Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really, even in a supposedly cute and sexy form, azu's abs still stands out. I start to believe those abs are not product of transformation.

Might just be that abs are part of the transformation package, so Ruby got them too. Makes more sense to me than Azu somehow being ripped for no reason.

I dont think Ruby got them- my guess is the transformations match the role- and Azu is a magical knight with a sword- it makes sense she'd need to be physically stronger.

I agree its unlikely they are her natural abs- her friend commented in an earlier chapter that Azu was bad at sports.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

After this they had lots of you know what.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

After this they had lots of you know what.

As long as it's not hand-holding, it's fine.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

R.I.P. Azu, you will be missed

joined Apr 1, 2014

H-hot

joined Feb 18, 2015

How exactly do these two still have their powers if magical girls aren't supposed to be able to be in love and have powers?

The only explanation would be that the magic is heteronormative...

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 11:03AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

How exactly do these two still have their powers if magical girls aren't supposed to be able to be in love and have powers?

Or that the whole no-love thing is a lie to keep the girls "pure" for marketing reasons, like the whole "no relationships" clause in idol contracts. In fact, the magical girl genre is very often used as a metaphor to explore the ugly parts of the idol business.

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 1:28PM

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I need that Sentai in real life, that sounds amazing! A Sentai about dismantling capitalism, that's what's missing in my life!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Gunjou has an eternal curse of blues. This make me wonder now what does Ruby's room look like, I would love if it is just covered in blue character merchandise and sheer level disgust that Gunjou would have if she saw it.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This is quite literally the last place I expected to run into marxism lol

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Marx, Bakunin, and Blanqui are obvious. Lukács is presumably specifically György Lukács. Ropshin is probably actually Boris Savinkov, who used "V. Ropshin" as a pseudonym for his first two novels?

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Or that the whole no-love thing is a lie to keep the girls "pure" for marketing reasons, like the whole "no relationships" clause in idol contracts. In fact, the magical girl genre is very often used as a metaphor to explore the ugly parts of the idol business.

You know somehow I’ve never quite seen that trend put to words and seeing it stated plainly really hit different. It’s so interesting that two super Japanese cultural phenomena would match up like that.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Marx, Bakunin, and Blanqui are obvious. Lukács is presumably specifically György Lukács. Ropshin is probably actually Boris Savinkov, who used "V. Ropshin" as a pseudonym for his first two novels?

I’ve learned the names of so many minerals and now Marxists thanks to this manga

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is quite literally the last place I expected to run into marxism lol

There is a tag for that, comrade

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 3:28PM

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

That is one hell of a catchphrase.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yo where the FUCK is my marxist tokusatsu tv show seriously let me move to this world, I would die to have a bunch of sentai merch with stuff about anti-imperialism and marxism on them

joined Mar 16, 2021

See how quick the mascots shut down Ruby attempting to talk about "love stories"? Just looking at Poryu and azu's conversations, it's hard to believe Poryu doesn't notice azu's growing feeling for Ruby. And for Ruby, it's quite apparent that both mascots notice she's clingy to azu. But I haven't seen any of them attempting anything to dampen their feelings.

If we draw real world parallel, 百合営業--wiki def: (slang) lesbian behavior feigned by female voice actors (pandering to fans), is quite a thing in idol industry too, especially for male fans. The main audience of the appeal is not yuri fans, but that many people, though don't say it out loud or even think it through, still internalize that being in/coding for a lesbian/yuri relationship don't "count" and they are still NOT considered "taken" or "been in a relationship before", so they stay "pure". (I know I know, just many ways to say the word "virgin".) Squeezing out some more money from Yuri fans is extra bonus too.

Looking through this author's Pixiv, though mostly brainless Yuri comedy, he/she does not shy away from heavier and nuanced topics.

A19ded9f-54f4-424a-a03b-735668ae4682
joined Mar 31, 2021

when i clicked on this manga i didn't expect communist power rangers, however i am NOT disappointed at all.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

"Better dead than red" is an epic statement, but "better dead than blue" kind of fits this story more lol. What a ride!

joined May 1, 2015

Way to ruin sentai with comunism.
Although, I did find it funny.
Also, I wanted a continuation from the last chapter.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'd watch that sentai show in a heartbeat

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yo where the FUCK is my marxist tokusatsu tv show seriously let me move to this world, I would die to have a bunch of sentai merch with stuff about anti-imperialism and marxism on them

You'd have to move to that world all right, 'cause it ain't gonna happen in this one. Contrary to one of Marx's comments, I think that is one sort of rope to hang them that the bourgeoisie would actually refuse to sell us.

But yeah, I would so totally watch this show.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

It's the Bizarro version of Samurai Flamenco's credit card sentai team.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Way to ruin sentai with comunism.

hm yes

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 6:46PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Someone needs to make these Gebarangers a thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.