Forum › Posts by The Red Dart

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHA

Fuck this series. The writer’s brain needs to be studied because science can weaponize this level of fucking stupid. A child could write a story with less predictability/cliches. This story is a disgrace

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

My heart wants Aki and Shiho to make up and fall in love because I love happy endings, but my brain says it wouldn't make sense to move this fast because just recently, Shiho was still big mad about her first love not noticing her feelings because she was too busy pawing after another girl.

Happy endings are fine, but does Shiho deserve to be happy after everything she’s done? She’s evil, she’s cruel, she’s a monster! She is the worst person in the story by a mile and her having a happy ending with Aki, ESPECIALLY after how she has treated Aki and the people Aki cares about, she really does not deserve to be happy

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Shiho might be the single most unlikeable and poorly written character in any series on this site. It’s honestly hilarious that the author really wants everyone to sympathize with her and root for her, but she’s just the worst. This chapter was fantastic, only because seeing Shiho in pain makes the time wasted on the last 22 chapters of this series worth it. Shiho has more fucking page time than yori at this point. Shiho doesn’t deserve a happy ending. Aki and Shiho ending up together would ruin whatever quality is left in the story for me and explain why:

Aki blaming herself is just horrible writing, how the actual hell is she in any way responsible for Shiho turning into a monster? She liked someone else. Shiho didn’t say ANYTHING to her, saw she liked Yori, and immediately turned into the worst person ever. If Shiho had actually said something to Aki earlier and they got together then, the entire second half of the series would have never happened. Aki and Shiho getting together in the end literally renders the past 22 chapters of conflict pointless.
(Edit to fix the amount of chapters wasted on Shiho drama)

last edited at Mar 19, 2023 3:49AM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

God I really hope Aki tears Shiho apart next chapter, I don’t want any forgiveness, apologies, crap. I want Aki to tell Shiho she’s a fucking coward who attacks others when things don’t go her way. I don’t want them making up I want Shiho to get the verbal ass whipping that she deserves. And if Shiho tells Aki she loves her, Aki better tell her too little too late or something. If that happens, then MAYBE all the time this story has wasted with the crappy Shiho melodrama might not have been a complete waste of time. But this chapter was great tho

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I’m looking forward to the anime, as long as it ends before Shiho makes an appearance.

The Red Dart
Inko-sensei discussion 14 Nov 05:39
joined Apr 6, 2021

Wait what!? Is tadokoro-san over now or what? I’d rather that series continue than get a spin-off with minimal sakurako. And if the series just ends without proper conclusion, or at the very least a confirmation of whether it’s done or not, I would be VERY disappointed. Either way, can’t argue with an excuse to reread tadokoro-san again.

last edited at Nov 14, 2022 5:50AM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Awe man this was so nice to read! Wish it didn’t have to end!

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Put another way, if Shiho was a guy, then she'd be an incel, a "nice guy", or just a plain bully, and I don't think anyone would want her to have a redemption arc.

Wow this is it exactly. Shiho acts like she was entitled to have Aki love her but when she found out it was the case she lashes out, causing everyone grief. That’s not relatable that’s not admirable, that’s immature and disgusting. 100% if this was real people would never want to be around Shiho. If Shiho was a guy acting like this people would be appalled. People like Shiho do not deserve to be with the person they lust for, their actions should not be rewarded. It’s shocking to me how many people want Shiho to end up with Aki, why does someone who acts like Aki should love her and only her and fuck anyone else who she might be interested in, deserve to be with Aki?

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow. Yet another Shiho backstory chapter that fails to make me sympathize with her in any way. Boo hoo so you got (indirectly) rejected. That is not an excuse to become such an insufferable garbage person. It’s even worse cuz she didn’t even bother trying, she just saw that her crush was into someone else and was like “fuck this shit I can’t stand being around you all, now I’m gonna leave, start my own band and try my best to fuck up the relationship of someone I’ve never even talked to because my crush likes her. And ruin try to ruin her girlfriend’s friendship with my crush and her band too because I want scorched earth.” If that’s not overreacting/overcompensating then idk what it. No one even knows why she took a complete 180 on her personality and wants to ruin everything they like.

And also… WHY IS SHE EVEN STILL ACTING LIKE THIS!? She knows Aki got her heart broken, she knows she’s single, so why does she not even try to ask her out or something??? The entire conflict is happening because she’s too much of a coward to make a move on her couch. Aki is literally on the rebound right now and Shiho is more focused on being a bitch than taking a chance on her. At this point, Shiho DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE WITH AKI. Actions have consequences and Shiho should not be forgiven by anyone in this story, least of all being Aki

Nothing changes, Shiho still sucks all the life out of this series. Idk why I put myself through this every time a new chapter comes out.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 3:23PM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Going off of the comments for awhile now I feel like 1 of maybe...5 people that are still reading this manga and enjoying it haha

Internet comments are never, ever representative of actual reader enjoyment. People who are displeased with something are way more likely to seek someplace to bitch about it. This disproportionately skews online criticism toward the negative. Never use that as a barometer.

In my experience, comments and online reaction is generally accurate and an excellent tell of quality of content. Just as people are excited to talk about how much they hate something, they are equally excited to comment when they particularly enjoy something. Take Star Wars The Rise Of Skywalker vs The Mandalorian. TROS had a greater voice online because it was a movie, but the outpour was mostly negative because of the contrived plot, unlikeable protagonist, and the fact that they pulled the villain out of their ass because they killed their main villain in the last movie. The mandalorian had a nearly equal outpour of positive comments and reviews because of its good story, likeable protagonist and overall quality.

It’s the same with this site, take Liberty for example. Everyone hates that series because the love interest is entirely unlikeable despite the author trying to frame her as a sympathetic character. Meanwhile the good series on this site all have hundreds to thousands of positive comments.

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

There it is, I FUCKING called it like a year ago. Fuck you Shiho, I knew she loved Aki but Aki loved Yor! It changes FUCKING NOTHING. Shiho is still fucking garbage and my disappointment is immeasurable that it was so easy to predict. I swear to god if Shiho and Aki somehow end up together at the end of this frustrating and predictable series, I will be more than disappointed and this series will be cemented as one of the worst ever made. Aside from Liberty

The Red Dart
Liberty discussion 12 Sep 05:23
joined Apr 6, 2021

AGHHHHHHHH JUST LEAVE HER ALONE YOU FUCKING GARBAGE PERSON

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

HOLEY SHIET

I cant wait to watch the prez burn in hell, but god dam this is such a good series. Why’d the author have to make me sympathize with her then take her away all over again!?

last edited at Aug 12, 2022 4:40AM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Holy fuck this story is so fucking rapey. This was not what I expected when chapter 1 came out, this shit is fucked

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Lmao how tf are her parents gonna die from a carriage accident like that!? Like two horses can’t create enough velocity to have a great enough impact for death! And it looked like they collided head on as well so even if they were each going 60km/h each, there would have been more than enough cushioning from the horses colliding with each other to lessen the impact! And the carriage rolled over anyway so the only way they would’ve died is if they got crushed which is unlikely considering they were inside and the carriage is still intact, they somehow got trapped and starved which didn’t happen, or they were flung in such a manner that resulted in breaking their necks or something which is plausible but very unlikely. God damn lazy writing

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 2:14AM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Damn alright Teacher easily comes in and steals the title of Best Girl. Teacher wins or bad end

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

It was perfect. This is the most flawless story on this site. It was beautiful and heartfelt from beginning to end. I’ve been enjoying this series for years now and it’s ending was as absolutely sad and powerful and uplifting and bittersweet as it could be. The details in the final chapter like Heath’s missing arm (which was also the arm her ring was on), the rings on her necklace, Lily still blind in the afterlife we’re all so perfect. It hurt so much that Iris knew she was going to be on her own again, that tear speaks such volumes. After the last chapter I didn’t expect a time slip at all, I thought it would be one last happy moment to wrap up the story, but this last chapter elevates the whole series so much more. I’ve never had a story get me so emotional, I still remember when we first found out that Lily knew Heath was a monster the whole time they had known each other. The dynamic was beautiful, every character was so real. Marie losing her voice to the mermaid and her forgiveness was such a beautiful moment, there is just something about this that elevates the story so much. I have no doubt this is Neji’s magnum opus, their masterpiece. I can’t wait to read what they do next, because this story goes so far beyond what it first set out to do. I will love it until the end of time.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 10:14PM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

WHAT!?!? How tf they gonna end it just like that!? This series was so good! Such a shame:(

joined Apr 6, 2021

The characters in this story are so well written, this series is really on another level when it comes to quality

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I'm so annoyed with this again. Couldn't keep the sarcasm out of my post

Hey, do you want me to spoil you the entire thing so you can be done with it?

Actually, I might as well as just tell you the brief gist of things so you don't waste any more time. Here goes:
After this, there's this overseas student that's a childhood friend of Claire and she can use all 4 elements. She's pretty much there to advance Rei's and Claire relationship to intimate.
After that, Claire goes to Rei's hometown, where she meets Rei's family and some shenanigans happen; Claire learns how the poor are suffering etc.
It turns out Prince Yuu was forced to become a man. So Rei concocts a plan that would turn him back to a woman and live in peace with Misa. The king was impressed by Rei, so he promotes Rei, Claire, and a girl named Lily as his personal investigators.
Their job is to snuff out corrupt nobles, where there's this one guy that's working with the empire, and his daughter is Lily. He inserted an alter ego inside her, and that's the masked figure in this chapter.
Eventually, the king dies, commoners revolt, and the guy with the empire sides with the rebels to bring them under the control of the empire. In the meantime, Claire turns herself in to the rebels out of guilt, and Rei has to rescue her.
Eventually, she does, Lily is back to normal, the guy working with the empire goes to jail, the country is reformed, and Rei and Claire get married and adopt a twin. One of them can use all 4 elements and the other becomes a master swordswoman.

Then there's a sequel, where Rei and Claire go to the empire as transfer students to basically destroy it from within. There's this warmongering empress and they have use her daughter to bring her down.
But it turns out that she was expanding her empire in order to amass a force against the demon queen. The demon queen is the real Rei, where it turns out that Rei and Claire were actually scientists in the past who created a loop system to save the dying population.
In short, the loop system allowed Rei to reincarnate countless times and romance Claire that many number of times, but eventually she got tired of it. Since the only thing she cares about is Claire, she couldn't accept this and decided to destroy the world.
Back in the present day, Rei, Claire, and now the empire all team up to fight this evil Rei, where there's this A.I. that had her administrative power taken by evil Rei and have to get it back.
Once they defeat evil Rei, the A.I. then turns on them and erases Claire from everyone's memory because the admin power was passed off to Claire.
So Rei has to go on a rescue mission for Claire again, and succeeds. Then happy ending.

Okay so I read the first part here and thought “okay that sounds cool, I guess the story is gonna be alright”

Then I read the second part and all I’ve gotta ask is “what kind of crack was the author on when they took things in that direction!? If that spoiler is true, then that sounds like one of the stupidest ways the story could go. I definitely ain’t sticking around to see this story shit itself into oblivion

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 12:46AM

The Red Dart
Liberty discussion 01 Mar 05:15
joined Apr 6, 2021

Holy fuck the story of this is shit. I can’t tell anymore if the author wants us to feel sympathy for Liz or not. Cuz fuck she is the worst. I guess I hope Maki and the other girl get together so I can see a happy ending and Liz has to deal with the consequences of her actions, but I’ve lost faith in the author at this point

joined Apr 6, 2021

Best friends had a top alpha and bottom omega

Couldn’t get into that one, I lost interest when the alpha raped her and then the manga kept trying to convince me that it was the omega’s fault and she was the bad one for trying to leave. And then tried to convince me that the omega being angry at the alpha “irrationally” for putting her in vulnerable positions when she was younger muddied the waters somehow.

That’s my problem with ABO. Sometimes it’s fun. Sometimes it makes it really easy for people to justify r*pe and put systems of oppression in their fic and then cape for them.

Best friends was my first introduction to ABO and after the rape scene, I was completely turned off by the genre, aside from the fact that the whole scenario in general is so fucking weird. Then I looked at the history and some other stories and omegaverse immediately because one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen online. I hate when a new one shows up cause I’ll probably read it out of morbid curiosity because they genuinely make me sick

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 7:25AM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

WOW so Rinna just gets unapologetically friend zoned and ends up alone? WTF AUTHOR!? Weak ass rushed ending, did this series get the axe or something? Feels like the author straight up tried to take back the fact that this series was a competition between Rinna and Sayu at the end and basically retconned that Rinna was in love with the main character because “she gives it her all when it comes to love” and loves everyone. That is such BS. This ending was so damn rushed and unsatisfying and has amazingly gone from one of my favourite recent Yuri mangas to one of my biggest disappointments. It’s going to feel real bad taking this series of my favourites list. God dammit author…

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Yep this story has lost me lol. I hate Himari now, she is so ignorant it is infuriating and Shiho is still the single most unlikeable and unsympathetic character on this site. And the series has just gotten so boring now, I can’t stay. Im still gonna keep reading, but the series ended for me about 10 chapters ago. Now it’s just a shitty fanfic that I want to watch crash and burn

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Alright this series has officially lost me. I don’t give two shits about a commoner revolution and class division. It’s been done before and done better. I got into the series because it was a fun dynamic and Rei was an interesting and quirky character, but she has become a generic Mary Sue who does whatever it takes to keep Claire safe. The magic and stuff with the princes was good, but this class war is not what I came to see. If I wanted to see people suffering from class division and revolution, I’d read a history book or look at Reddit. Not where I wanted to see from this story at all