Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

I feel kinda bad for saeko and miwa as well damn..

joined Jun 12, 2019

I recently followed this author on twitter and she posted a preview of like chapter 42 the other day and it's still all I can think about. Why did I read it???? I skipped 20 chapters and caught a glimpse of the future, and now my reading experience is cursed by this sword of Damocles...

Anyway, sure seems Saeko's got some baggage, huh. I hope she learns to confide in Miwa if nothing else.

Really want you to spoil it for me omg

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This is all working out wonderfully

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 11:40PM

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

I recently followed this author on twitter and she posted a preview of like chapter 42 the other day and it's still all I can think about. Why did I read it???? I skipped 20 chapters and caught a glimpse of the future, and now my reading experience is cursed by this sword of Damocles...

Anyway, sure seems Saeko's got some baggage, huh. I hope she learns to confide in Miwa if nothing else.

Really want you to spoil it for me omg

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but...This is her twitter, venture in at your own risk. Apparently the new chapter just came out today:

https://twitter.com/_tmfly_

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 11:50PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This... just takes realism to a new level.

There are very, very few manga where sex with a loved one is not shown as pure fluffy bliss. And the problems, the mistakes and the clumsiness don't become all part of the happy fun.

This story breaks molds.

Especially this page, it's gold.

last edited at Aug 14, 2020 2:10AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

hard oooooof. too real.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Welp, they've got a month. Saeko should have that random coworker divine their future. BTW, were Miwa and Saeko's surnames ever previously mentioned?

This might be my favorite chapter so far. The shame Saeko feels in trying to be vulnerable is terribly relatable. Especially the separate-self thing. If they break up, I hope they come out better equipped to communicate with their future partners, and not just more emotionally scarred.

If Miwa discovers that her former senpai likes girls and/or is dating someone, I can imagine that would spark some regret, though I'm pretty sure she wouldn't cheat. But, if Saeko ends up freaking out about the event, she could end up losing Miwa's trust.

joined Jul 16, 2020

This fucking hurt to read

joined Aug 3, 2020

This manga is basically NTR.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

If you count being cucked by your own insecurities and realistic personality issues as NTR, then yeah
But either way they can't run away with your partner, just fuck them in a metaphorical manner

So, yeah, I guess it is?

joined Aug 3, 2020

If you count being cucked by your own insecurities and realistic personality issues as NTR, then yeah
But either way they can't run away with your partner, just fuck them in a metaphorical manner

So, yeah, I guess it is?

With a response like that, I'm sure there's only one person in this conversation with real world insecurities.

Good luck with whatever it is you're suffering from.

last edited at Aug 14, 2020 5:08AM

joined May 31, 2019

It's interesting to see how the author reintegrated the "miwa is bad at topping" bit from the original.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

man this is getting so hard to read, in a good way.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That sure was a surprisingly exact very specific definition of Saeko's look. :D

I don't understand what y'all get out of grasping at the latest clues in every chapter for why this is still the same continuity as the one shot. It gives me a feeling similar to watching a friend pick at a scab

Bakarina Syndrome runs strong in this thread.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This comment is basically gibberish.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I don't understand what y'all get out of grasping at the latest clues in every chapter for why this is still the same continuity as the one shot. It gives me a feeling similar to watching a friend pick at a scab

It's not the same continuity, but it's the same concept played out over a long series. These two don't have any chemistry, lack any understanding or common ground, have opposing views on what being in a relationship means, and the whole story is based on them getting together on a whim (imagine a relationship starts in Borat when he uses the line "you like sex? I like sex. Very nice!"). Sure, they have their own hangups, but that isn't what makes them a bad match, so when they overcome them it isn't going to help the relationship. Heck, when they grow or improve, it's in spite of the relationship, like Miwa thinking it's her own fault that people are assholes because Saeko lashed out at her at the festival so she tries to get better at dealing with people.

There's a chance they'll overcome being fundamentally incompatible, but I think we're supposed to root for the breakup and their next relationships

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I'm literally just reading it 'cause i have hope they'll finally realize they don't match each other and break up.
Until there, i'm like : )

last edited at Aug 14, 2020 9:19AM

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

A lot of the responses Saeko shows make me concerned, they scarily line up with family abuse survivors.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Spoiler ahead Apparently they will break up in 10 chapters or so but given what happen in the latest chapter, which is 10 chapters ahead of the break up, it's clearly not the same thing as the OS.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

I was thinking how Saeko have some hidden inner woman within herself, but I'm not sure about it anymore.

Now I think she is the slightest form of trans man. A straight trans man, exclusive top, who is somehow comfortable with female body, until sexually using that body in a way who Saeko isn't.

In that case, Saeko is not transsexual, but some transgender issues here are obvious. Tomboys belong to lesbian spectrum observing through sexuality and assigned sex at birth, but to transgender spectrum as well, observing identity expression through boyish look. Like both in same time.
I would be glad to hear other opinions about it, without drama and judgment to my personal point of view.

Saeko is watching herself from above "with cold eyes", it's definitely a split of personality in a moment. Her identity is "watching" her sexuality, expressed in a "wrong" way (being bottom is just unnatural for Saeko, she can't identify with it, she does not have anything to give through it, it simply is not a part of her inner being and it can't be forced).

This is my impression in current situation, how I perceive it for now.

joined May 1, 2013

I was thinking how Saeko have some hidden inner woman within herself, but I'm not sure about it anymore.

Now I think she is the slightest form of trans man. A straight trans man, exclusive top, who is somehow comfortable with female body, until sexually using that body in a way who Saeko isn't.

In that case, Saeko is not transsexual, but some transgender issues here are obvious. Tomboys belong to lesbian spectrum observing through sexuality and assigned sex at birth, but to transgender spectrum as well, observing identity expression through boyish look. Like both in same time.
I would be glad to hear other opinions about it, without drama and judgment to my personal point of view.

Saeko is watching herself from above "with cold eyes", it's definitely a split of personality in a moment. Her identity is "watching" her sexuality, expressed in a "wrong" way (being bottom is just unnatural for Saeko, she can't identify with it, she does not have anything to give through it, it simply is not a part of her inner being and it can't be forced).

This is interesting, and it would be cool if a manga like this explored that, but I don't think it's what's going on. It's been made pretty clear that Saeko's issue is with PLEASURE. It's shown that she's fine being touched until it starts to feel good, at which point she locks into a panic mode of cursing at herself in her head. As a teenager, she didn't seem upset getting penetrated by a guy, except it confirming how gay she is.

She doesn't think she deserves pleasure for some reason we haven't fully explored yet. Whether that's the central part, or if it's the fear of looking vulnerable, it's not clear.

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

I grew up as a lesbian tomboy and now consider myself nonbinary, so I can definitely see where you’re coming from, but personally I don’t peg Saeko as trans.

That watching herself from above thing seems like dissociation, which is often but not always a trauma response. If I were to armchair diagnose her, I’d say she’s probably got cptsd from whatever happened in middle school.

It’s true that lots of trans people report feelings of dissociation before transition, which makes sense. It’s a pretty traumatic thing to live as the wrong gender. But I would hesitate to say this is Saeko’s case. She doesn’t seem to have dysphoria (not that dysphoria is always necessary to be trans), and right now I’m not I’m not convinced that she’s secretly uncomfortable as a woman. I think she just happens to fall on the more butch end of the lesbian gender expression spectrum. When she does things like keep her hair long instead of cutting it short (which she might like better), I get the feeling she does that to better pass as straight, not convince herself that she’s actually fine with femininity and being a woman.

(And that hair thing actually works, at least in my case. Ever since I grew my hair out people have treated me a lot more nicely, and I think it’s because they can’t as easily peg me as the gay gender deviant that I am. They don’t waste time giving me the “what even are you” stare or fumbling with pronouns as often as they used to.)

But I don’t really know, that’s just what I think right now.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I can relate to what Saeko is going through. Been really enjoying this perspective, & this manga.

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

Damn Saeko has some problems.. hope Miwa can help her :(
That aside, this manga has really taken an interesting turn huh. Not what I was expecting at all in the beginning.

To reply you must either login or sign up.