Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't really take anything in this series as a definitive sign of an end since there has never really been a goal for the series to reach. There's not big confession to work towards, no need to define their relationship - we have been told as much by the characters themselves. It's just following their lives wherever they might lead them, from meeting in high school to college, to their working lives after this.

joined May 24, 2014

Off to becoming wage slaves! Yay!

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

There's something oddly surreal about how I started reading this in highschool back when they were highschoolers and now I'm a full time worker post-college and seeing them graduate from college. I felt time moved fast in thisd manga, but really time moved fast around me too.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

GOD SHE REJECTS THEM FOR HER
AND NOW THEY'LL BE ADULT ROOMATES
FIRST NIGHT WHEN

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Enjoyable as always

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Can’t believe Kasumi and Sakurako graduated before I did

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Crazy how I graduated the same year as them and I've been reading them since I graduated high school lol

joined Mar 20, 2012

There's something oddly surreal about how I started reading this in highschool back when they were highschoolers and now I'm a full time worker post-college and seeing them graduate from college. I felt time moved fast in thisd manga, but really time moved fast around me too.

I can say the same. This and virgins empire are the two mangas that I have been following since high school. In part I feel they grew up with me.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Sakurako just didn't have enough confidence in herself.
At that point in the story they have been sleeping together for a long time but they still are kids in school -- and you know how graduation is the time when you turn into an adult and are expected to change your life: stop playing around, accept grown-up responsibilities, ditch your school lesbian sweetheart, find a man, marry him, have his babies, etc. etc.

It's not at all unreasonable for Sakurako to think that an amazing beauty like Kasumi isn't exactly serious about her, and would rather be just friends from then on and go find herself a millionaire husband in the future.

Sakurako's lines at the end can be read as: "Hey, you really mean what you said? You don't want to be the trophy wife of a wealthy sports star or something? You chose me instead? Like, for realsies? I'm not dreaming?"

Heck, you've seen how, years later, she still has trouble believing the Kasumi at her side is real...

Haha, that was graduation from high school, she was young and insecure... but this time it's college graduation and she's got her act together! Even though some cool dudes hit on Kasumi, she didn't bat an eyelid! She knows Kasumi is her sweetheart, hers alone.

joined Dec 13, 2018

It may be me not reading attentively enough, but I'm yet to actually see the yapping crowd comment on this chapter. I see us commenting what we assume they'd comment, but that's pretty much it.

I kinda lowkey want Sakurako NTR arc just because people's reactions would be completely hilarious, even though it would make no narrative sense whatsoever

joined Dec 13, 2018

Except it does, but you conveniently ignored it every time it was brought up to you. You keep coming to this thread saying the same things and when people give you proofs you're wrong, you either ignore it or disappear and then are surprised that people recognize you in different threads, when you did this shit already on like 3 separate occasions.

No, it doesnt. After all these years there hasn't been one single romantic kiss between the two main characters. Literally zero. They had "candy sharing" very early and a cheek kiss. Are those low bars your standard for a romantic kiss?

Look, did either of them say "no homo?" They didn't, therefore it's totally gay.

joined Jul 23, 2019

I kinda lowkey want Sakurako NTR arc just because people's reactions would be completely hilarious, even though it would make no narrative sense whatsoever

I see you have reached the stage where you enjoy the hysterical reactions of angry moral censors almost as much as the actual manga.

That's pretty high level. Kinda like a master degree in forum appreciation. Kudos!

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 11:14PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Doesn't this manga actually progress according to real life seasons and time? I have the exact same experience, and it's pretty nostalgic to think back to it. We grew up with them, so it's a little bittersweet to watch them grow up and continue through their life together, meeting new people, seeing others less, etc.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Apparently this series started being uploaded here while I was in 8th grade, and I started reading it some 4 years later, sometime during my 3rd year of high school, and now, 3 years later than that, I'm in 2nd year of uni. So for me, they actually grew faster than me, especially in the beginning. That's kinda what happens when you get into a series relatively late and during a period where the scanlators are rushing to catch up with the raw release too.

joined Jun 21, 2021

College graduation oh my, and Kasumi saying someone else is waiting for her I see you girl.

Man what can I really say about this series that hasn’t already been said. I only got into it fairly recently(early 2020 lockdown) but even binging a good chunk of the series, how it handles mother time is both refreshing and somewhat bitter sweet. It’s a nice change of pace to actually let significant time pass in a series, and getting to go on a much broader life journey with these characters is great, and seeing them take life in stride and succeed is so inspiring(I wish I accomplished half of what they have in this amount of time) but it’s also a bittersweet reminder that time just goes by so fast lol. Anyone on the younger side who reads this, enjoying the now, because one day you’ll blink and be old and wished you made better memories.

I can somewhat understand people’s frustrations with Kasumi and Sakurako not taking things to another level or whatever, but at the same time it’s been pretty clear for a while that was never gonna happen. It’s so unique to see two people just able to vibe with each other and not care about labels or anything beyond that. They’ve basically been experiencing the end goals of a more traditional relationship for years now, so I’d imagine that also makes superficial stuff like labels pretty irrelevant in their world.

But at the same time, the supporting cast and how they’ve developed is so nice to see happen that it would be great to also see play out for our two leads, even though it’s not needed.

Although I do find the idea they’ve probably never had sex in this 8 years or so pretty wild lol. Not that it’s the end goal or particularly weird as a concept, but neither one of them come off as actually being asexual. But even if it was confirmed they have done that or even out right shown it wouldn’t really change much in terms of actual writing, it would feel more like something for the readers.

Very wholesome series, excited to see their next home and how they adjust to the next chapter of their lives.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Huh. On Dynasty at least, Chapter 1 came out May 2015, and Japanese school year starts in April, plus translation time. Latest chapters hit in October 2021... which seems an odd time for graduation. 6-6.5 real years. High school is 3 years... college college would be 4 years, but wiki says professional school is 2-3 years, and I'm not sure what the girls were doing. So yeah, could be real-time-ish.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So we get to follow them on to their working lives as a couple that doesn't say they're a couple but everyone thinks they are...

joined Sep 5, 2018

Huh. On Dynasty at least, Chapter 1 came out May 2015, and Japanese school year starts in April, plus translation time. Latest chapters hit in October 2021... which seems an odd time for graduation. 6-6.5 real years. High school is 3 years... college college would be 4 years, but wiki says professional school is 2-3 years, and I'm not sure what the girls were doing. So yeah, could be real-time-ish.

The volume 1 imprint says publication started in September 2014. In 2017 they graduated from high school after three years and in 2021 they graduated college after four years. Looks like it’s pretty much exactly real time, though maybe offset about half a year.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

First night when
Imagine all of the steamy passionate things they can get up to in their own little private space alone
Probably gonna have to wait several more years for that to happen though

joined Jan 14, 2020

Intimate things like watching each other on the toilet

joined Jan 22, 2015

My sister has a small hydroponic system in her apartment. She also grows lettuce in it...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

and here we go the next chapter of their life together. It's amazing really because most of these kinds of stories stop with high school but at this rate we're going to see these two together for the entire rest of their lives haha

joined Jan 6, 2017

and here we go the next chapter of their life together. It's amazing really because most of these kinds of stories stop with high school but at this rate we're going to see these two together for the entire rest of their lives haha

Can't wait for the marriage arc if Japan legalises it before the series ends.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Yeah, that's normal.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeah, that's normal.

Honestly, couple goals

To reply you must either login or sign up.