Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Beat me to a pulp but Watanabe deserves a "Wake up" slap in the face... Damn girl at first it was funny but now XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

On an unrelated note the single funniest scene in this chapter for me is when Prez Midori takes one long look at Yoshioka and just plain gives up :D

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Not even the almighty student council can defeat the gyaru.

And guess who's going to become the new Cinderella?...

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

When i saw the script crumbling apart behind watanabe... i felt that.

on a side note, i hope this shoves watanabe into the cinderella role and then we have yoshiaka sweep her right off her feet.

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

She's falling deeper into the misunderstanding.
Ehehehe, how will this end I wonder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Futanair lover
joined Nov 28, 2021

Thank God their's more people that think the mc is a prick

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I have to agree with the general sentiment around here that Yoshioka is a legit fun, compelling character. She's kind and open minded and she seems to genuinely care about people. I'm 100% rooting for her now and Watanabe better not make her sad or I'll be freaking mad XP

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 9:33PM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

"I'll become the new cinderella! Totally just because I don't want this gyaru to ruin yuri and not because I want to be yuri myself!'

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

MC: I have to keep this filthy gyaru out of my yuri atmosfere!
Gyaru: I'm kinda worried about her, since she only hangs with me and Fujiyama. It'd be great if she could make friends with more people.

Yeah, the MC doesn't really look good in comparison with Yoshioka.

It's actually worse. The episode with the Ouija board made it clear that Gyaru has developed feelings for MC; the spirits (or angel-san) were going to spell out that Gyaru's loved one is named Watanabe when Gyaru flipped over the board.

And all this time Gyaru has been under the impression that MC has a romantic crush on her. That's actually the whole reason why she started looking at MC as a potential love interest... and eventually grew fond of her and started feeling a tender affection towards her!

If Gyaru ever finds out what MC really thinks of her, it will break her innocent heart.

joined Jan 14, 2020

If Gyaru ever finds out what MC really thinks of her, it will break her innocent heart.

Or turn her yandere.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I honestly feel really bad for Yoshioka (the gyaru) at this point.
She thinks her life's going well and that her (best?) friend is in love with her (which she might reciprocate), but in reality her friend doesn't even like her and is actively going out of her way to keep her "out of other people's way."

I know it's just a setup for the comedy and eventual reverse into dating, but it's just a bit too sad for me to laugh at half the time. Yoshioka is for all intents and purposes a great person and doesn't deserve to be stigmatized like she is, and it stands out all the more since it doesn't actually look like anyone but the MC has anything really against her.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Watanabe is actively getting in the way of naturally occurring yuri bc she's classist. This is the greatest parody of Maria-sama yet!

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

Watanabe is actively getting in the way of naturally occurring yuri bc she's classist. This is the greatest parody of Maria-sama yet!

LOL at naturally occuring yuri

joined Sep 11, 2019

Watanabe...
Please...

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I like how oblivious the gyaru is to the otaku's "you're not supposed to BE the lesbian" mindset. She doesn't even actively disagree, she's just not dumb enough to think of that.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Get off Watanabes back, just cause she isn't very bright and fights for her silly dream

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hmm, there wasn't really a yuri cliche this time... unless student council president X gyaru counts?

Doing something "drastic" for anothers sake without telling them could count?

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

I noticed so. Since begining, that is what Watanabe fundamentally acknowledge of what yuri meant for her. And that's what make her turn into Radical Classist Yuri-danshi. LOL.

She should learn more contemporary yuri literatures aka doujins.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

The more misunderstanding, the more story prolonging.
Is that make sense? Iunno but we'll see.

I just hope author has more ways to make a plot other than overexploited that misunderstanding.

This way, climax mostly certain when Watanabe start to liking Yoshioka in yuri way (might be start by next chapter but we'll see). Author could also just keep making a clifhanger about their relationship.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 11:55PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I noticed so. Since begining, that is what Watanabe fundamentally acknowledge of what yuri meant for her. And that's what make her turn into Radical Classist Yuri-danshi. LOL.

She should learn more contemporary yuri literatures aka doujins.

Right! And it's totally fine that she likes a certain specific scenario and tropes and whatnot, but her schoolmates fundamentally are different than shipping fictional characters. Watanabe just needs to learn that 1) she cannot control how other people feel about one another and 2) it's okay for other people to like people who ypu don't think 'suits their image.'

She's (Watanabe) adorable and just wants everyone to be in compatible relationships, but her fatal flaw is wanting to make them happy in a way that makes her happy first rather than accepting that real life doesn't need to reflect her desires.

It also would be nice if she stopped judging Yoshioka's looks and behavior as inherently bad and needing to be reigned in, but hopefully that'll come.

joined Feb 21, 2021

i like watanabe and ririka...im not going to overanalyze and tend to hate on characters just because i cant comprehend with their actions.....gurl is an otaku...and being an otaku can drive you to obsession...of course she wants her paradise to be perfect and shes blindsided by that...and the reason Ririka came to her life is to open her eyes to a new meaning of Yuri like it shouldnt be just the custom made of being a perfect pair....

Im still Gyaru x plain and they can continue their dynamic as it progress to a lovely Yuri...

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

a lot of people sure are wondering why watanabe has to be like this when thats literally the premise of the whole manga

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

sheesh gyaru san has progressed so far to the point of "I want to be with watanabe", watanabe on the other hand...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

a lot of people sure are wondering why watanabe has to be like this when thats literally the premise of the whole manga

A series in my opinion shouldn't limit it's self to just it's premise, but aspire to grow beyond it and into something greater. If it simply sticks to the premise then it limits it's self on where it can go, and it can become stagnant.

Sometimes it's fine for an author to stick to their premise, but I genuinely think this should branch out more and go past it.

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 5:39AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Yoshioka has finally accepted her feelings! Good for her. i wonder how long it’ll take her to corrupt Watanabe’s non-interference worldview? Hopefully at least another volume or two.

To reply you must either login or sign up.