Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

joined Nov 14, 2014

Lizards eating cakes and Kanda and Oukuma not being sisters. What is Mochiverse coming to?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

And now Kanda doing on purpose. AT each chapter, i will remind that Ookuma said she was ok with Kanda being a girl and so the only reason the misunderstand is still running is because of Kanda herself and her internal homophoby. But you can't go on and onlike that without any trouble. And you can't tell me nobody will call Kanda as a girl, i refuse to believe that everyone outside her family think Kanda is a boy. I just want to see thr truth being spilled by someone else and Kanda facing the consequences. And i mean reallyfacing the consequence and not some bullshit with no drama.

And I will direct you to Jeanne Mathison's earlier post on the matter.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Can someone please remind me why do we have a lizard tag? xD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For when stories have lizards.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And now Kanda doing on purpose. AT each chapter, i will remind that Ookuma said she was ok with Kanda being a girl and so the only reason the misunderstand is still running is because of Kanda herself and her internal homophoby. But you can't go on and onlike that without any trouble. And you can't tell me nobody will call Kanda as a girl, i refuse to believe that everyone outside her family think Kanda is a boy. I just want to see thr truth being spilled by someone else and Kanda facing the consequences. And i mean really facing the consequence and not some bullshit with no drama.

And I will direct you to Jeanne Mathison's earlier post on the matter.

Why would she lie thought ? Why put that line then ? We never back on that statement since then. What even was the point of that line if that's change nothing of the matter ? Kanda ask about it and Ookuma don't seem against it so why didn't she tell her on the spot after that ? It's even worse if it's false to me. Ookume don't seem to be the type of blayantly lying about anything so i don't see why she would have lie here.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I live in a very urbanized city but there are a lot of animals everywhere,
like monkeys, crocodiles, various kinds of lizards, snakes, opossums, capybaras, etc.

Snakes? Crocodiles?? Everywhere???
Should we send a rescue party to get you out?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

like monkeys, crocodiles, various kinds of lizards, snakes, opossums, capybaras, etc.

It's probably Australia so i'm guessing it's normal.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Or Florida

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Capybaras are South American so my guess would be Brazil ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Or Florida

Those are alligators, not crocodiles. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some stray capybaras somewhere in Florida (some of just about everything gets loose now and then), but they're native to elsewhere too.

Now, cockroaches the size of small dogs--Florida's got those.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 1:17PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Likely due to the existence of not lizard.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 1:30PM

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

Or Florida

Those are alligators, not crocodiles. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some stray capybaras somewhere in Florida (some of just about everything gets loose now and then), but they're native to elsewhere too.

Now, cockroaches the size of small dogs--Florida's got those.

florida has saltwater crocs

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Capybaras are South American so my guess would be Brazil ^^

Brazil ain't got no opossums, tho?

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 1:58PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

Ah, I too was going to say that you only find carpinchos in South America, but Pyoro beat me to it. Oh well.

That was a fun guessing game. I suppose the rescue party is no longer needed. XD

... That said, I wouldn't mind using the argument "We need to save our friend who is surrounded by crocodiles!" as an excuse for a holiday in Brazil. Hmm...

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 2:37PM

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Slowly disliking Kanda

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I am enjoying this seemingly gradual influx of reptiles and amphibians in the lives of fictional lesbian lovers. I think there's one in luminous=blue and another in Hanegare.
Do carry on.

last edited at Feb 19, 2020 2:23AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

miniature dinosaurs

Uh... Dude, I think you got the wrong class of animal (it's not lizards, but birds who are the last remaining dinaosaurs)

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Man the lizard tag is getting more mileage than I thought it would, and at this point kanda is intentionally misleading her come on

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I've wondered, does Kanda consistently just use "watashi"? It was my impression that most dudes would only use that in more polite neutral company and would use "ore" much more commonly (and "boku" with very close circles). Cuz if Kanda is using "watashi" all the time I have to wonder why her dingbat girlfriend isn't wondering why "he" is using such polite speech despite dating. lol

joined Jan 6, 2017

I've wondered, does Kanda consistently just use "watashi"? It was my impression that most dudes would only use that in more polite neutral company and would use "ore" much more commonly (and "boku" with very close circles). Cuz if Kanda is using "watashi" all the time I have to wonder why her dingbat girlfriend isn't wondering why "he" is using such polite speech despite dating. lol

Many guys use boku instead of ore and some girls use boku too. Girls using boku can be considered a bit weird by some people, but they do use it. What pronouns one uses can be a part of their gender expression (usually masculine girls are more likely to use boku). And she could also use some other pronoun that exists in Japanese (f. atashi, f. ucchi, m. washi, m. jibun, f. atai, f/m. ora, m. oira, and many others)
Moral of the story: don't even try to understand Japanese pronouns, you'll just get a head ache.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Many guys use boku instead of ore and some girls use boku too. Girls using boku can be considered a bit weird by some people, but they do use it. What pronouns one uses can be a part of their gender expression (usually masculine girls are more likely to use boku). And she could also use some other pronoun that exists in Japanese (f. atashi, f. ucchi, m. washi, m. jibun, f. atai, f/m. ora, m. oira, and many others)
Moral of the story: don't even try to understand Japanese pronouns, you'll just get a head ache.

I think most of those others are pretty uncommon, though, and uncommon pronouns don't seem to fit with this particular story. (Unlike, say, Bou-chan from Virgin's Empire who uses a wacky archaeic one but it fits her character.) I guess I should've been a tad more concise with my probably pointless curiosity: Is Kanda using watashi or boku? Because I know boku can be used by "tomboys" and would certainly explain a bit further why Kanda is being mistakenly gendered.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Slowly disliking Kanda

I agree with this sentiment. She is a bit overprotective, like I didn't see Ookuma doing anything particularly dangerous when the lizard crawled over her foot. It seemed like Kanda knocked her over rather than her just falling down. Plus it bugs me that she's actively hiding being a woman now instead of trying to convince her that she's not a man. Not Mochi's best work.

last edited at Feb 19, 2020 9:20AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Come on. The "misunderstanding" is the whole premise of the manga.

You remove it with Kanda stripping for proving she's a girl, it's over, because then they either breakup of continue their relationship, The End.

It's a comedy, not a drama with aaaaangst...

joined Jan 6, 2017

I think most of those others are pretty uncommon, though

True. Ucchi is pretty common in the kansai region, atashi and atai are also pretty common, and the others aren't that uncommon either (depending on the dialect and some other things).
And she does use ore (at least after they started dating, I didn't check the whole story to see if she uses a different pronoun when thinking or talking to someone else)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

And she does use ore

Well then wtf she really can't complain too much then ahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.