Forum › Posts by Hexa

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

The article at the end is talking about a dog (or any other pet) being a witness or "officiant" in a wedding between two people, not people marrying their dogs.

I think the idea is that, if that much is possible in the USA. Then you can totally expect Japan to have some sort of market for the full package.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I assumed it's sorta a special facility and they are living there, as seen during lunch time it's only the two of them, it's probably a two people class. So it would make sense for Mea taking over all of Aise's schedule, and the hair lenght fits Mea without her hairclips (since it was near bedtime)

Edit:

But being her mom looks more likely after I reread it, since she's then seeing sleeping on the table so it hints to it being a regular house instead of an room/apartment.

Also keep in mind that the counsellor who assigns Mea to help Aise says that Mea "always arrives at school so early in the morning", which means that even if it is a school for kids with special needs said kids seem to commute there from home. The credit page also has the counsellor's ID card singled out and it seems to say it is a middle school, without any mention of it being a special facility.

Yep, totally overlooked that. Well that's why I like to read the comments so I can see if I missed something. But it'd certainly help if the mangaka decided to draw the mom with more uniques features, but then again that rough artstyle is part of the charm.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Mea might want to do it but I'm not sure she actually enjoys it, as shown on the page where she's helping Aise out of the bathtub and Aise sees Mea's tired expression (which she quickly turns into a smile). That was what ultimately prompted Aise to tell Mea to stop caring for her. So yeah, Mea is gonna have a breakdown sooner or later at that rate. Mea just doesn't know any other way to get close to people than to taking care of them.

Could be. To me when I read it the first time it looked more like she was simply struggling with physically supporting Aise (in the bathtub scene) and then Aise reading too much into it (because she already expects everyone around her to feel bothered) rather than Mea feeling drained, but your take would also make a lot of sense.

Edit:

That wasn't Mea, that was her mom.

Nicely spotted, I also thought it was Mea. Different hairstyle and the fact Mea would not be taking care of Aise at her home should have been a dead giveaway, but my brain just completely overlooked it. Then yeah, I stand by my original take regarding the dynamic between Mea and Aise.

I assumed it's sorta a special facility and they are living there, as seen during lunch time it's only the two of them, it's probably a two people class. So it would make sense for Mea taking over all of Aise's schedule, and the hair lenght fits Mea without her hairclips (since it was near bedtime)

Edit:

But being her mom looks more likely after I reread it, since she's then seeing sleeping on the table so it hints to it being a regular house instead of an room/apartment.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 5:42PM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I kind of expected a horror fest for the sake of simple shock value after that opening, but it quickly turned out to be a serious and well crafted story and I was pleasantly surprised. I especially liked the realism with which the characters were portrayed, particularly the main girl. An alcoholic single parent who depends upon her daughter for support through the drunkenness and actively rewards said support with expressions of affection and love, creating a positive feedback for the child. No wonder Mea came to regard her mother's alcoholism as a good thing and felt helpless and abandoned once that positive affirmation was taken away from her.

It is not really a common situation, as most alcoholic parents are physically and psychologically abusive towards their children, creating a negative feedback that would hardly have the kids actively wanting their parents to continue being alcoholics (the mother here is psychologically abusive but in a different way). That being said, if the kind of situation depicted here actually developed, I could absolutely see the child taking on these really messed up sets of values.

The mother never tried talking to Mea, explaining the situation before and after getting clean, and lashed out violently when Mea tried getting her back into her addiction (which was absolutely the wrong thing to do, the child was not really aware of what she was doing and the violent outburst just deepened the feeling of rejection on her part, though I do fully understand how and why the mother snapped under such circumstances). All of which just worsened the situation.

Though, to be fair towards the mother, next to nobody in her place would think "my child might actually like me being an alcoholic because I seriously messed up her values system". I doubt that actual therapists would even pick up on this possibility, let alone the alcoholic themselves. As realistically as the mental development Mea went through is depicted, it is a really uncommon set of circumstances, which is an element I greatly enjoyed. Having this unlikely situation (a strangely non-abusive, or as close to that, alcoholic parent who gives the child positive affirmation through said alcoholism) but then developing it in a detailed and realistic fashion.

All of which made it painfully obvious what would happen when Mea was later paired with Aise, a person in dire need of someone to take care of her due to her injuries. Aise herself was also fairly well fleshed out as a character. I especially liked how the story avoided the cliche of having her being a needy person paired with someone in need of a needy person. She is in definite need of help but she also resents and regrets that and feels bad over it, seeing herself as a burden on others.

In a way, as messed up and unhealthy as both of their perspectives are, I think they are actually better off being together than either of them would be on their own. They are a perfect match, Mea gets someone who genuinely needs her support and, more importantly, will always need her, fulfilling the deep-seated urge in Mea to be needed, while Aise gets someone whom she is absolutely certain wants and even enjoys taking care of her, thus relieving her of the feeling of guilt over being a possible burden on someone else.

As a side note, I liked the detail of Mea exhibiting yandere tendencies but also having a functioning moral feeling as well, as although she pushes Aise down the stairs she also immediately regrets it and understands it was wrong of her to do it.

On another side note, I also liked the art style, I think it actually fits nicely into the mood and themes of the story itself.

Mea might want to do it but I'm not sure she actually enjoys it, as shown on the page where she's helping Aise out of the bathtub and Aise sees Mea's tired expression (which she quickly turns into a smile). That was what ultimately prompted Aise to tell Mea to stop caring for her. So yeah, Mea is gonna have a breakdown sooner or later at that rate. Mea just doesn't know any other way to get close to people than to taking care of them.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

After ch46 Minori and Koko have both finally sucked each other's breasts. Now that's some high level relationships goals.

Hexa
School Zone discussion 12 May 01:48
Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I can't tell if what Matsuri feels towards Kishiya is love or just pure and undistilled admiration.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I don't follow this story much anymore (but I'm pretty excited with the spin off with magical girls! didja see it?)

There's a spinoff manga with magical-girl lolis?

Where can I read it???

And this is the series description: Spin-off of Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu. Same degeneracy, but with magical girls.

https://mangadex.org/title/bd7fc050-7cc5-4fc7-98d9-69677e2362b9/tokimeke-mahou-youjo-kokopure

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 4:42PM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Was that random spanish text on p76 intentional?

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Can someone tell me from which chapter is the flashback shown on page 150?

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I feel like I have read this one before.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

For those who still don't know, this manga now has a spin-off -> https://mangadex.org/chapter/acafc7f0-ee8e-4f10-99e3-e6d48785415e

Hexa
Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

This chapter had some good high quality unadulterated pain right at the end.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I don't know why new chapters aren't uploaded yet since new group is active and working on it. Last extra chapter of volume 7 was uploaded 4 days ago. I'll just assume Fe Scans didn't give permission to show those chapters on Dynasty Reader.
So if anyone want to read this Beautifully Amazing Manga just go to MangaDex, I did and can't get enough of cute Coco-chan and Minori-San thirst for Lolis

For what it's worth, I joined their discord during the mangadex shutdown and they were looking for alternative places to upload their series, in the end they waited for mangadex to come back but it didn't look like they'd reject and invitation to upload somewhere else. They also worked on a hitou hachi doujin and a onee yuri anthology.

Hexa
Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I still can't tell if they are actually dating or are just too dumb to care.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Am I the only one who is sadder about her losing her powers? That's a pretty cool power that has a lot of untapped potential.

I think it is more like a curse that can affect her everyday life in horrible ways and condition her to see relationships with a narrow field of view. Too much responsibility for a teenage girl honestly

Any good power requires training. She needs to sit down and start taking notes and analyzing what the shapes/color intensity/number/etc means regarding the love that a given person has. Once you get all figure out you can start blackmailing and manipulating people into doing your bidding.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Am I the only one who is sadder about her losing her powers? That's a pretty cool power that has a lot of untapped potential.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

All I can think about is that those mini spy cameras don't work like that, they just have a few hours of battery and only the most expensive ones can stream to internet, the rest only record to an sd card.

Hexa
Yuru Oyako discussion 15 May 14:27
Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Volume 1 is out
English: https://yurihub.booth.pm/items/2963647
Japanese: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B093WYL3M3

I'm planning to buy the volume, just one question. After the purchase do I get to download the volume as images or does is uses a reader like Amazon?

The Booth version is a PDF file.

Thanks.

last edited at May 15, 2021 2:27PM

Hexa
Yuru Oyako discussion 14 May 23:35
Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Volume 1 is out
English: https://yurihub.booth.pm/items/2963647
Japanese: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B093WYL3M3

I'm planning to buy the volume, just one question. After the purchase do I get to download the volume as images or does is uses a reader like Amazon?

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Am I the only one who finds the translation a bit hard to read? Like some parts don't "connect"?

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Hexa posted:

Problem is, that not all the yuri series are being uploaded to Dynasty. For example, all of squiggles works or the latest OneeLoli anthology, among others. I have checked the r/manga reddit in hopes of seeing them there but nothing, and following dozens of discord channels is just too bothersome. So yeah, I really wish Mangadex will come back faster.

Could you point out to me the OneeLoli anthology we're missing?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=156339

I discovered it when I was searching for more works of Mikanuji (the author of Fuzoroi no Renri)

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

How have you all been dealing with Mangadex Hiatus? they announced yesterday that more time is needed to make it work properly, so it could take more weeks, is understandable.

Lots of cheap sites has been exposed, with MD gone, their content has been reduced dramatically (because they can't use their bots to copy) and there's many fansubs in my language that relied on the english versions to translate afterwards so I'm missing a lot but thanks to Dynasty and Mangaplus I can cope with it, they have the most vital content hehe.

Problem is, that not all the yuri series are being uploaded to Dynasty. For example, all of squiggles works or the latest OneeLoli anthology, among others. I have checked the r/manga reddit in hopes of seeing them there but nothing, and following dozens of discord channels is just too bothersome. So yeah, I really wish Mangadex will come back faster.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Well, it kinda funny, that from which site you buy that book, you getting another art-cards(sheets)

I found a nice relation-sheet of all characters: https://i.imgur.com/EZ5s0C3.png

Drew that myself, actually. Didn't include it cos I was too lazy/shitty at drawing flowcharts.

Can we get an upgraded version of that chart including the chapter that made X line appear? This is such a mess that just the lines aren't enough to make me remember which character is which, so also having the chapter that made X relationship line appear in the chart would be nice to go back and reread that particular chapter.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 4:06AM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I’m all in for age gap romances but I just don’t like the execution in this one. The high school girl having crush after crush until finally someone didn’t flat out reject her and then going on the attack until she finally breaks through and lands a hit, makes me think that anyone would have sufficed as long as they were cute and didn’t seem to be too much against the idea. Then keeping it a secret and all that just to drop the ball on the son when they have technically been dating for 2 years already... I dunno, it just doesn’t sit right for me. Still cute, tho.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 1:13AM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I get that the scanlation team dropped this, but is this chapter the last chapter available or there is even more untranslated chapters?