Forum › Posts by firelizard

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

damn it’s over… what am i gonna stalk the recently added page for now?

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

i want aoi’s husband to be bi too and i want him to have invited all his gay lovers and had them all sit at one table bc he’s still kind of a fuckboy and i want a parallel story to be happening in bl land where a pair of dude roommates are will-they-won’t-they-ing and aoi’s husband is the lynchpin of their nascent relationship… idk if a bl with this premise would ever be written. maybe a bara? hmm… much to think about

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

What a mess, how can you make a character so inconsistent in only 10 pages? Like from scratch it looks like she despised her then she was shy and then she loved her, I didn't get a single thing. What's going on with yuri authors man

that was a fairly standard character progression imo, and not at all inconsistent. are you expecting yamada to only express one emotion the entire time? because i don’t think the internal thoughts or ideas behind her actions are like, erratic or anything…

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

that girl is just full on leaning over her own hand blissing out during gym class, not even trying to hide it lmao

the more implausible this gets the better tbh. this is absolutely pure fantasy, the rules of romance and reality need not apply. hell, let’s aim for a full-class orgy, get your money’s worth, go big or go home

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

kaede the indirect communication confession-rejector, rip all her serious suitors lol

i look forward to this series updating every few days and i’m gonna be sad once it’s completed. gonna have to find some new stuff to wait for while i (embarrassingly frequently) refresh the updates page. serious props to the scanlators for keeping up the pace for the past few months.

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Oh Let's see how dumb Kaede is and see how she reacts to this one! Hopefully it's actual progress and not her glossing over it like "yeah yeah I love you too!" but not realize what she even means.

I’ve used the recent return of this manga to start reading the Japanese copies on my bookshelf again - it’s quite hard reading so I stalled for a while. So I’ve just started volume 7, a bit ahead of the scanlations… so, spoilers: it’s exactly as you say, Kaede’s outward reaction is “I love you too!” - this isn’t a big immediate tipping point, as it were!

Really enjoying this series and so glad to see it being scanlated again on the regular. Thank you!

out of curiosity, which did nanami say in the japanese version, dai suki or aishiteru?

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

i was trying to remember what this concept reminded me of—glad someone mentioned hanahaki disease. i wonder what the title of that oneshot was… was it just hanahaki..?

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
101818532_p0

oh wow, it’s been a while since i’ve watched a flare stream… that’s a new 3d model huh. ever since rushia got terminated i was having trouble keeping up with holo streams in general, especially gen 3… i should start paying attention again, the wound has healed somewhat…

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
101818532_p0

nah, i say they’re a thing, you have to read between the lines a bit. they aren’t gonna be out and proud the way you’d see in the west. from both a business and cultural perspective, stuff like this is understated.

it was in the fall of 2020 when things seemed to change. they bought legit wedding-quality rings that year. and there are things they let slip every now and then that hint at the depth of their relationship, especially from noel. they aren’t frank about it but i think they really are girlfriends.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 8:37AM

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
101818532_p0

the reason their work has evolved this way is because they had a period where fan expectations were making it awkward tho, right? like it’s ultimately just a lot healthier to separate things a bit once the relationship becomes established, when it comes to collabs at least. they do still talk about each other and interact on twitter, and they actually do still collab occasionally when they feel like it and their schedules line up, but last year they made it clear that they aren’t courting in front of us anymore. which is good imo—their interactions had been feeling forced for a while up until that point

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
101818532_p0

they still collab occasionally right? they just aren’t comfortable being all pda which i get. i’m glad they’re both part of shiraken at least tho

dating your coworkers can be messy so whatever is the best arrangement for them is best. as long as they’re happy

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
Lyco_reco-1565580783368425472-img1

^ tragedy would honestly be narratively interesting but i can’t see them doing that from a business standpoint.

we’re way past bait into subtext territory imo and i hope it breaks into “confirmed relationship” status, but i have a feeling it’s not gonna go that far. anime like these usually never do. i bet i’ll still love it tho, no matter the outcome

firelizard
VAMPEERZ discussion 27 Aug 17:23
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

i can’t get over how badly the action is conveyed in this manga. there’s no movement at all, i might as well be looking at real photographs

firelizard
Make a Mark discussion 11 Jun 18:56
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

loved it, can’t wait for part 2

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
Cheatersbeware

ah…

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

:(

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 2:42PM

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
Angrynum-1515741208793866241-img1

lol ina’s so popular with the jp branch. she’s got lamy too i think

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
Takoyaki_110721-1515412886121684995-img1

gyaru marine and honors student kanata is an AU i didn’t know i needed lol

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

honestly, my only complaint is that we only get to see the beginnings of of yuu and yoshimi’s impending fallout. wonder if maybe that’ll be a bonus chapter or something

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 4:21AM

firelizard
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
A_susouko-1492837200878530562-img1

i like how once miko gets comfortable enough with someone she banters with she begins to call them by their surname instead of their given name. normally it’s the opposite so it feels significant? or maybe i’m just reading too much into it. suisei x miko is good tho—i really like their friendship.

i like pushy sui-chan in this image. feels fitting

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 8:02PM

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Yuri Vtuber manga with an MC called Sukoya... but the author is a known Hololive fan and as far as I know has never shown any interest in Crossick. Is this just a huge coincidence?

and her name is “oshiga sukoya”—that literally means “my oshi is sukoya” lol. that HAS to be intentional. makes me wonder if there are more name puns here that i don’t know enough japanese to understand yet

firelizard
Image Comments 20 Jul 02:15
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
90881219_p0

noefure is justice

firelizard
Image Comments 29 Jun 23:17
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
Eki6bksu8aazu9z-orig

i feel like pekora is really busy lately or something. even if they don't hang out as much as they used to i hope they'll still do their christmas stream this year at least

micomet is good too tho. (i view both pairs platonically.) sui-chan has great chemistry with just about everyone

firelizard
Yoru to Umi discussion 24 Jun 00:52
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Had a hunch. I could read the writing on the wall despite it being tagged yuri—it was probably never gonna end up explicit. But I still feel slightly disappointed somehow. Hmm. Probably need to let it sink in and read it again. I feel like it’s one of those stories that gets told indirectly more often than directly. Need to go back and parse it.

firelizard
Image Comments 22 Jun 22:25
Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020
E4auiehuyaerni--orig

they really are a good pair, these two