, to be honest, since I do admit that --for me-- part of the appeal does come from the "lesbian sex," but it's far from being the primary factor. Amusingly, though, for better or worse, I believe my first exposure to "proper" yuri was the Sakura Trick anime. Or maybe the gateway into yuri would be a better description for that. I remember that "flip of a switch," feeling, "this is a whole new horizon before me" kind of thing.

I saw a comment somewhere around that said something along the lines of "I just like seeing girls being happy with each other," and that kind of struck a chord with me... for better or worse, I guess? Kind of afraid of making the wrong impression here, honestly.

On the subject of this manga, I'm a big fan of meta-humor and especially the usage of art-style shifts as emphasis, and I'm a big fan, in general, of how things are shaping up, so yeah, I'm a big fan. Looking forward to seeing where things go.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Well... This is awkward cause i think im the only one here (male of course) that has a past not so friendly with any gay stuff and was one of the kind that thought "how can you like something like that(?" Or "bruh thats weird"... Tho i honestly say i never knew how i was until i knew one of my friends was gay (as a matter of fact i was the last one of my circle to know) and until i made a joke and asked "you dont have a problem with me saying it right?" With him responding "Nah im already used to you being like that" that it struck me in the head how i was... Time passed and as i tried to be less... Like me, i ran into a yuri manga (well more like a one shot) and thought "huh... Maybe ill give a shot" then a shot became 2 and before noticing the "bruh thats weird" kind of thought when i see gay content diluded in the "bruh this is beautiful" kind of thought... Yeah not the best character development story... Anyway thanks and sorry for reading it and lets see where this is going

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I too was part of this club until I transitioned (lmao). Turns out I liked women who liked women because I was a woman who liked women. Crazy how nature do that.

One way or another, happy to have y'all aboard!

o7

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 5:32PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It's getting pretty clear gyaru-chan is already falling for our little otaku girl ;) Also, Gyaru x ghost yuri is a perfectly valid sub genre in my book !

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 6:47PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

Ok I didn't think she would actually be a ghost, just some kooky misunderstandings like she's from another class.

joined Jan 26, 2019

Dang. I wanted gyaru x ghost yuri

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Im having a hard time processing this chapter.......

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Yeah, it can be very tiresome to have fingers pointing at you just because you're male.

I used to feel very guilty about reading yuri as a guy even though I only like it for the romance and story while a lot of time avoiding old tired tropes of het romance. But then I got around to reading Bloom Into You and saw Maki's character, I found out about aromanticism (Same time that I started to pretty much exclusively read and watch yuri). After some thoughts and looking into my past, I've accepted that I am aromantic. Through that, I can like yuri without feeling guilty.

I pretty much feel repulsed when thinking about being in a relationship and it causes me anxiety. And as it stands, het stuff is full of fanservicey self-inserts that I avoid it all together. So yuri is the perfect media for me where I can just watch cute romance from the sidelines not involving me in no way shape or form- and also helps that I like cute and feminine stuff and can relate more to female characters.

So yeah, why do I have to feel ashamed or guilty for liking something when I have a perfectly good reason for it?

Iamlovingthat4u
joined Aug 17, 2021

Dang. I wanted gyaru x ghost yuri

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/theres_a_ghost_behind_that_gyaru

Your wishes have been preemptively granted

To reply you must either login or sign up.