Forum › Posts by MarqFJA87

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

SouthLuke posted:

new chapter launched on raw, a new villain , a mirror armor of rapid rabbit , the user is based on hatsune miku

Is the concept of spoilers lost on you? -_-

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

Oh boy, this is gonna turn into a Itou Hachi comment section, isn't it?

It already has. With people claiming this is basically slavery, mentioning pedophilia, wish fulfilment, and so fourth. I'm sure we can go deeper with the Itou Hachi comment type sections, but yeah this entire series is going to be full of the usual comments.

Personally, I would've slammed the banhammer on those posts and warned them to stop importing drama from other threads, and if they really wanted to argue such matters they should just make a dedicated thread to that instead of barging their way into other threads like this one to shout their complaints. Nobody forces them to read this, and what they're doing is essentially kinkshaming under a moralistic guise.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Can we at least remove the defunct link?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

luinthoron posted:

Did Chibi get a gender swap? I always thought it was a guy, and I could've sworn they used male pronouns before this chapter. Was it a translation error or something the author did. Also, I am positively in love with this series and want more, is the translation all up to date, or can I buy more?

Wasn't it a part of the plot? They thinking it was a male then realizing that it was female?

You two didn't look at the note on the credits page, I guess.

A lot of readers sadly just skip the credits page altogether, assuming it to always contain what they consider to be "irrelevant information". This is why I don't bother being polite at all and instead let my condescension be clear when I tell such people that whatever they're asking about is already explained in the credits page: It's a mark of utterly inexcusable laziness that they couldn't be bothered to just click one more time and give the page a quick once-over to see if there's anything in it that's not the names of the people who worked on the chapter, links to the group's site/Discord server, where to buy the official material and so on.

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 10:43AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

TopKoak posted:

Wait. She remembers what happened after it wears off.
That provides new context for chapter 1 and 2

or mochi created a plothole

Didn't she just regain her senses while mostly naked and being asked to strip, so she got mad over that and figured out the rest after?

Yeah, it seems obvious to me that she simply deduced what happened from the fact that the last thing she remembers is drinking that alleged "jasmine tea" and suddenly feeling all hot and bothered, followed by a long gap in her memory, before "waking up" to find herself in the middle of cosplaying naughty outfits for her friend, and probably recalling her previous two experiences as an outside observer to the effects of the love potion on other people.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I love the KoguMAD expression we got. And laughed at Hino finally giving in at the end... then pulling a Raoh on us for extra comedy.

GreenTomato posted:

Well that was gay

In other news, water is wet. XD

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

There is a pre-serialized version on Pixiv that's, how you say, less mutually unrequited.

... I don't suppose anyone has translated that?

I've got a translation over in the /u/ TL thread archive.

... And it's just sitting there???

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

gwennie-chan posted:

Dude you like them. Just admit it. Baka.

Ushiwaka doesn't necessarily like Ryuugasaki, though. Like the crossdresser himself had pointed out, it's possible to find someone cute or beautiful without any romantic feelings being involved; Ushiwaka's problem is that so far he's incapable of comprehending that possibility.

Also, you don't have to use gender-neutral nouns for any of the drag club members. There's no actual transgenderness involved in their motives for crossdressing; even Ryuugasaki by all accounts crossdresses simply because he finds it makes him carino (or whatever other Italian adjective he might use) whereas masculine modes of dress don't suit his tastes. The accurate term to apply her is gender variance or gender-nonconformity, which may involve transgender but isn't limited to it as it's purely concerned with gender expression rather than gender identity (i.e. "gender-variant cisgender" is perfectly possible).

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

I can’t take it. I’m going to write chapter 11 myself and make them confess to each other.

There is a pre-serialized version on Pixiv that's, how you say, less mutually unrequited.

... I don't suppose anyone has translated that?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm guessing that the girl having barely a day left before dying is probably because her implied clumsiness is destined to put her in a position where she gets accidentally killed by that time, whether from falling down a flight the stairs and breaking her neck or getting run over by a car. Kotobuki accepting her confession would logically imply that she would have some sort of effect on the girl's routine that averts that deadly event (could be as "simple" as the girl not being at that location entirely, or could be that Kotobuki in the right time and place to save the girl's life).

Furthermore, by the girl's line after the confession, I suspect that had she been rejected, she would've been driven into such a deep grief that she might have outright died from it within mere hours or even minutes (i.e. the clock would've abruptly run down by several hours in the span of seconds); as clumsy as she seems to be, it wouldn't be implausible that the rejection-induced despair would put her in such a daze that she'd quickly find herself absent-mindedly walking straight into the path of a speeding car and getting fatally hit.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Nevos posted:

I find it funny that it still has that name even though it's got nothing to do with it anymore.

See, this is why I requested on MangaDex that the story be split so that the post-skirt shrinking pages form their own sequel series, under the provisional title of "Plainy and Gyaru".

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 1:18PM

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 31 Oct 08:55
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
84772776_p0

Paimon got THICC thighs.

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 31 Oct 08:54
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
77591394_p0

Wait, we don't have a Nekopara tag? WTH???

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

For those surprised about the dark-haired girl being the gyaru... You're thinking of kuro-gyaru and manba-gyaru, which only form a subset of gyaru.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

You know, a non-trivial issue with determining someone's sexual orientation is the need to have a clear definition of what is the attraction depends on. Is it to one's gender regardless of their sex? Is it to their sex regardless of their gender? Is to one or more specific combinations of sex and gender? Settle that first, and then you could try answering the question "What is this person/character's sexual orientation?"

Relatedly, one could replace "homosexual" and "heterosexual" with "androphiliac" (attracted to males) and "gynophiliac" (attracted to females).

ckretaznmayden posted:

Ooh, I'm pretty interested in a queer relationship sequel focused on the bandmate and sibling.

You know you can use "brother" since Mizuki explicitly referred to Naru as such, right?

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 5:33AM

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Throbelisk posted:

Imgur

K...Katou-san?

... She really does resemble her, doesn't she?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Omega Deuse posted:

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Or Naru could be a cisgender male who is simply gender-variant, i.e. diverges in his behavior and/or gender expression from the norms for masculinity and femininity (which is not limited to transgender people) by having a decided preference for adopting a very feminine appearance while not putting much thought into what label he should identify with, and he's acknowledging the fact that he's diverging from gender norms.

For your information, the Japanese line that Naru said is "まぁ 性別上は". Japanese doesn't actually differentiate between "gender" and "sex" in its native vocabulary, using 性別 for both (although it seems to primarily mean biological sex); the only available alternative for when distinction is necessary is ジェンダー, a transliteration of English "gender".

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

KakumeiNoHi posted:

God am I glad this is here as well.
people on mangadex are just being EXTREMELY idiotic about this...

How so?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

JerryChops posted:

FYI ch.15 links to ch.14

It appears to have been fixed now.

MarqFJA87
Dear NOMAN discussion 19 Oct 19:09
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

@Goggled Anon: Thank you for going that far to deliver the last of this series. That said, I can't recall you guys ever posting the volume cover, TOC, and such for the 1st volume. What happened to those?

MarqFJA87
Yuru Oyako discussion 19 Oct 19:04
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Kirin posted:

Just waiting for Sayaka to escalate to just plain eating Yuki out (while, of course, attempting to pass it off as some sort of perfectly legitimate motherly thing to do).

"Oh, I dropped my wedding ring in my daughter's vagina and need to get it out."

... Why would she keep her wedding ring after divorcing her worthless husband?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Gonna say my prediction now: "Yuiyui" (the bar girl that Kujou-sensei wants to see) will turn out to be another persona of Sugimoto.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 6:34PM

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Rather than "tomboy", I'd probably use "bifauxnen".

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

KZA posted:

Also isn't this kinda defloweration since she made Kisaki's tree rain flowers?

I'd call it enfloweration.

Norainhere posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/she_becomes_a_tree_ch05#5

So... is this the brother and sister-in-law?

Yes, they're from another short completed series by Pageratta called "The Case Where My Dead Husband was Reincarnated as an Insect" (or something like that). You can read it here

You can also read it with translations on Danbooru here.

last edited at Sep 28, 2020 8:39PM

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

This is too everywhere! It makes no sense! Or is it me who's not catching on?

No, I'm quite confused as well, but I suppose that's just because I know nothing about business and I kinda skipped over the parts where they were talking about it. Could someone explain why the contract being terminated is a bad thing?

I'm assuming the other party is a very important investor or somesuch for the bank, and losing a contract after several years of apparently good business will cause confidence in the bank (and thus its stock) to plummet, which will be very bad for its business prospects and even lead to layoffs or - in a worst-case scenario where other investors and business partners follow suit and cancel their own contracts - spiralling into bankruptcy.