Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That page of Yanyan and Khara attacking the dead ghost was BAD ASS

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Oh shit

joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m sorry, but Ichika saying she wants to love Aria for a thousand years is such a 15 year old thing to say. She really is quite casual with all these promises.

She’s such a dumbass tho that that seriousness and casualness is believable

joined Nov 22, 2019

Arguably Aria is wont to act like a kid because that's what she physically still is - she never went through all the neurological changes that happen at the end of normally living peoples' growth phase, and that physiological immaturity can overwhelm her experience. Plus her status as de facto royalty equivalent is such she can get away with it among her, ahem, vampeerz.

So by that measure if Ichika gets turned now she'll similarly be eternally stuck with the wiring of a young teen with all that entails. A horny young teen at that... so you'll probably end up with Sakuya 2.0.

Absolutely. This however leads to this question..what kind of mental state Gika has since she really is just a kid. Plus she is the progeny of Aria. And like Aria, was born around or before 1690.

Way, waaaay before 1690. Aria mentioned Ibbi-Sin being captured by the Elamites. That happened in like, 1940 BCE, or 4081 years ago, so she is at least that old.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Also in case it wasn't obvious, Ibbi kinda sounds like ebi which means shrimp/prawn.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...Wait, I thought virgins were immune to Lilu hypnosis?

What the hell has Maho been up to with her boyfriend...?

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

She got bitten O O

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

I guess I did an OK job just to make spoilers, so my Japanese classes decade ago is still somewhat handy. I guess I did get the major points pointed out.
OK, Ichika's problem asides.....
As long as we have Shadi (and Khara) every issue, even if we have major or even tragic ending, I will still buy when the zine comes out right at midnight.

One thing I have learned so far. Sure the guy spent his day job drawing Loli (and VERY GOOD at it), does not mean he does not want to come up from the basement to try a more "general" wise genre. He got a false start in Prism (actually that is my favorite of his, including the more major Loli which I half hearted read just to see what sort of artist he is).
Neverestimate the knowledge he has for his (at least Yuri). He definitely knows what he is doing. I think most people will be stuck with Eromanga after the tracing that he did. But Tsubomi is really a Yuri anthology, so there is a limited readership. Sunday GX on the other hand, is a major publication. You can find all sort of manga being drawn there. Also, you can tell whether the magazine is popular or not simply by looking at their prizes, such as newcomer award. Plenty of money. $20,000 for a first prize.Special prize $10,000. Even being picked for a console prize for $5000.
So yes, despite still mainly a Eromanga artist, Vampeerz, as opposed to be published in other Yuri magazines, got picked up by a major magazine which Blue Lagoon has been there for 20 years and still counting...

YESSSSSSIIIIIIIRRRRR

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, looks like no new friend from the cave.

Way, waaaay before 1690. Aria mentioned Ibbi-Sin being captured by the Elamites. That happened in like, 1940 BCE, or 4081 years ago, so she is at least that old.

It's 3961. Math is hard.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 5:40AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So basically the exact same reason they don't want to make the protagonist of Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san a vampire.

Who had the brilliant idea of introducing this "failure" concept to vampire stories? It's weird it already happened twice in yuri.

I have seen that concept in a decent chunk of vampire stories outside of yuri as well. It actually makes sense as a story device. Vampires are immortal, vastly physically superior to humans, and usually possessing psychic and/or magical powers on top of that. Without some sort of limiting factor, they would rapidly become the dominant species on the planet. Like, if Gika had an option to create what would essentially be an unstoppable army, do you think she would not go for it in a heartbeat?

Basically, if you have a story where vampires are a small group living in hiding, you need a way to explain such a state of existence. Otherwise, if nothing is preventing them to just raise a few million vampire soldiers and conquer the world for themselves, you are left pondering why have they not done so already, especially since vampires in general tend to feature ambitious and power-hungry individuals.

However, with this and similar limitations placed upon them, their existence in the shadows, always hiding, makes perfect sense. They are incredibly powerful but also incredibly rare, and humans could easily wipe them out or supress them in other ways through sheer numbers.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 5:53AM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Now that's a naughty detail.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I have seen that concept in a decent chunk of vampire stories outside of yuri as well. It actually makes sense as a story device.

What's funny about this is that while it's a common vampire trope I've literally yet to see it. The classic route is forcing the human into a situation where they are mortally wounded or otherwise have no choice; thus the gamble becomes acceptable. And so far I've only ever seen it go right - which of course makes sense, but also means there's no real tension or feeling of jeopardy to this sorta thing.

It'd imo be more interesting if the downsides were something less "it goes perfectly right, or it goes perfectly wrong". That'd give the author actual scope to make something bad happen without it being a complete "now everything's fucked" story.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pyoro posted:

I have seen that concept in a decent chunk of vampire stories outside of yuri as well. It actually makes sense as a story device.

What's funny about this is that while it's a common vampire trope I've literally yet to see it.

Yofukashi no Uta

There are failed vampires.

joined Jun 25, 2021

NOOo aaaaaaa I can't wait another month for another release

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Reference about Sumer ? Yes !
Now I'm happy.

Erika_senoo
joined Sep 13, 2017

Vampeerz is so good. I got emotional with Ichika grandma story and I just want to see Ichika have a happy end and do what Chiyo could not do.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"Failure" is so rude. Nowadays we call them "Differently Vampirized".

joined Nov 15, 2017

In one of Bram Stokers' short stories, I believe, there is a failed vampire. Hypoxia or some sort of deprivation at death/transformation, then being buried for a long time produced something more like an animalistic vampire.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Well, looks like no new friend from the cave.

Yes, I know about Aria's age. Although I would say she is more likely be 13 than 15. She clearly has a kid's body (OMG, Shou actually drew a normal girl for once), unlike Ichika. But neither of them knew anything beyond kissing. Consider they almost always sleep together, and nothing sexual happens. The earlier Ichika turned, the better.
Gika cannot be made by Aria after 1690, this is because of the purge around that year (as Jirou said) Aria started a purge in around turn of the century (around 1690 estimate).eliminated any old lilu who knew about what exactly happened. Gika cannot possibly older than Aria. Any surviving Lilu who is older than being born before around 1690 never knew what exactly happened. I wonder if that means all the English vampires at the time were completely eliminated.
That is the side of Aria (Queen) that occasionally showed up. 14 years old, but has a 4000 year old experience, hence she knew what to do.
Think of Aria like an old computer, with constant upgrade for its hard drive. The chip is set and cannot be replaced, so do memory card. The end result is an inferior computer wth a large hard drive, which will take quite a bit of time for the computer to process.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Think of Aria like an old computer, with constant upgrade for its hard drive. The chip is set and cannot be replaced, so do memory card. The end result is an inferior computer wth a large hard drive, which will take quite a bit of time for the computer to process.

I'm really not sure what this metaphor is trying to say given there doesn't seem to be any indication whatsoever the figurative technology has improved either...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Now that's a naughty detail.

which leads to: Ichika will be immune from hypnosis, since she will never let Aria leave her and Aria pretty much the same, after confession. How can Ichika not being a virgin as the occulist said she could easily be raped but it would be a total waste of losing a sacred sword wielder, someone who is extremely rare. If she only understands kissing, and no sign of awareness about what else she can do, plus the defination of being a virgin as a lesbian is something that each individual has a specific definiation, with nothing being cast in stones.

The definition for heterosexuals are so much clearer.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving thanks for the hard work cleaners.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Kinda makes me wonder if Ichika's sexual urges will rocket towards outer space if she successfully gets turned into a mentally stable vampire. That's gonna be scary and hawt at the same time.

last edited at Nov 27, 2021 2:28AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

they're still 14 right?(same age as me lol)

....i guess they can't hold themself back...

last edited at Nov 27, 2021 4:53AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

they're still 14 right?(same age as me lol)

....i guess they can't hold themself back...

You know, with this author 14is already old enough for that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.