Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Drag queens really are the saviors of this world!!

What?/?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

She got a fever from being hugged? These manga colds are getting too powerful

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Do you have a moment to talk about our lords and saviors, the drag queens?

shout out to them

joined Jul 6, 2020

In my opinion, and I believe that of most of the forum, the word is a-ok.
But dem moderators might have a problem with it on account of it not being pc enough. It's difficult these days to keep tag of what's correct and what's not, it's like every day the censors find some new term to condemn.

What slurs aren't you allowed to say anymore? :(

last edited at Feb 1, 2022 6:32PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

There's only one thing you need to understand about boku. Don't watch the anime

Unrelated but I lost my virginity while watching that anime, and this is 100% not a joke.

What anime are we talking about? I searched and found a dozen with boku in their names.

It's an old meme.

old by internet standards, anyways.

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

Before I submit the TL of chapter 17.5 to the TSer, I wanted to ask something regarding LGBTQ terminology. is "drag queen" an appropriate translation of オネエ in the context of p2? I'm aware it's a tough word to translate into something inoffensive.

Drag queen is perfectly fine in my book. Just don't use it for trans women, and you're good.

EDIT: If a trans woman says it's fine to use drag queen for her, then it's fine for her.

last edited at Dec 9, 2022 7:07PM

joined Aug 1, 2019

Before I submit the TL of chapter 17.5 to the TSer, I wanted to ask something regarding LGBTQ terminology. is "drag queen" an appropriate translation of オネエ in the context of p2? I'm aware it's a tough word to translate into something inoffensive.

In my opinion, and I believe that of most of the forum, the word is a-ok.
But dem moderators might have a problem with it on account of it not being pc enough. It's difficult these days to keep tag of what's correct and what's not, it's like every day the censors find some new term to condemn.

Being respectful and careful about terminology, especially on a website largely dedicated to media depicting homosexual relationships and with a not insignificant (if not majority, I don't know the demographics) number of LGBTQ+ readers, hardly seems like a stretch to me.

Apparently the dynasty team ran a survey a few years back. The results showed a roughly 1:1 ratio between men & women on the site, among those identifying as men over 80% identified as heterosexual while among those identifying as women roughly 90% adopted a non-heterosexual identity.

The stats have probably changed since then but I'd argue it's an approximately 50/50 split between heterosexual & non-heterosexual people. Honestly though it's probably beyond due for another survey.

I like data, it's fun.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I think it's more because of the energy overload from hugging her crush... or something.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Remember, kids: Always hug responsibly.

joined Mar 15, 2019

I think it's more because of the energy overload from hugging her crush... or something.

Yeah, yeah. Agreed

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Is it just me or these two somehow have the save vibe as Kanata and Coco?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Is it just me or these two somehow have the save vibe as Kanata and Coco?

might be in part because the author seems to be a big fan of KanaCoco, judging from the fanart they've done.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This is adorable

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Japanese can live off a single piece of toast consumed while running to school, but they get fevers, colds and nosebleeds near-constantly.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

The gay panic is strong in this one

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

remember folks, always hug gently. frens hurt is bad

joined Jun 25, 2021

that was a nice hug

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

oh gawd she's right her friend is so cute. little gremling. loef her.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

There's only one thing you need to understand about boku. Don't watch the anime

Unrelated but I lost my virginity while watching that anime, and this is 100% not a joke.

Weirdest way to lose your virginity, trust me.

HOW can you say this and there's not a story afterwards?? I will be spinning my wheels on this until the day I die.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

JUST TELL HER AND FUCK. Youth is gone before you know it ;_;

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I wonder if miss mangaka will ever see that her friend is literally Doujima Taiga without ears and a different hair color. Like, they look exactly the same.

joined Oct 22, 2020

This needs to start going somewhere before either of them explodes from cuteness overload xD

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the employee at the restaurant they keep going to really is just standing there like "these bitches gay"

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I wonder if miss mangaka will ever see that her friend is literally Doujima Taiga without ears and a different hair color. Like, they look exactly the same.

One would assume that, in the perspective of the characters at least, the Vtubers are distinguishedly 2D.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Weirdly enough my favorite character is employee chan, wish we'll see more of her

To reply you must either login or sign up.