joined Jul 6, 2020

Himari: “???? But I don’t know how to be a manager….”

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

ok guys,we need to Win this!!

WE MUST WIN THIS

joined Mar 26, 2021

Idk why everyone is simping Mc so much, to me she just kind of annoying character. Beside I feel like she become their manager either way if they win or not.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

So much for the make-up plan.

joined Jun 30, 2016

This girl with her secrets and acting that way its really getting on my nerves.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Idk why everyone is simping Mc so much, to me she just kind of annoying character. Beside I feel like she become their manager either way if they win or not.

Shiho's condition is that Himari has to become her band's manager, not of Aki's. I wouldn't have expected that to happen otherwise.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, I don't see the loyal puppy ever cheating, so this is a pure win-win situation.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

This girl with her secrets and acting that way its really getting on my nerves.

Agreed. There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure I'll feel something when she finally gives her reason, but right now it really is just her getting mad, throwing a tantrum, and causing problems all on her own.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I see no reason to give her a sob story to excuse her current personality, this felt in line with how she's been presented so far. It's not like she's in the right, I don't see this ending with her winning since, you know, one of the main protagonists is on the opposite team. She's going to have to finally learn it's okay not to be the number one.

Is that blonde violin girl new? I'm having an increasingly harder time distinguishing between characters in this...

She's Aki, Yori's bandmate. The little sister she mentions in the flashback is Miki, Himari's childhood friend. Maybe you should give a quick skim to previous chapters as a refresher.

The girl in the flashback is named Kyou not Aki

I mean given this chapter, it would add up that Aki is Kyou. Maybe she changed her childhood name when talking to Hina to not dox her.

So I'm probably way wrong, but I'm thinking Aki gave up violin initially to learn guitar because Shiho was playing guitar. Shiho joined Aki's band because she's in love with Aki. But then Aki fell in love with Asanagi and stopped trying, and so Shiho got pissed and left. But now Asanagi isn't even dating her, and she left Shiho for her, so she super pissed.

Or maybe Asanagi is Kyou and dyed her hair in high school.

... I need to eat this is too hard to think about on an empty stomach.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really like shiho and I’d love more of her in the series. I’m just guessing, but I feel like she’s hurt and generally has low self esteem. She genuinely loved being in ss and probably has feelings for aki. Aki is the one who showed her what it means to play music as a group. Aki then fell in love with yori and that must’ve hurt shiho, causing her to quit the band. Having the person you love quite literally replace you in the band with the person they love must’ve hurt more. The cherry on top is shiho becoming friends with hima then learning she’s also connected to yori. In this chapter, she even mentions how yori is the one who takes everything away from her. While of course that’s not true, I can see why she thinks that way. It might be petty, but attempting to “take back” hima is her of coping with the situation. Of course all of this would be resolved if shiho simply told aki how she feels, but then we wouldn’t have useless drama as a means of furthering the plot

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 3:36PM

joined Apr 6, 2021

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Bit of a writing lesson here, but bear with me: To make an effective antagonist in any story there must be stakes, tension and resolution. Shiho takes Hima from Yori and makes her their new manager if they win, raising the stakes. Shiho’s band is objectively the better band and is more likely to win, aka tension. Finally we will need resolution to her character, which is the downfall. Shiho must fail, and lose something significant. It is the only way an antagonist can have a satisfying conclusion, otherwise the reader is left thinking “that it?” or “what was the point of that?” That’s why Shiho must not get her way.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Bit of a writing lesson here, but bear with me: To make an effective antagonist in any story there must be stakes, tension and resolution. Shiho takes Hima from Yori and makes her their new manager if they win, raising the stakes. Shiho’s band is objectively the better band and is more likely to win, aka tension. Finally we will need resolution to her character, which is the downfall. Shiho must fail, and lose something significant. It is the only way an antagonist can have a satisfying conclusion, otherwise the reader is left thinking “that it?” or “what was the point of that?” That’s why Shiho must not get her way.

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Shiho is a cup of strawberry flavored toxins poured into a dainty wine glass. Seriously.

At this point there's precious little foundation to like her, but going as far as to "claim" Miss Puppy (Hima) as her prize is going too far. The writer has no choice but to make Shiho fail or else they risk bombing the entire plot and ruining the setup they've established up to this point.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

joined Jan 6, 2017

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

That part I definitely agree on. Personally I want to see her world view break causing her to re-evaluate herself. Which then could lead to her apologising to everyone for how she behaved and explaining the full reasons to everyone.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

What is the implication on Page 19? "That would mean..." That would mean what? That Shiho realizing Aki has already given up on dating Yori? She knows Aki has not made a move, would the realization that Aki has officially given up really make a difference here? Does she still have strong feelings for Aki and therefore upset that Yori has hurt Aki?

Also I'm thrilled Shiho is now trying to take Himari away and that chapter cover is so good, we just need to have that move onto the next stage of Shiho being romantically interested in Himari.............

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I think it's safe to say that Shiho has some severe control issues...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I really don't get the point of having a rapprochement, or really any kind of engagement at all, with that person. Any time anyone tries to be nice, she just uses it as an opportunity to mess with them, so fine. Let her work out her own demons.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

What is the implication on Page 19? "That would mean..." That would mean what? That Shiho realizing Aki has already given up on dating Yori? She knows Aki has not made a move, would the realization that Aki has officially given up really make a difference here? Does she still have strong feelings for Aki and therefore upset that Yori has hurt Aki?

I assume so, I think she considers Yori the one who's taken everyone away and her bet involving Himari is her way of taking someone away from Yori.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness? And then your alternative also tainted by others bitterness towards you? It's so freaking hard to recover from something like that. She's fighting to be good at band despite all that. I think it's admirable.

She said her life is meaningless without music, but what can she do music-wise that isn't a devastating reminder of her lack of ability? Guitar. But then that was screwed up too. It's not like Aki's handling it any better. Should Aki end up alone?

Yes people who act like this end up alone in reality. Toxic right? Just leave all the toxic people to die metaphorically. But leave toxic people alone, and you get people who treat each other in all the awful ways in this world.

But even if one person doesn't give up on them, they can find a way to push through. Sure they're not immediately non-toxic, but maybe with time they can find something they're passionate about again and gain love and confidence in themselves again. It's how life is for me right now anyway.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This drama seems just so forced to me also like how would Himari handle being a manager in the first place?
She like knows nothing about music, what a shitty idea.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness?

Wait a second. What she loves wasn't tainted by bitterness. It was tainted by Shiho being a sore loser. She only has herself to blame, and it's natural that most readers won't like her. Why would they? No one likes a sore loser.

And that's the problem with this arc. Everything revolves around Shiho but the story hasn't done anything to make us care about her or sympathize with her. She's just a sore loser. Whether she wins or loses, whether she gets better or stays a bitch, this arc feels like a waste of time all the same because Shiho is an unsympathetic asshole either way.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:38PM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness? And then your alternative also tainted by others bitterness towards you? It's so freaking hard to recover from something like that. She's fighting to be good at band despite all that. I think it's admirable.

She said her life is meaningless without music, but what can she do music-wise that isn't a devastating reminder of her lack of ability? Guitar. But then that was screwed up too. It's not like Aki's handling it any better. Should Aki end up alone?

Yes people who act like this end up alone in reality. Toxic right? Just leave all the toxic people to die metaphorically. But leave toxic people alone, and you get people who treat each other in all the awful ways in this world.

But even if one person doesn't give up on them, they can find a way to push through. Sure they're not immediately non-toxic, but maybe with time they can find something they're passionate about again and gain love and confidence in themselves again. It's how life is for me right now anyway.

I share your sentiment and I’ve gotten used to see this treatment at this point, almost anytime someone with a similar character to Shiho exists in a story they’re pretty much hated. It’s pretty unfair considering often times these characters are still young and are going through the right time and phases in their lives where they need to make these kinds of mistakes to grow. Yes Shiho is flawed and immature, but that’s at the point of growing up, to learn how to change that which will take trial and error with lots of fuckups.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

A character being flawed isn't a bad thing. But there's gotta be a balance to it. They gotta be flawed but also have some good qualities to them to make them sympathetic. If the character is just an asshole all around, the readers aren't gonna care about them.

Shiho isn't just flawed. She's an unsympathetic asshole, and that's a problem with the writing. It makes her very hard to give a damn about her.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:55PM

joined Aug 23, 2021

I see no reason to give her a sob story to excuse her current personality, this felt in line with how she's been presented so far. It's not like she's in the right, I don't see this ending with her winning since, you know, one of the main protagonists is on the opposite team. She's going to have to finally learn it's okay not to be the number one.

Is that blonde violin girl new? I'm having an increasingly harder time distinguishing between characters in this...

She's Aki, Yori's bandmate. The little sister she mentions in the flashback is Miki, Himari's childhood friend. Maybe you should give a quick skim to previous chapters as a refresher.

The girl in the flashback is named Kyou not Aki

I mean given this chapter, it would add up that Aki is Kyou. Maybe she changed her childhood name when talking to Hina to not dox her.

So I'm probably way wrong, but I'm thinking Aki gave up violin initially to learn guitar because Shiho was playing guitar. Shiho joined Aki's band because she's in love with Aki. But then Aki fell in love with Asanagi and stopped trying, and so Shiho got pissed and left. But now Asanagi isn't even dating her, and she left Shiho for her, so she super pissed.

Or maybe Asanagi is Kyou and dyed her hair in high school.

... I need to eat this is too hard to think about on an empty stomach.

It's kinda impossible for Kyou to be Aki. For one, Aki has a mole under her eye and Kyou doesn't, but even the argument of Kyou's little sister being Miki is just straight up wrong. Why? Because Kyou is 1 year Shiho's senior, and she mentions her little sister being Shiho's age/grade. That means she can't be Miki cause Miki is a First Year, but Kyou's sister would be a Third Year like Yori, Aki, and Shiho, and Aki can't be Kyou either cause Kyou would be in college by now.

I'm predicting we will see Kyou again though, most likely at the end/resolution to Shiho's arc where she contacts Kyou, apologizes, and reconciles with her. Maybe she'll be at the cultural festival cause she heard Shiho was there idk. Time will tell.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 9:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.