joined Jul 5, 2020

They sure figured out pretty fast how lesbian sex works

joined Mar 1, 2018

3p or riot

joined Oct 27, 2018

Eh, single target sexuality may be my least favorite trope in yuri

So it's about 80% of all yuri manga.

Unfortunately, yeah

Actually, never mind, I thought about it for a second and realized, it's not actually all that common with modern Yuri, at least not how I'm defining it. I don't mean cases where they only show attraction to one person, that's just a typical romance, I mean more like series where it is specifically stated or implied that single target sexuality is at play.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

yalls writing WHOLE ESSAYS here, im just here enjoying the cute yuri man...

That's Dynasty lol.

...But yeah, I agree, this yuri is fucking adorable, I'm so happy I could cry (´ ω `♡)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ookuma is too adorable for words.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This reads less like single target sexuality and more like Ookuma being dense and a sap.

joined Jul 28, 2015

same, though i have a very small hope that they come back to this later and deal with how the lie is actually pretty serious and couldn’t be solved just like that

or something like how we would later find out Ookuma has been bi all the time, but that’s unlikely

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 4:49PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's not like straight sex is often that good on the first time either. It can be quite awkward and un-enjoyable, even with someone you really like, because.. You both suck and not in a good way. :)

It is just another silly anomaly of romantic storytelling. Couple may have all sorts of other troubles they have to fight through, but everyone is a pro in the sack, even if they haven't ever even thought about it before.

Nikaidousingherfirstmask
joined Aug 8, 2019

too...sweet...im...dying.... dies

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man these last two chapters are

Talk about betraying expectations in the best possible way

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Let's hope this continues for a while longer, I really love that current romance manga doesn't end on the kiss/first time.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

So it's about time to add the tag Bisexual, no ?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

So like I don’t get the problem with single target sexuality? I know to each their own and all but like a few people seem to be against it and I just want to know why? I’m curious.

joined May 20, 2013

So it's about time to add the tag Bisexual, no ?

Ookuma sounds more like a pansexual to me, if you mean her. In any case, both girls fell in love with each other, regardless of their intentions, so there is no proof it would've happened with a guy.

joined Oct 27, 2018

So like I don’t get the problem with single target sexuality? I know to each their own and all but like a few people seem to be against it and I just want to know why? I’m curious.

I dislike it for a few reasons, the biggest one for me is that in yuri and yaoi in particular, it is often used as a way to sort of distance the work from the LGBT community, it almost feels like the author is slapping a big NO HOMO sticker on the work "they're not gay, they just love each other". I dislike it for other reasons as well, for example, it gives sort of soul mate vibes, which is not something I'm a fan of in romantic works. It's also used as a hand wave, which is what this work mostly used it for, where it is sort of used as a way to avoid any difficult discussions about the deception.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Insane amounts of (offscreen) sex

<--

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Man these last two chapters are

Talk about betraying expectations in the best possible way

I dont know what you have been thinking But this is what i expected All the way back from chapter 1

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

now i'd like to see secchan to find her own gf

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's also used as a hand wave, which is what this work mostly used it for, where it is sort of used as a way to avoid any difficult discussions about the deception.

You like what you like, of course, but comedy romances in general are not especially notable for their “difficult discussions” of pretty much anything.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

"She attacked"
Gao
Nyan

Lmao.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I keep looking at Ookuma's nails and flinching

It's not like straight sex is often that good on the first time either. It can be quite awkward and un-enjoyable, even with someone you really like, because.. You both suck and not in a good way. :)

Might be easier for two virgins of the same sex? If they've masturbated then they have some idea what might work for the other person.

joined Jun 29, 2015

I dislike it for a few reasons, the biggest one for me is that in yuri and yaoi in particular, it is often used as a way to sort of distance the work from the LGBT community, it almost feels like the author is slapping a big NO HOMO sticker on the work "they're not gay, they just love each other". I dislike it for other reasons as well, for example, it gives sort of soul mate vibes, which is not something I'm a fan of in romantic works. It's also used as a hand wave, which is what this work mostly used it for, where it is sort of used as a way to avoid any difficult discussions about the deception.

Of course if the line about single target sexuality is bad if we look at it alone, but I think commenter blow this out of proportional by disregarding the context as well as the characterization of the main character. In fact I think 80% convo happened in this thread is about cherry-pick action/words, cut it off from the context and comment of how bad it is. It is just show how people sometimes lack of reading comprehension at a time.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 7:05PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, that girl went from shitty homophobia to bicurous in like three seconds

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Kanda-sexual is my new favorite word

To reply you must either login or sign up.