Forum › Posts by vf-c

joined Jul 28, 2015

I’m glad it ended like this; I love it so much. In all honesty, I never felt like Uta and Kaoru getting together was possible in the first place, because it sounds “convenient” and out-of-place when Kaoru, who’s had deep troubles with her husband, latch onto Uta as a romantic candidate. As told by the title, “Unrequited Love” is the final ending to me. Simply because I don’t see the two working out in the end. If anything, I’m concerned about how Kaoru manages herself.

The fact that the author is vague about the ending means that it’s not important. The central theme is about their development in those years where Uta was a child who was in love with Kaoru. How it’s going to end is just a small detail to me. If anything, I’m just glad that it seems like they both are doing well, judging from the somewhat down-to-earth, light hearted tone of the last pages. Reading this manga, I went from wanting a romance to just plainly hoping for the characters to be okay in the end. And I got that.

The only one thing is that I wish I could have seen a bit more of Kuro.. I really liked her!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Thank you for featuring this series today! It’s my new favorite now. Thank you scanlators for the amazing work!

yahooo! glad you liked it! always super happy to have new ponko readers. everyone on the team really loves working it. <3

i’m totally hooked on it! Also, I would like to thank the redrawer/typesetter (?) of the series. Love seeing good redrawn fonts and good typography! <3 (I’m a designer myself, and I especially appreciate the poster on chapter 29!)

joined Jul 28, 2015

Happy birthday Kawaii Scans! Thank you for introducing me to 2 of my favorite series: Miss Sunflower, and The Feelings We All Muse Endure!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Thank you for featuring this series today! It’s my new favorite now. Thank you scanlators for the amazing work!

joined Jul 28, 2015

the worst thing is that the boyfriend seems genuinely nice and kind... like she doesn’t have any issues with her boyfriend. i guess two timers are like that huh

joined Jul 28, 2015

love this doujin! i keep coming back to it because i love the characterization so much

joined Jul 28, 2015

my heart was racing the entire time! i love this artist so much! thank you for the translations!

joined Jul 28, 2015

this was super cute!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

^
Probably this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure

it is! thank you so much!

joined Jul 28, 2015

LOL Mai already figured it out.... I can’t wait to see the development!!!!

Also I second the “good lay” plot point

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

hi, i recently read to die in june and i absolutely loved it. if there are more artistic, intriguing mangas like that. if you know of any, please let me know. I'd be super grateful.. I love bittersweet stuff. Thank you!

I think you would be interested in A Lollipop or A Bullet!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

I’m looking for this one series. I cannot remember the main pairing, but one of the side pairings really stood out.

One is a girl who’s always tired and doesn’t have sex with her partner, which is why her partner goes around and has sex with other people (both of them agreed to it). The tired one is the protagonist’s bestfriend. The other one has a mature image.

I hope this is enough description!

vf-c
SHY discussion 27 Sep 14:48
joined Jul 28, 2015

i read everything in one go. totally hooked. everything is so good!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

can i get som like normal wholesome highschool yuri like no rape or incest or stuffs like dat ty

Girlfriends by Morinaga Milk if you haven’t read it! It’s a classic! Some of her other works also feature highschoolers.

There’s also Comprehensive Tovarisch—another classic! Lots of cute, comedic moments, and it flows perfectly.

Hope the recommendations are okay!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Would “The Secret Recipe” by Morinaga Milk fit into your standards? The MCs start off pretty passionately!

Wow, they are off to a great start! Tyvm! I'm reading this one now.

I really enjoyed "The Secret Recipe". I wish the story started where it ended! It is very hard to find yuri manga that are about the relationship rather than the buildup to the relationship.

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah the MCs were interacting very regularly but their romantic relationship didn’t start right away :(

If you are still looking around, I would recommend “Miss Angel Miss Devil” where one of the two main couples are dating from the start of the series. You can find it on Mangadex. I went on a rampage on old stuff I used to read and that’s probably the only series I know where the MCs are dating from the start! If I find more I will make sure to tell you :)

joined Jul 28, 2015

a blessing..

joined Jul 28, 2015

wow, didnt know the manga got put off and so until I read the comments. This was one of the first yuri works I have read, and I don’t regret stumbling on it one bit. I have reread this 3738473 times lol this series fill me with joy.

joined Jul 28, 2015

Am I the only one who’s a fan of the switch-up? I mean, it’s not sudden at all—Nekozaki has had problems since the first chapter. We even had her trembling when she was talking about her feelings. I am just wondering how everyone else is going to handle it.

More than anything, I am very excited lol

joined Jul 28, 2015

seeing how shiina healed the plant, i wonder if she has some sort of healing magic; or even better, time-reversal

such a good series. glad i discovered this. thanks archivers <3

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 9:47AM

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

one of the best. Changed my life completely!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

I'm looking for romance stories where the characters start off their relationship very early story and most of the story is about their relationship, rather than the build up too it. I also want the characters to be in love and express this love physically through kissing, hugging, sex, etc. The more passionate the love, the better, and the sooner the relationship starts, the better. I'm also leaving the definition of relationship intentionally loose to cast as wide a net as possible.

My favorite example is After School: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/after_school

Other examples are:
Hana Ni Arashi
Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It

I want to avoid stories like Cheerful Amnesia, even though it is about a couple in love it does not depict much physical contact.

Bloom into You and Citrus would be left out because they are based on the build up of tension rather than exploring the relationship itself.

So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? is about their relationship, but the characters do not have passion for each other.

I would happily settle for a story like Kase-san, even though much of the story is the build up to their relationship, there is still a lot of relationship to explore, the quality is high, and there is lots of love.

No limits on the kinds of tags. It can be romance, drama, comedy, adult life, NSFW, etc. Sorry if this has been asked already.

Would “The Secret Recipe” by Morinaga Milk fit into your standards? The MCs start off pretty passionately!

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Please recommend me some good NSFW works. Doesn’t need to have a good plot. Just collecting good old eye-candies

I like art styles with less childlike porportions. Hopefully that’s not asking too much!

One of if not my favourite ones is 'The Missing "i" ' by Kawauchi (havent quite figured links out yet)

I just read it and it’s seriously one of the best I have ever read. Thank you so much it made my day wow; love the cuteness so much

Hope you have an amazing day ^^

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Please recommend me some good NSFW works. Doesn’t need to have a good plot. Just collecting good old eye-candies

I like art styles with less childlike porportions. Hopefully that’s not asking too much!

joined Jul 28, 2015

Eh, single target sexuality may be my least favorite trope in yuri

same, though i have a very small hope that they come back to this later and deal with how the lie is actually pretty serious and couldn’t be solved just like that

or something like how we would later find out Ookuma has been bi all the time, but that’s unlikely

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 4:49PM

joined Jul 28, 2015

Why? When did the manga assume to be realistic in any way?

I agree that the premise is probably creepy, but I won't readily dismiss an author's premise because it is, after all, an author's premise.

Why what? I'm not saying it has to be realistic in any way. I'm saying people are irritated by the premise because it's poorly developed and defies all logic for a story set in our world with no explanation for it. Because a few people asked why others are finding this particular work so annoying, and that's my explanation, at least. Also, because of the title and the inability to tag it properly (it's technically loli, but then again, it isn't), readers who would normally not be interested in a story like this are going to end up reading it, so therefore you're going to end up with a lot more "WTF" comments since people aren't self-selecting not to read it, like they would if it had the loli tag.

The author is of course free to establish whatever premise they want. And readers are free to critique the premise as implausible, unbelievable, underdeveloped, poorly explained, etc. I don't have to agree that the premise makes sense or is any good.

Let's look at this from the other side. A reasonable person would never see an adult-looking female (tall, woman's curves, big breasts) wearing a childish backpack and immediately jump to the conclusion that she must be an elementary school student, as the protagonist does here. Which means one of two things:

1. The protagonist, despite being either a career woman (or college student - translator here is confusing) is deeply stupid and is making a ridiculous assumption from a very circumstantial bit of information. There's no evidence that this is the case so far, but if this turns out to be the twist I'd find this premise dumb too.

2. The situation is intended to be taken on face value, that for some unexplained reason there actually is a tall, voluptuous elementary school student at her gym for this woman to get thirsty over. Which I have already stated my opinions on, and which to me as presented so far is less of a premise for a story and more of the author's special fetish being manifested. (And, sure, fine for them - their time, their art, their story, of course they can indulge their fetish like every other mangaka does. Doesn't make it immune from critique.)

Agreed. I’d like to further your points! Mangas doesn’t have to be “realistic” because after all, they are fictional. However, good mangas always have a set of logic they abide to (e.g: art style, world setting, etc). Usually when a character defies the standard logic set in the fictional world (in this case, an “allegedly” elementary schooler looking like an adult, when obviously the author knows how children are supposed to look like) there should always be a plausible reason/background why, because that’s how good writing works. One might try to explain how a kid can look like an adult IRL, but that explanation so far doesn’t contribute to the plot at all in this manga. It’s more of an excuse for the fetish.

Still, I have hopes that it will develop in further chapters into something else like “Oh I’m not an elementary schooler LOL I’m a college student” but still an adult fawning over an “allegedly” kid is still yikes.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 6:13AM