Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

More angst to forget that there is still the co-worker who want husband's D who had a photo of the 2 MC kissing. I know normally it goes "Don't stick your dick in crazy" but here it's more "Don't let the crazy stick his dick in you"

last edited at Mar 15, 2020 9:02PM

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Reading the comments to this manga is almost always a mistake.

This comment section is NOT like a box of chocolates; I always know what to expect.

It's gotten worse lol

Comment sections are often a mess in general. Dynasty comment sections are often a really huge mess I've noticed. I've had some disagreements with people as well admittedly, of course not everyone is going to see eye to eye, but good lord the comments on this manga are the worst I've seen in a long time. It's just a horrible mess that gets worse every time a new chapter drops.

I just think because the manga is hurtfully real and so triggering hence everybody trying to find a way to release their emotions, including me by commenting.

Was just about to say the same. This manga is more like an LGBT comic than your usual yuri which is usually just two girls blushing, happiness and "no men" which is important to them. A lot of people are not used to it, I guess.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well that's generally the big difference between Highschool Yuri and Adult Life Yuri. The first generally try to tell a first love story with 2 girls with no experiences in love when the other have generally two girls with some experiences, mostly bad ones. Would come to no one surprised to know that this manga is a josei and not a seinen/shounen.

Kiddyland_sailor_waddle_dee
joined Dec 16, 2018

Yuri manga like this would have a lot more credence if they were at least /set/ in an earlier, less tolerant period.
Doea there rly need to be this much heteronormative self hate in a modern Tokyo setting where, last time I checked, gay marriage is legal?

Gay marriage is not legally recognized in Japan. Some cities, including districts within Tokyo, will issue partnership certificates, not necessarily recognized by other such districts, and which don't convey any legal rights or protection (but a hospital or landlord might choose to honor one). Polls show some broad support for acceptance of gays, but as of 2019, the ruling LDP still had seated members calling gays "unproductive". National law still doesn't ban employment or housing discrimination based on sexuality.

I see nothing implausible about someone's background or family being steeped in heteronormativity, still.

And the new girl is living at home on some rural island, just the sort of setting to be more conservative. Even if her parents don't care she may not know that, and doesn't want to risk finding out.

Wikipedia says

"Same-sex couples are not allowed to legally adopt in Japan. Lesbian couples and single women are unable to access IVF and artificial insemination.[26]

In April 2017, Osaka officially recognised a same-sex couple as foster parents, making it the first such case in Japan."

I guess it's still a lot more dire in Japan than I thought. But still it would be nice for a manga like this to interrogate the issue more deeply than "ahah im so sad I have to date/marry a man". You can have a voice to call out that bs.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Reading the comments to this manga is almost always a mistake.

This comment section is NOT like a box of chocolates; I always know what to expect.

It's gotten worse lol

Comment sections are often a mess in general. Dynasty comment sections are often a really huge mess I've noticed. I've had some disagreements with people as well admittedly, of course not everyone is going to see eye to eye, but good lord the comments on this manga are the worst I've seen in a long time. It's just a horrible mess that gets worse every time a new chapter drops.

I just think because the manga is hurtfully real and so triggering hence everybody trying to find a way to release their emotions, including me by commenting.

Was just about to say the same. This manga is more like an LGBT comic than your usual yuri which is usually just two girls blushing, happiness and "no men" which is important to them. A lot of people are not used to it, I guess.

A lot of romance stories period are fantastical in nature, idealistic romance that people themselves likely never experience. In books, movies, anything, and with any sexuality, gay, straight, so fourth. I personally don't think think that makes them less LGBT+, or whatever sexuality the romance is focusing on. I think just some story creators, and their audience, simply want a romance story that's straightforward and cute. None of the regular hardships most people experience in life. Life is already hard enough, so I don't view wanting something cozy to read as a bad thing.

Also I don't know if a person can really say that this manga is so much more realistic. The husband is a cartoon villain in the most ridiculous ways. Maybe people disagree with me, and that's fine. As I said previously, not everyone sees eye to eye.

joined Apr 29, 2018

getting back to the manga it seems that maybe in chapter 11 things will turn bad. because the translator said that they were crying during the translation and they were at chapter 11 so i think this involve komari( maybe she will comit suicide or worse stay with the man and make the same as stupid midori)

last edited at Mar 15, 2020 10:17PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

A lot of romance stories period are fantastical in nature, idealistic romance that people themselves likely never experience. In books, movies, anything, and with any sexuality, gay, straight, so fourth. I personally don't think think that makes them less LGBT+, or whatever sexuality the romance is focusing on. I think just some story creators, and their audience, simply want a romance story that's straightforward and cute. None of the regular hardships most people experience in life. Life is already hard enough, so I don't view wanting something cozy to read as a bad thing.

Also I don't know if a person can really say that this manga is so much more realistic. The husband is a cartoon villain in the most ridiculous ways. Maybe people disagree with me, and that's fine. As I said previously, not everyone sees eye to eye.

I do think they meant it fits less into the pure 'romance' you get with the typical school girl sorta yuri, while a thing labeled 'LGBT' might cover more drama orientated issues rather than just pure romance. I feel a distinction is less than necessary tbh, trying to box Yuri/GLs into just 'pure and light drama narratives about falling in love' feels weird to me, especially when so much can encompass two women falling in love, particularly well, more dramatic and messy works like this one.

Eeh, I've had a misfortune of knowing abusive men and I've talked to plenty of women who've shared that misfortune and you'd be surprised. Tazune is honestly tame compared to some shit I know about. >_>

Also y'all REALLY need to chill on calling women stupid because they're dealing with comphet, it's misogynistic imho. Komari's trying to prevent what might basically lead to her ostracization by pretending to be straight, which given she lives on a small island. If you think outing yourself in what could be an incredibly hostile environment is a smart idea, I don't know what you think is smart or stupid, but it's wrong.

Midori fully believed in the notion that she had to grow up, get a husband, and have a kid because of societal pressures and gender roles, it's really not her fault for following a script. When something's told to your entire life, it's difficult to feel otherwise.

last edited at Mar 15, 2020 10:30PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

getting back to the manga it seems that maybe in chapter 11 things will turn bad. because the translator said that they were crying during the translation and they were at chapter 11 so i think this involve komari( maybe she will comit suicide or worse stay with the man and make the same as stupid midori)

Not that dark but still Co-worker have shown the photo, husband get mad and punch MC in the face. In a more normal case a.k.a husband being a nice person being, I will have been not really that hard with the cheated husband has in itself it will have been normal to be mad but that's a total different matter here.

Do they get a happy end?

Not spoilerbut Mangaupdate listed it as ongoing with 14 chapters so we don't know yet if they have an happy end. Maybe it will be like It's like a Spring Storm and MC will "kidnapp" Midori and run away with her at the marriage.

last edited at Mar 15, 2020 10:29PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Badis decided they really didn't fit in here at Dynasty Scans and are going to concentrate on bettering themselves.

Somewhere else.

Far from here.

Forever.

Everyone else, pretend this never happened, please. They'd want it that way.

Thanks, Nez.

In a world where things sometimes seem to always get worse and worse, a timely appearance by Nezchan can really make things go better.

joined Mar 8, 2020

Not spoilerbut Mangaupdate listed it as ongoing with 14 chapters so we don't know yet if they have an happy end. Maybe it will be like It's like a Spring Storm and MC will "kidnapp" Midori and run away with her at the marriage.

latest chapter is 15, with 16 coming out in march 25th for what bookwalker show https://bookwalker.jp/series/178741/

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Not that dark but still Co-worker have shown the photo, husband get mad and punch MC in the face. In a more normal case a.k.a husband being a nice person being, I will have been not really that hard with the cheated husband has in itself it will have been normal to be mad but that's a total different matter here.

Hoo boy I'm getting a headache already by thinking about the way this thread is going to explode when that happens.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Badis decided they really didn't fit in here at Dynasty Scans and are going to concentrate on bettering themselves.

Somewhere else.

Far from here.

Forever.

Everyone else, pretend this never happened, please. They'd want it that way.

Thanks, Nez.

In a world where things sometimes seem to always get worse and worse, a timely appearance by Nezchan can really make things go better.

To be frank (and who wouldn't want to be Frank, he's a hell of a guy), I think I did come in a little later than I should have. Apologies for that.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Funny thing is, relative to previous chapters, this one was comparatively drama free. I was fully expecting Komari to kiss/come onto Maki after walking out on the land bridge with her, but that fortunately didn't happen.

And yeah, thanks Nez. It's a sign of the times, but I've been noticing more and more misogynistic comments and attitudes seeping into this place. Now more than ever, you're the bulwark we rely on.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This chapter was pretty interesting

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I’ve only known Komari for one chapter, but if she doesn’t get a girlfriend I’m killing every man in this manga and then myself.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I’ve only known Komari for one chapter, but if she doesn’t get a girlfriend I’m killing every man in this manga and then myself.

I'm with you. Double suicide, let's go.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Komari :(
We can’t get some happiness in here pls???

joined Jun 12, 2019

Mood

70c3f8ab-421d-4a3a-a7dd-10f3027d0f65
joined Mar 2, 2020

Unpopular opinion but Midori should stay on her own. She is having a child and is unable to be romantically alone. That kid will have it rough if she doesn't get better.

joined Feb 14, 2013

Funny thing is, relative to previous chapters, this one was comparatively drama free. I was fully expecting Komari to kiss/come onto Maki after walking out on the land bridge with her, but that fortunately didn't happen.

And yeah, thanks Nez. It's a sign of the times, but I've been noticing more and more misogynistic comments and attitudes seeping into this place. Now more than ever, you're the bulwark we rely on.

It really is a shame, but I suppose the attitudes I've seen in the comment sections here the last couple years are a result of folks thinking that the very ground they stand on is a platform for argument. Nez may well be our only hope.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I could be wrong here, but can you really be mad at a young girl for experimenting in romance? She's a kid still figuring out how to be honest with herself. Sure it's not fair to her "boyfriend" but people hurt each other all the time. I get she was probably pushing a lot of her issues into her support of Maki's romance, but hat doesn't mean her sympathy to Maki wasnt real. It's just always easier to give advice than to take it.

Edit: grammar

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 1:27AM

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

I knew from the start that Komari would have some issues of her own too and I wish I could save all 3 of em

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 4:24AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

Uh, okay.

That's a way to look at it I guess.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I know she got banned, but, if you're reading this, @Badis:

Now you know that Dynasty Reader is much harder to successfully infiltrate than your average online community. Hopefully you and your bigotted friends will collectively learn from your example and try to avoid attempting such infiltrations for years to come.

To reply you must either login or sign up.