Forum › Posts by RatInTime

RatInTime
Kiddyland_sailor_waddle_dee
joined Dec 16, 2018

Kase puts Run Club over GF for the 100000000th time. Still not as annoying as the Inoue plot from the first series at least?

RatInTime
joined Dec 16, 2018

Hey all. Its me. The person who sees everyone gushing over the chapter and decides to jump in and say its bad actually

joined Dec 16, 2018

The Yuni-Nanase dynamic is very grounded and would honestly make a great story by itself. Having it mashed together with pixie stalker girl who talks about like caterpillars or something is a pretty big letdown.

RatInTime
Liberty discussion 22 Feb 11:01
joined Dec 16, 2018

Is this on hiatus?

There's a reason I translate a chapter every 3 months: it's because it comes out every 3 months. The next issue of Galette will come out later this month.

Major annoyance beyond anything anything else is it's quarterly updates, but the chapters are still pretty short and you feel like nothing sustantive has happened. Can we at least get 30 pages

RatInTime
joined Dec 16, 2018

Yuri manga like this would have a lot more credence if they were at least /set/ in an earlier, less tolerant period.
Doea there rly need to be this much heteronormative self hate in a modern Tokyo setting where, last time I checked, gay marriage is legal?

Gay marriage is not legally recognized in Japan. Some cities, including districts within Tokyo, will issue partnership certificates, not necessarily recognized by other such districts, and which don't convey any legal rights or protection (but a hospital or landlord might choose to honor one). Polls show some broad support for acceptance of gays, but as of 2019, the ruling LDP still had seated members calling gays "unproductive". National law still doesn't ban employment or housing discrimination based on sexuality.

I see nothing implausible about someone's background or family being steeped in heteronormativity, still.

And the new girl is living at home on some rural island, just the sort of setting to be more conservative. Even if her parents don't care she may not know that, and doesn't want to risk finding out.

Wikipedia says

"Same-sex couples are not allowed to legally adopt in Japan. Lesbian couples and single women are unable to access IVF and artificial insemination.[26]

In April 2017, Osaka officially recognised a same-sex couple as foster parents, making it the first such case in Japan."

I guess it's still a lot more dire in Japan than I thought. But still it would be nice for a manga like this to interrogate the issue more deeply than "ahah im so sad I have to date/marry a man". You can have a voice to call out that bs.

RatInTime
joined Dec 16, 2018

Yuri manga like this would have a lot more credence if they were at least /set/ in an earlier, less tolerant period.
Doea there rly need to be this much heteronormative self hate in a modern Tokyo setting where, last time I checked, gay marriage is legal?