Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

If chapter ten is last chapter, it will have a time skip (which is a cliche cop-out to me). May there be more than one chapter to wrap this up.

I like this manga, but if there’s one more chapter, it won’t be worthy of purchasing, imho.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That was about ten chapters' worth of development in one whomp... Maybe this just concludes the introduction of the story!

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 2:19AM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

can't help but feel that stuff that could have been given their own chapters got all put together in a single one chapter with this one, not that I didn't like it just hoping that is not ending already or something

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Whoa. Hold on. The pacing just went supersonic or is it just me?

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Whoa. Hold on. The pacing just went supersonic or is it just me?

Felt the same, almost thought there was something missing in the middle there... but I won't complain. All's well that ends well after all

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

This chapter def had like several chapters worth of development in it which makes a bit sad that it had to be rushed but whatever the reason I just hope it wraps up well. I wouldve liked to see more of these characters but it is what it is

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This chapter was really rushed...

Still not sold on the Rin/Akira side because becoming gfs just to prevent Akira from being unhappy isn't a good enough reason....I just can't see their chemistry as romantic partners yet. I like them as friends, but I'd like to see Rin actually be attracted to Akira too before dating.

Unfortunately from her back story I had a feeling it'd end up like this anyway (where Rin will just go along in a poly relationship without romantic feelings for one side). I know there are polygamous relationships where it's not like everyone loves each other equally and it's more like two partners loving a single person, but still do romantic actions with each other, etc, but yeah I'm just not sold on their poly end yet. I have a feeling I will remain unsold if Canno is truly rushing the end :/

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

You do all realize the story’s not over yet, right? >.>

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This is about to get even more interesting

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Slowly edging toward Polyamory.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I was just thinking the same, this just looks like is nearing the end of the first ark.

Did you really believe you will see more if they go together ? If they did end together in Ch.10 then you will probably just have a timeskip chapter after.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Surprised to read people talking about the pacing when the pacing has been pretty quick throughout. Mayuri went from a failed date to total dom mode in like 3 chapters. Not that I have a problem with that.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I was just thinking the same, this just looks like is nearing the end of the first ark.

Regardless if it is going to be done soon or not, I still think the pacing in chapter 9 felt off.

Surprised to read people talking about the pacing when the pacing has been pretty quick throughout. Mayuri went from a failed date to total dom mode in like 3 chapters. Not that I have a problem with that.

I haven't had an issue with the pacing of the series over all, but ch 9 just feels really rushed. It just gives "I'm trying to wrap everything up asap" vibes. I'd be glad if we are all wrong though and Canno has more in store for us because I do think there is a lot more that needs to be touched on.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Rin not being equally into Akira and Mayuki, but still jumping at the chance to get into a polyamorous relationship out of sheer euphoria might actually be a plot point if Canno's planning to cover the post-confession side. The next arc could be about them dealing with unequal feelings and different histories- I could see Rin clamming up about it because she doesn't want to ruin the relationship of her dreams, Akira being unsure of how to deal with Mayuki's overwhelming affections when Sex Kitten Kouhai wasn't her original goal, and Mayuki herself trying too hard to force the two of them together and causing further issues, resolved only by proper, three-way communication (heh). Canno's mentioned time and again that it's hard to keep three people together, and it'd be a shame if the manga ended after all of 'em got on the boat- we need to see stormy seas followed by sunny skies, along with various islands and fun with knots, masts and rigging (this metaphor might have gotten slightly out of hand).

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I haven't had an issue with the pacing of the series over all, but ch 9 just feels really rushed. It just gives "I'm trying to wrap everything up asap" vibes. I'd be glad if we are all wrong though and Canno has more in store for us because I do think there is a lot more that needs to be touched on.

Oh, that's totally fair. Seems to me that Akira's been building up to this moment for the last couple chapters, so no part of the sprinting in to confess seemed brisk. I suppose Rin's running off into a cliffhanger does give those vibes, especially given how mopey and introspective the series has been during past conflicts. I'm definitely withholding any judgement before we see where this goes, though. Would be pretty bummed if it just ended next chapter.

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

yep, that was rushed

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I can definitely hear a woodcutting implement being sharpened.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don’t know, it does feel like a lot happens in this chap, but in the end it’s focused on Akira spilling the beans after several chapters of keeping everything for her. She’s like a pressure cooker that just exploded.

Now Rin knows that Akira likes her and that Mayuki likes Akira, Akira knows that Rin likes Mayuki and Mayuki likes her, and Mayuki knows that Akira likes Rin but not that Rin likes her.

Just like we had several chapters of Akira being jealous, I assume we’re gonna have at least a couple chapters of Rin being insecure.

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 1:33PM

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Lmao mayuki was the most level headed one in this chapter

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Akira pogchamp

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Lmao mayuki was the most level headed one in this chapter

Its cause she isnt facing any new angst

Also the chapter did start og saying "Simple feelings are a light in the dark"

F4099919603a7e34609e174afa599fa9
joined Feb 24, 2016

mayuki is such a good kid

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

POLY ENDING PLEASEEEEE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A POLY ENDING PLEASE LET THEM ALL BE HAPPY PLEASEEEEE

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Now that Akira has started to move forward, Rin is the only one still stuck in her insecurities. It feels like we're building toward a climax, but I really hope this isn't the end!

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I dunno y’all, chapter 9 didn’t feel too rushed to me. It felt like the pieces were all coming in to place, and the chaos and speed comes in large part from Akira’s messiness. I can see how it might give people ax vibes, but I think it’s at least as likely that it’s an intentional move to not give the emotions enough time to settle. I think we’ll see next chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.