Forum › The Mute Girl and Her New Friend discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

^ well then here you go.

Thanks, actually sounds like it might be an interesting read.

joined Apr 6, 2019

School might also have a ban against smartphones (unless they were in a scene somewhere, I didn't check). Either way I wouldn't be surprised if some genuinely preferred this method.

I may be just getting old, but phones are primarily associated with calling people for me, so a mute person having one didn't even come to mind as a possibility. Might be the same for her and/or her parents as well, so even if it actually does have useful features, they'd just dismiss it as a silly idea without even realizing there's more to it.

Of course, tablets might still be a similar good idea with a more readable screen for "talking" with people.

Oh, it IS a good idea. I remember there exist lcd writing/drawing pads (or tablets) which are particularly and specifically designed for deaf-mute people communication.

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 10:21PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

"Not yet". My sides xD Also cute!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

These two are so damn adorable. Every new chapter just makes my day.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

When the app ships you

joined Jun 1, 2016

App best wingman

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I give up.

Mind-reading in this universe obviously serves no other purpose than to help you befriend cute 'n adorable mute girls and make them happy.

I'll never bring up the idea of using it to win at mahjong (and get filthy rich) again.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

That wing-app probably really could read mind, and chose to show those messages to mess with the girls and trick them into showing more intimate thoughts :))

I'm late to the discussion, but I want to chime in that uncontrolable automatic mindreading would be super distracting and stressing, with all the stuffs going through one's head everyday, be it mundane, trivial, boring, useful, useless, deranged or otherwise unsavoury (I'd pity any hapless telepath who couldn't turn the power off in my vincinity), multiplied by how many people the telepath must be reading.
It could get worse if those thoughts' subject is the telepath themself, like the MC in Mousou Telepathy, who must endure all the erotic imaginations from the classmate who has a crush on her, everyday :))

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Not yet". My sides xD Also cute!

Always a great line to see. ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I need this shipping app

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Her tsundere side is showing itself again, which my different inner selves are in disagreement on how to feel on it. Nevertheless, they're all in agreement that the chapter and series in general are just are just too cute, and that I will always like it.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I like this little gem. It always puts me in a good mood, and now that I've read the latest chapter, I think I am in a good enough mood to deal with all the 'idjits' (myself included) doing last minute Christmas shopping ugh!

joined Sep 13, 2018

"i love you
you are te best"

hoo ok then

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuttttttteeeeeeeee!!

joined Apr 6, 2019

Bring me my insulin shot. Make it snappy. Dying here.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Good point about phone ban though, though in her case they might grant her special permission.

laughs in Japanese cultural obsession with conformity and trampling over "special needs"

Seriously, Japan's society sucks when it comes to this sort of stuff. Out of sight, out of mind, and if you dare beg for special treatment you get ostracized for your selfishness no matter what.

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 4:47PM

joined Apr 5, 2018

I love this series. So cute... Please never end

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

"Wanna play a game?"

When I read this I immediately heard Jigsaw's "Would you like to play a game?" in my head. Certainly would have been an interesting turn...

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 5:00PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

Not yet huh ok I need more of this cuteness

joined Dec 4, 2017

i am having diabetes every time i read this

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I love this series. So cute... Please never end

Second that.

It's got a great balance of comedy, cuteness and fluff.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I give up.

Mind-reading in this universe obviously serves no other purpose than to help you befriend cute 'n adorable mute girls and make them happy.

I'll never bring up the idea of using it to win at mahjong (and get filthy rich) again.

It could happen and it could not, either way its outside the scope of the story so you would never see it

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Everything in yuri is for the advancement of yuri. Don't think too much of it.

joined Apr 18, 2018

Good point about phone ban though, though in her case they might grant her special permission.

laughs in Japanese cultural obsession with conformity and trampling over "special needs"

Seriously, Japan's society sucks when it comes to this sort of stuff. Out of sight, out of mind, and if you dare beg for special treatment you get ostracized for your selfishness no matter what.

Is this really the right place for you to be hating on whatever whatever Japan is doing? Go up to 4chan or something. People are just trying to enjoy a cute manga here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Japanese attitudes about disability in reference to possible developments in the story are absolutely on topic here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.