Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Man, some of you are being really harsh on Himari. It's not like she's done anything tactless yet, she's just trying to get both sides of the story and see if there's a way for them to patch things up.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

It's funny but I just don't find Shiho and her reasons for the attitude that interesting... At all. I just want more ships.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hima is good at getting to people.

joined Feb 21, 2019

yup, disinterest in this volume continues... and we all already know how this arc is going to end, it's so cliché.

Hima will obviously find some way to get them to make up and be friends again. Probably end with the "oh I'll become pro before you but we're friends again" rivalry type thing. The expected pointless drama will happen during that of course (probably Shiho being in love with Yori), but this is just the whole trope of "everyone is friends", since not being friends is an unheard of concept

this is the rare type of manga where the main couple are actually together long before the ending, so why is there no focus on their relationship or development of them as a couple? why are chapters being wasted on this uninteresting side character? :/

last edited at May 23, 2021 5:04PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Hima is gonna end up in a date with everyone in the cast at this point.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

yup, disinterest in this volume continues... and we all already know how this arc is going to end, it's so cliché.

Hima will obviously find some way to get them to make up and be friends again. Probably end with the "oh I'll become pro before you but we're friends again" rivalry type thing. The expected pointless drama will happen during that of course (probably Shiho being in love with Yori), but this is just the whole trope of "everyone is friends", since not being friends is an unheard of concept

this is the rare type of manga where the main couple are actually together long before the ending, so why is there no focus on their relationship or development of them as a couple? why are chapters being wasted on this uninteresting side character? :/

Because there is peoples interested in it maybe ?

joined Jan 6, 2017

I would guess that so many chapters are "wasted" on her because she's been a lingering plot thread since the beginning. The only reason Hima even heard Yori sing at the concert in chapter 1 is because Shiho quit the band. Now it's explaining why by delving deeper into the side characters and the band which also as a bonus allows Hima and Yori to grow without their development being strictly tied to each other.

Not that you're wrong for disliking it, you came for romance but the series is taking time away from that to focus on other things. I personally really like this volume (as well as Shiho, she's one of my favourite characters atm) but it certainly isn't what I'd expect from a romance series with the name "Whispering You a Love Song"

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Shiho used to be in the SS? Didn't know that this manga was set in Argentina.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

joined Apr 6, 2013

Hima going for that Harem I see. Got my support.

Wow its one thing to have an opinion but to act like yours is the only one that matter, especially when it's such a shit take is pretty bold.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

The drama in this manga feel different from other. This is so good. Hima, good job!

Hima probably is going to talk with Yori first. Maybe there will be a song for the make up?

last edited at May 23, 2021 8:40PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, even though I myself threw in a comment about Himari coming across as stupid a little while ago, I wasn't referring to this specific occasion. I agree with BeanBeanKingdom, she hasn't really done anything wrong here. (actually maybe my previous comment was a bit too harsh on her, she doesn't deserve all this hate...)

Regardless of that, I just can't bring myself to root for Aki and Shiho's reconciliation. This whole arc indeed seems very predictable, with the endgame being all of them becoming friends or continuing this friendly rivalry type of thing that I can never get into, cause it feels insincere and pointless —very tsundere-ish if you'd like.

I would guess that so many chapters are "wasted" on her because she's been a lingering plot thread since the beginning. The only reason Hima even heard Yori sing at the concert in chapter 1 is because Shiho quit the band. Now it's explaining why by delving deeper into the side characters and the band [...]

I actually was intrigued about the mysterious former band member at first, but seeing that her reason for quitting was just jealousy because her crush had a crush on someone else... It was a bit of a let-down tbh. And the fact that I was already a bit put off by Aki being the "best friend in love" definitely didn't help.

I think I just had different (or maybe too high...?) expectations of this and now I've gotten disappointed all on my own...

Also, this is a bit irrelevant, but am I the only one that thinks that Shiho and Hajime look a lot alike? When she fist appeared I thought she was
her sister XD

last edited at May 27, 2021 8:57AM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Jeez everyone here is totally shitting on Himari for... trying to mediate between her friends to resolve a conflict? Regardless of if it works or not I still think it’s good to try.

I really like the way Shiho is portrayed, the way Aki is treated like a human being and not villainous scum is already pretty remarkable, but having a second rival type character who also is treated like a multi-faceted human? I’m loving the way each character is written. Honestly idk if Shiho really is gonna end up together with Aki, or whether she even has feelings for Aki. I think there’s a lot more to this story that we don’t know about yet and I look forward to learning about it in the next chapter.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Himari is like, definitely polyamorous right?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Girl didn't even know the notion of love before so i highly doubt it. I just think she want her friends to go along together. You know, she just want them to reconcile not to go out with her.

last edited at May 24, 2021 5:28AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Girl didn't even know the notion of love before so i highly doubt it. I just think she want her friends to go along together. You know, she just want them to reconcile not to go out with her.

I kinda see Himari as not polyamorous but an unintentional megaflirt.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I kinda see Himari as not polyamorous but an unintentional megaflirt.

Distinguishing between women who are friendly, kind, and affectionate from those who are flirting is an important life skill.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

It was the eyes she was making at Shiho tbh less on the kind and more on the warm flirty.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I would be totally on board with Shiho joining in on the Himaribowl.

The ingredients are all there. In fact, the way Himari got Shiho to be more friendly and honest is totally reminiscent of the classic romance tropes.

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Nah I’m liking where this is going. Himari got my support. But I still ain’t sympathizing with Shiho at all. I don’t care what her reasons are or if she’s jealous of Yori or if she secretly loves Aki or something, what she did wasn’t cool. Unless this flashback changes my mind, I’m gonna say Aki should kick her to the curb.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I’m sorry, i just can’t give a shit ‘bout this “battle of the bands” arc. Even shiho falling for himari and trying to steal her would have been better. Such a shame, takeshima’s art style is really gorgeous, but alas, a good art style ain’t enough.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Has the lovesick puppy been abandoned? We haven't heard anything about the end of this volume...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Has the lovesick puppy been abandoned? We haven't heard anything about the end of this volume...

New chapter came out in this month's issue. All TL'd and waiting for typeset over on /u/.

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

so shiho's always been a bitch then. what an interesting development that I'm very glad we get to focus on

To reply you must either login or sign up.