Forum › Posts by Fisahei

joined Mar 16, 2021

Focus of the next phase of the story -- azu's abs. IDK, just anything but ending please.

joined Mar 16, 2021

So Cooluby became alone because other jewels couldn't keep up with her. Does that mean azu was actually quite competent in combat, since, judging from azu's personality so far, she woulda whine to Poryu all day if she couldn't keep up with Ruby?

joined Mar 16, 2021

How exactly do these two still have their powers if magical girls aren't supposed to be able to be in love and have powers?

The only explanation would be that the magic is heteronormative...

Or that the whole no-love thing is a lie to keep the girls "pure" for marketing reasons, like the whole "no relationships" clause in idol contracts. In fact, the magical girl genre is very often used as a metaphor to explore the ugly parts of the idol business.

See how quick the mascots shut down Ruby attempting to talk about "love stories"? Just looking at Poryu and azu's conversations, it's hard to believe Poryu doesn't notice azu's growing feeling for Ruby. And for Ruby, it's quite apparent that both mascots notice she's clingy to azu. But I haven't seen any of them attempting anything to dampen their feelings.

If we draw real world parallel, 百合営業--wiki def: (slang) lesbian behavior feigned by female voice actors (pandering to fans), is quite a thing in idol industry too, especially for male fans. The main audience of the appeal is not yuri fans, but that many people, though don't say it out loud or even think it through, still internalize that being in/coding for a lesbian/yuri relationship don't "count" and they are still NOT considered "taken" or "been in a relationship before", so they stay "pure". (I know I know, just many ways to say the word "virgin".) Squeezing out some more money from Yuri fans is extra bonus too.

Looking through this author's Pixiv, though mostly brainless Yuri comedy, he/she does not shy away from heavier and nuanced topics.

joined Mar 16, 2021

I don't think the author is conscious about it, but I think that having a parent like this very conveniently explains Sora's manipulative behaviors at the start of the series.

joined Mar 16, 2021

Yes, this is a trashy catharsis. But many popular ones (some even adepted into anime) of the same if not more trashiness don't attract nearly as much criticism with people digging 10 meters into the ground just to poke holes.

ONE chapter into this manga (same thing happened with the translated LN on the site it's posted) with misogynistic men, "critics" can't wait to jump into attack with "not all men", even throwing the word "feminism" around while any criticism against those popular ones for objectifying women is either brushed off as "taking it too serious" or "keep YOUR politics off MY mangas/animes/games".

Pick and choose which ones to "take serious" and poke holes, pick and choose which ones to be held up to master piece literature standards, pick and choose which ones to be less charitable. If it doesn't reveal intent, it certainly reveal bias.

joined Mar 16, 2021

Really, even in a supposedly cute and sexy form, azu's abs still stands out. I start to believe those abs are not product of transformation.

If that's true, azu would be an athletic and muscular girl despite looking like a bookworm and acting like an otaku before she became magical girl. She would be a more condensed chunk of materialized gap-moe.

joined Mar 16, 2021

So Poryu can say the opening dialogue of a magical girl, can we infer that Poryu has a girl's voice.

Fisahei
joined Mar 16, 2021

I'm gonna be pretentious here. So to sum up, while at the same time having a real relationship with the real Fujishiro, but in Kurokawa's head, she's forming this almost parasocial relationship with her "ideal Fujishiro". Now with a confession, Fujishiro is dragging her to the real side, and she freaked out.

Ok I don't know what I'm talking about any more. I guess the "drama" tag is well deserved.

joined Mar 16, 2021

Come on, Azusa, you are not supposed recognise her even though her face is same before and after transformation according to magical girls trope.

And the shock of seeing Ruby's civilian form gives Azusa the ability to break the 4th wall.