Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's just a bit too cliche for my taste. "Oh, he's so manly." Manly. Get it?! Wink wink nudge nudge.

But it's not awful or anything either.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I hope Mochi will not be dragging this way too much because it's honestly cliched and contrived at the same time. Aside from the art, the story is subpar in comparison to the usual storytelling that Mochi is capable of doing.

Wait, why are you acting like Mochi is a good writer? Mochi is great at pacing his/her stories, but they're never great stories either. They're your usual yuri cliche stories paced better and with a little twist, but nothing extraordinary. Still, its only the second chapter so we were never getting the gender revelation on the second chapter. I feel like it would drag longer than Mochi's other stories, but not that much seeing how much Kanda is already thinking of ways in making her realize she's a girl. Ch. 3 would probably be about "Gotta make her notice my gender" shenanigans, MC is going to remain clueless and maybe it'll end with someone revealing it to the MC with a throwaway line.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Kanda gives up and announces that she's been turned in to a girl and the MC just completely buys it. Next thing she knows Kanda is being dragged to pride rallies and a trip to Europe so they can get married. I feel like it would be the Mochi thing to do.

Bonus points if her parents are just as ridiculous.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

inhales EXTRA GAY

I love this but Kanda is dumb, wdym with "it's not like two girls can have sex". Also hope the misunderstanding gets solved soon

Either way this is cute so Mochi is forgiven

last edited at Nov 6, 2019 4:56AM

joined Nov 7, 2017

Page 11 was way too lewd for my sensibilities.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Tfw the perfect timing just passed you by... Kanda sure is (unwittingly) good at digging holes @_@

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So much things wrongs here but the biggest one is how dumb Kanda is. She had plenty of chance to told her she is a girl but won't for some reasons. "I'll never find a chance"no, you don't want to findit you mean. You want to prove her you're a girl but yet you want toact like a boyfriend, that's some twisted ass logic right here, people said that Mochi is a bad writerand i see why. But ithink the biggest problem is whatthey said in the end, Kanda ask if it will be a problem if she is a girl (note that it's plain stupid, there is not if Kanda, YOU'RE a girl) and she said no ... So, there is not problem at all Kanda, just say it since she doesn't have a problem. I swear if by the end of next chapter, Kanda don't have said she is a girl, it will be the most stupid misunderstanding i ever seen.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Misunderstanding plots are never particularly interesting but this one is especially stupid and contrived. Really hope this doesn't go on much longer it's way less interesting than the real potential this story has: how weird and sheltered Ookuma is.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Should be retitled 'unintentionally gay but it should be okay'

Fack

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Why does this have so many pages of comments for just two chapters

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Because people love to comment about series they think are bad, while good stories have almost no comments.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Because people love to comment about series they think are bad, while good stories have almost no comments.

Look at Yagate thread Sure thing

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Reminds me of Girl's Sanctuary. If it turns out half as cute, we're good.

Banning a nickname for an entire genre, what are we supposed to call it? That's an honest question, not picking a fight...

The tag used on the site is Cross-dressing. You could also use the Japanese term, Otokonoko/男の娘.

Cross-dressing and that-term-which-we're-now-banned-from-using are neither synonyms nor do they overlap that much. As shown in this manga, you can be the latter (well, the "reverse" version in this case according to common definitions) while simply wearing more-or-less-unisex clothing by Western standards; the point of the latter's concept is being able to perfectly pass for the opposite sex without putting much effort into it, something that more than a few cross-dressing characters (to say nothing of real-life crossdressers) fail to achieve (i.e. people immediately can tell they're not the sex they're dressing as, or are at least suspicious or call them "really mannish-looking for a girl"/"really girly-looking for a boy").

But yes, Otokonoko/男の娘 is a perfectly serviceable alternative. It's just that apparently more English speakers wanted an English equivalent than the ones who were okay with it, and were surprised to find that English didn't have a pre-existing name for the concept.

last edited at Nov 6, 2019 10:38AM

joined Nov 14, 2014

Quiescent-Rose posted:

A lot of comments in this thread were a loooong debate about whether or not the tag "reverse-trap" should be used or not and its whole meaning, ethics, etc. Something that apparently the comment above me wants to start again.

last edited at Nov 6, 2019 11:11AM

joined May 1, 2013

I'm not sure anything would dry me up faster than someone feeling like I needed their help crossing the street.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Needs Gay For Pay tag. Cartier jewelry?
IT's joke!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Quiescent-Rose posted:

I know that was sarcastic, and that's why I agree.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Of course I meant in general.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Lilliwyt posted:

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Glances at Citrus and Citrus+ threads Right. In general...

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

oof

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AkinomaHNU posted:

Lilliwyt posted:

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Glances at Citrus and Citrus+ threads Right. In general...

In general as in "usually". Bloom and Citrus are the rare exceptions. Then again Citrus isn't the best example. While it's indeed popular and a lot of people like it, there's just as much people who hate it and think it's utter garbage and most of discussion in Citrus thread was between people criticizing it rather than people praising it.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm not sure anything would dry me up faster than someone feeling like I needed their help crossing the street.

Lol, haha. But she's "sheltered" :D

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love this but Kanda is dumb, wdym with "it's not like two girls can have sex".

Well, what were you expecting? Guys are dumb.
And Kanda is better at being a guy than any guy could ever be. She's manlier than a bear wrestler. She puts macho men to shame. She's so butch she prolly can make Satomi pregnant.

The best moment, for me, was the part where she yells at Satomi that, if she has something to say, she should say it LOUD AND CLEAR -- instead of dropping endless strings of hints and waiting for the other people to figure it by themselves! Kanda, please return your woman card to the nearest woman station asap. You complete disgrace to feminity, you.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Someone said it earlier, but majoccoid and mochi are like a dream team. Especially in light of mochi's more recent art, which I just don't gel with anymore.

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

This 10000%, who the hell does that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.