Forum › Posts by Cornfield

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I think I heard somewhere in a pre release interview that the show isn't meant to be a yuri show

At least provide a link if you're gonna claim that

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015
_7albi-1493245741241815043-img2

The Cleanrot Knight Finlay spirit ashes description states she carried Malenia back to Haligtree all by herself after the battle in Caelid.

That’s yuri fuel right there, though there’s no canon appearance for Finlay since she’s under a helmet.

Cornfield
Image Comments 24 Oct 00:19
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015
88663627_p2

If this is prequel, what happened to these girls by the time of the main Kakegurui

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I kind hope the author actually subverts expectation and reveal that Shiho didn't leave the band due to any romantic reason involving Aki. Right now that's the assumption everyone has, but something different would be neat.

On a personal level, still holding out for Shiho x Himari...that chapter cover is just too good and adds too much fuel to the fire.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

What is the implication on Page 19? "That would mean..." That would mean what? That Shiho realizing Aki has already given up on dating Yori? She knows Aki has not made a move, would the realization that Aki has officially given up really make a difference here? Does she still have strong feelings for Aki and therefore upset that Yori has hurt Aki?

Also I'm thrilled Shiho is now trying to take Himari away and that chapter cover is so good, we just need to have that move onto the next stage of Shiho being romantically interested in Himari.............

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Yeah the story is interesting but i consider the setup a bit lacking because no way wouldnt she wish for her friend to get her body back and stay with her. Even if they wording was off the goddess should have known what she really meant and gave her that, unless she was cruel.

There was no indication that “Lappi” was originally a regular human that lost her physical body, and it’s not far fetched to think that there may have been taboos around making humans out of anything, even for a goddess.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Not gonna lie, I had a moment of disappointment when Lappi wasn't given a human body after the 10 year timeskip but the actual story proved to be beautiful and amazing nevertheless.

The premise may seem a bit odd at first but it captured all the elements so perfectly. The genuine, pure heart of the "mascot" character, the melancholic mood of the hero's mundane career after the final battle, and their resolve to live happily together despite all the hurdles. All of it done so well.

Also I'm not sure the "Furry" tag is really warranted here...?

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

So, SO good.

I know we've had quite a number of great yuri series over the years. But there is just something about romance payoff in an action series, after so much carnage and sacrifices, that hits differently than a regular school romance.

Also dang, definitely noticing the rough details more than ever before. Please dont let us be near the end already, it really feels like there is so much more that can be explored but the impact of the author's injury is just so noticeable.

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I'm just thrilled that this chapter, despite the heavy exposition, did not look like the beginning of the end.

I hope we get to explore the rest of the True Bloods, how the Pure Bloods will react to all this, and have another 20 volumes of this story

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I would be totally on board with Shiho joining in on the Himaribowl.

The ingredients are all there. In fact, the way Himari got Shiho to be more friendly and honest is totally reminiscent of the classic romance tropes.

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Well, I dont think anyone expected the establishment to be brought down so suddenly. So what's next?

Best case scenario: Noel leaves. Our heroines, including wolf girl, are left to pick up the pieces and go on a few dozen chapters of adventure before confronting Noel and her goons.

Worst case scenario: Massive info dump on all the mysteries we dont know, final fight right there in the church or we get a chapter or two of preparation then final fight.

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I seriously doubt this manga will continue past the end of Arc 1 of the WN. That's basically Rei and Claire's story and the plot of Revolution. So all that stuff in the spoilers earlier is extremely unlikely to be relevant.

Is there a way for you to highlight, without using any real spoilers, on what the rest of the WN is about if the story of Rei, Claire and the plot of the "game" are already resolved by Arc 1?

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Again, didn't read any of the spoilere stuff but rather concerning that someone needs to ask if there's still romance in the future of this story...

last edited at Jan 5, 2021 11:39PM

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Didn't read any of these spoilers but y'all are making me really worried

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I must say though, as villains Claire and her cohorts are about as threatening as Team Rocket (the anime one).

Which also makes the idea that Claire's previous maids have all quit on her seem a bit hard to believe, unless there is more to her character that we havent seen yet

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Extremely happy that we finally got some development.

I confess I was starting to have my doubts about this series but this chapter ended on a very uplifting note.

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Wow, thanks for the amazingly fast release.

Looks like this wolf girl is a pro hunter, but did she know this large scale offense by the vamps was going to happen?

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Seeing them fully in casual outfits was great, and what an answer by Maria, it's so easy to root for her happiness and success, but I do hope Dorothy eventually comes around too and they get together.

I agree with the werewolf theory too. Strong sense of smell and Little Red Riding hood getup and all, ehhh come on.

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 4:35PM

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

We didnt get to see what weapon Miranda uses, right?

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Hold on a second here....if this is 100% Noel in real life (not a dream) then is she just part of their organization? Glasses is practically saluting her here.

last edited at Oct 12, 2020 12:20AM

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I enjoy this series so, SO much

Anyone else love those final two pages as much as I do? It's like the ending to the season 1 of an action packed anime and you get these little reveals and hints for the next arc.

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

This manga is so hammy, I love it. I have never been more delighted to be unsurprised to be surprised. Mentally I just keep saying "Of course!"

Of course Dorothy has a grenade launcher. Of course Maria goes into Dhampir mode and discovers there's another Dhampir. Of course the crazy scientist lady can regenerate, produce tentacles, and has a vest of syringes. And of COURSE Shanon shows up. Of course! Why wouldn't these things happen?

I’m assuming that the other Dhamp was referring to her sister, or at least Maria thought it was referring to her sister

Cornfield
Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

This was actually a surprisingly meaningful side chapter. World building, and some actual relationship development.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Two more chapters have come out but not on Dynasty yet, is it no longer going to be hosted here?

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Part 3 raws are available on E-Henyouknowhat and presumably other places too

With the announcement of a new Kantai Collection anime, I hope interest in the fanbase rises again and a group will pick this back up to finish it