Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

joined Mar 13, 2020

Tbh, same. I'll just have a trans guy head canon for Kanda for now. If you tweak some of the dialogue a bit it can pass as a kinda stressful but fun trans manga

Is the misunderstanding that annoying? I guess we all have different thresholds. To me 'headcanon' always feels weird, like once I start changing things why not change more or just do it all in my head?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Tbh, same. I'll just have a trans guy head canon for Kanda for now. If you tweak some of the dialogue a bit it can pass as a kinda stressful but fun trans manga

Is the misunderstanding that annoying? I guess we all have different thresholds. To me 'headcanon' always feels weird, like once I start changing things why not change more or just do it all in my head?

Yeah I'm genuinely not a fan of head canon most of the time. You might as well just write your own story if you're going to change the entire narrative. Especially since it's clear that she still identifies as female, she just doesn't want her girlfriend to break up with her from finding out that she's not a guy.

If you're just going to rewrite the manga to her being trans, you're changing the entire narrative of this particular story, and changing what the character is. The entire core concept of the story changes, and at that point you might as well just write your own story with your own characters, one about a trans character that's nervous about their girlfriend finding out that their trans, and make it focused on that. This story is however not that in the slightest. I can't stop people from doing head canon of course, but I just personally think it doesn't work in a case like this.

Edit: That said though, I definitely think the story needs to get the reveal over with. Progress the characters through that point, see how their dynamic changes. Have them communicate.

last edited at Mar 13, 2020 3:47AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

TBH this manga is wearing out one gag pretty fast, I think there’s more interesting—admittedly, more difficult to write, but interesting—territory this could turn into.

I’ll stick around though because Kanda is super super attractive.

joined Nov 14, 2014

Even two of his guy friends look kinda androgynous. Also...
"Wait, Kanda's a girl right?" THAT's your first reaction? xD

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

I hope the reveal is before chapter 70.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Reading this manga gives me war flashbacks of when I dated a straight girl for 10 years x_x

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Maybe the misunderstanding can evolve at least to keep its comedic theme. Idk Something has to change soon. Like maybe Ookuma accepts that Kanda is a girl, but so many of her friends and family already know Kanda as a dude. So the two of them start to keep up pretenses together, then eventually coming out as a queer couple.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm getting kind of worried about the reveal at this point. It's getting harder and harder to enjoy without thinking about what's going to happen when Kanda is revealed to be a lady

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Even two of his guy friends look kinda androgynous. Also...

hahaha kanda's poor confused friends lol

joined Apr 29, 2018

"i knew guys would be better at these games"?okay... ookuma you're wrong on so many levels... -_-

last edited at Mar 13, 2020 4:15AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I want a story about Kandas friends, who seem to be like assassins or spies by their appearances

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I think the misunderstanding has overstayed it's welcome already. I'd enjoy this a lot more if this was Transgender

This story becomes a lot more exploitative if you view Kanda as trans, a story about a trans person fighting to avoid being clocked each week plaid for comedy is shitty.

Besides Kanda has expressed no interest in being a guy past being able to date straight girls....which is like a classic lesbian mood

last edited at Mar 13, 2020 4:45AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

She can’t be that dumb xD

joined Mar 4, 2017

I can't wait to see her explain this to get friends. :D

Also, I get the desire to see them move on, but I'm okay with them stretching it out a little more.

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

this would be so wholesome if Ookuma knew :(( hope the reveals happens soon and well, they stay together

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

How dense is Ookuma to not be able to catch the fact that Kanda's guy-friends actually stated she was girl...?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

These Comments are Weaksauce

joined Dec 5, 2019

that guy friend with the long hair should totally be a girl, glorious cool tomboy she would be...sigh...but it's ok, Kanda's got that covered

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

It would be so wholesome if Ookuma already realized that she is a girl and just thought that she is trans (so a he) and just wanted "him" to be free to be who he is.

Thoooough, never gonna happen.

joined Mar 4, 2017

Man. People really fixated on the trans angle...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Are people forgetting that Ookuma is A Sheltered Girl? It's in the title.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"Sheltered" is being mistaken for "extremely stupid" by the author.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I wouldn't go as far as that. But yes, "sheltered" is usually used to basically say "extremely naive".

joined Sep 5, 2018

I guess heteronormativity goes a long way if you’d question the gender of someone you’ve known for a while rather than consider the possibility of a same-sex relationship.

Stupid is not the same as naïve or gullible, which I think fit her better.

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

That hand looks gigantic...

To reply you must either login or sign up.