Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

This chapter has pretty much confirmed my theory that whenever Elsa asks Yvonne for more "bullying", she actually demands her attention and puts it in the terms that the tsuntsun blockhead can interpret correctly.

This recontextualizes their whole relationship. From Elsa’s perspective, they’re already dating. Evie’s never confessed or even admitted her real feelings, but her care & affection is clear. So of course Elsa responds in kind.

joined Aug 21, 2021

Ngl, at first I was thinking that this is some cheap copy of IFTV. But man, was I so wrong. Its got its own charm and I'm really loving it. Cute Evie and Elsa moments ftw.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"Effective bullying"

Yvonne: does everything to help Elsa
Also Yvonne: I Am Bullying You

Elsa: I Am Confusion o.O

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yvonne: does everything to help Elsa
Also Yvonne: I Am Bullying You

Elsa: I Am Confusion o.O

Elsa:

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i guess bullying is doing a good thing in her head XD

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Now we get Elsa's perspective, turn out she's the more reasonable and levelheaded out of the two. She has been just playing along with Evie's 'bullying' pretense.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 2:52AM

joined Dec 17, 2021

A little bit dissapointed she just wasn't a masochist wanting to be bullied (still may turn out to be the case. Fingers crossed) but I liked seeing how Elsa started to fall for Evie.

Also I misread "titleless" as "titless" and I was wondering what Elsa's breasts had to do with anything for a few minutes. The theory I had was that "titless" is some obscure idiom about lacking drive which is akin to one lacking... tits.

joined Apr 6, 2018

ahh so it was Yvonne who awakened Dorothy hahaha

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

A little bit dissapointed she just wasn't a masochist wanting to be bullied

She isnt moe from real her lol.
But man I can see why Elsa wants to be bullied, basically getting the attention of a cute tsun tsun waifu

joined Jun 5, 2018

I'm sure it'd be a lot worse 'back in the days', being called peasant scum, but I really can't take any of their verbal bullying seriously. Imagine someone calling you nowadays peasant scum XD Well, tells you a lot about todays social structure.

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

I liked that the autor is showing how elsa fell for yvonne and not because..”yes”

joined Jan 11, 2014

Love these two. I'm actually glad Dorothy isn't a masochist cause it makes her and Yvonne's interactions a lot more genuine and meaningful emotionally than just it being a thing of sexual satisfaction from Dorothy. Hopefully there's more to the backstory section and we get to see Dorothy realizing there's something else (the system) motivating Yvonne to bully her, since it was hinted early one Dorothy might be aware of a system or influence.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

mha hart

mah sole

joined Oct 22, 2021

I'm sure it'd be a lot worse 'back in the days', being called peasant scum, but I really can't take any of their verbal bullying seriously. Imagine someone calling you nowadays peasant scum XD Well, tells you a lot about todays social structure.

language, and slurs especially, evolve. English is not my native language, but I suspect a modern rquivalent would be, in case of white people "white trash" or "trailer trash" when talking about poor person. I think I've heard "project kid" or something before?

Also, context matters. Being the only X feels far worse then being one of many Xes

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Also I misread "titleless" as "titless" and I was wondering what Elsa's breasts had to do with anything for a few minutes. The theory I had was that "titless" is some obscure idiom about lacking drive which is akin to one lacking... tits.

That reminds me of how weirded out I got by a brand of golf balls. They're called "Titleist" and I looked at that and it really took me a while to figure out that they meant it to be "Title-ist" and not "Tit-leist".

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The power dynamics of this couple are fascinating. Yvonne obviously has the social power (in the flashbacks), but also a lot of referent power over Elsa, who imagines herself, in her own fantasies, as a maid, not an equal partner to her. On the other hand, Elsa is still the otoge heroine of the story and so holds enormous charismatic power (even if she's mostly unaware of it), which she can easily deploy to drag Yvonne along with her whims (cf. chapter 6).

joined Jun 5, 2018

language, and slurs especially, evolve. English is not my native language, but I suspect a modern rquivalent would be, in case of white people "white trash" or "trailer trash" when talking about poor person. I think I've heard "project kid" or something before?

Also, context matters. Being the only X feels far worse then being one of many Xes

I never tried to convice anyone otherwise. In german, we would say (that is, of course without trying to stirr up any social conflict here and in disregard of whether or not the meaning are congruent, or only similiar in context) "Du Hartzer" as in, someone who relies on Hartz IV, a social safe net. Im sure a lot of people, especially those, who are in fact relying on this, wouldnt take too kindly to that insult.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

This has surprisingly become the series I look forward to the most (including the light novel version). And - as I said before - I don't even usually like isekai.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yvonne: Give me your tattered books and I want you to keep your possessions in my space
Elsa: Why
Yvonne: I’m bullying you
Also Yvonne: Shares her own intact book with Elsa and gets close to her physically
Elsa: (Gay Confusion)

Tbf, if her book was that tattered Yvonne was really doing her a favor of sharing the book, it would be hard to read her own with all the tears and it pieced together like that

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 6:12AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Titless...something Evie certainly can't be accused of being.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

not one but TWO chapters of wholesome bullying from Elsa's perspective, I love it.

joined Mar 5, 2016

"i want my job to be smelling her hair" is new heights of thirst

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'll just go ahead and quote myself again:

"Bullying", sure...

To reply you must either login or sign up.