Forum › Posts by ronasokily

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Hana unleashed is a force to be reckoned with. That one full page panel in this latest chapter might be my favorite

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

[99] sorry for the extremely long delay on this one. hopefully i can catch up pretty quick now that some stuff in my life is out of the way. <3 y'all

Glad to hear things are better - thanks for the hard work!

As for this chapter:

A little disappointed at first that this was ch. 99 and nothing big happened, but thinking about it a little more, it's actually really great to see that Kogu simply can't get any of those memories out of her head, and she's almost pavlov'd to Hino's whims now. So, all in all, pretty great. Hino's got her on such a leash now (pun intended?) that even just petting a dog in a certain way is enough simulated stimulation to get Kogu going.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

wait you guys actually ship mask x kaoru
i thought it was a joke
(worried_blue_fish.jpg)

Yes.jpg

Honestly they might be my favorite not-yet-together couple in the manga. I adore their dynamic, and even from a visual perspective I think they work so well together

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I can't do it now because I'm at work but I'm thinking of that Simpsons meme, now that the whole class knows:

"Say the line, Kogu!"
"...Hino-san no baka"
"[Class Cheers]"

Perfect - I wish I had even a touch of editing skills because that's great.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

You think I would have learned by now but no I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw the curtain shadow. At this point they could be full on making out and still find a way to turn it into a fake out.

My thoughts exactly. Even knowing this series, I thought, "maybe he just wants to keep the kisses hidden, like with the fireworks silhouette, so they're really doing it", but it was a good fake-out anyway. I was still at the edge of my seat hoping it was real. The clad reveal was great though.

Also, kinda fun to imagine the finger instruction as something else. Maybe that was international too?

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Is it just me or does it feel like this series has really hit the brakes the last chapters? I don't really get slow build up tension vibes, more like lets just be friends with subtext vibes. Not saying it's not cute, just saying I think it will end with friendzone.

Completely wrong reading of the last chapter. Objectively.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Yes. This is the way.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I somehow missed the update in my email for ch.96 and only just read the chapter tonight.

AHHHHHHHHH

I can't believe it finally, finally happened. I think my heart skipped a beat. Hino is the cutest, Koguma is even cuter, and now that we're finally, officially, no-holds-barred on the path to dually-recognized love I think I can taste the sweetness in my veins. I'm so happy. It's been what - 3 years we've been waiting for this? So, so good. Sweet, romantic - I don't want it of course, but if the series ended right there, on the last page of ch. 96, I would've been happy.

As for ch.97 - I audibly, uncontrollably, yelled 'Koguma you fucking coward' as she admitted to herself why she invited Omi, but still - what a cute ending. Adorable. Amazing. Fantastic.

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 10:22PM

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Literally biting my knuckles in anticipation. What a cliffhanger! I really, really hope that Hino doesn't get depressed or scared or runs away or hell - the mangaka set up that she's sleepy, so if she just falls asleep....

I like the lampshading on the whole 'hold hands not to get lost' thing - they both seemed to know the trope.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I mean, after these last few chapters - the last 2, specifically - there's no way that we aren't on track for some great development. Koguma clearly understands that 'things can't be the same', but thankfully, the ending shows that at least their relationship isn't destroyed, as sad as a wasted summer is. Now, they can only move up from here.

Hino looks so mature in that last panel too.

Man, I can't wait to see how this continues to move forward. $100 bucks on Hino asking Koguma if she's wearing panties under her yukata, or if she's being traditional about it.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Holy shit I love this. I thought it was gonna grow old but I couldn't stop smiling at every chapter.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I have to respectfully disagree with the editor/transistor here. As others have pointed out, the age gap isn't so severe, or so mismatched, that it poses any real problem; they're both adults, and all things considered, Minami's turbulent past contributed a kind of maturity in her that definitely bolsters her readiness for a relationship like this, imo. My reading of the sex line was simply that there's a difference in their sex drives, which I think has been well established by now - not that Minami is being pressured into unwanted sex by Iori. Iori is crude and horny, and Minami is sweet and more cuddly, for lack of a better way to put it. That's been pretty clear for a while.

I also do, and have, disagreed with the insistence that there's anything close to "abuse" going on, but that's a discussion that we've retread any number of times.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Momose speaking her thoughts out loud was extremely funny

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

i know... and because i uploaded it so quickly, we really have to wait the full 2 weeks this time...

Yeah… so, on Ganma, there’s no chapter listed for the next release. Looks like it’s going to be another off period.

Pain.

Suffering even

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Just so everyone is aware, this series is now complete! It had to end abruptly due to the authors personal circumstances.

If you can’t wait until it’s translated here, all the raws are available to read on the mobile app 日更计划 (pink app icon, RIGENG). Please support the author on that app for as little as $1 a month! You can find the story plastered all over the front page of the app, or search for it by the original Chinese title: 关于被班上绿茶威胁那件事

There are 37 chapters in total, with some small extras on the way!

That's a real shame, but I'll take the fact that they got together and kissed as a success nonetheless. I hope the best for the author

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

No, what the fuck, this chapter can't just end there!

So much to consider in such a short chapter.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Brain: it's bait
Heart: Hino is actually kissing her

Even if it's a fakeout, at least we had so.much else in this chapter:
-big tshirt cute Koguma
-"Do anything you want" / bed push
-Adorable hair drying and head patting

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 11:30AM

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I didn't expect such an escalation by ch2 but wew lad it was nice. I definitely want more of this series.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Two things occur to me this chapter.
1. 6-year-old Yuina looks exactly like a not-dead Reiko. Now that I thought about it, Reiko and Yuina look a LOT alike even now. SUS.

This stood out to me too. I wonder if Reiko isn't, like, Yuina's disembodied soul, actually. Or a dead sister she forgot, perhaps? Maybe an ancestor. Something along those lines.

ronasokily
School Zone discussion 14 Dec 07:50
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I genuinely teared up at that last chapter. I find it hard to blame either of them, or clear either of them of blame either. A bad situation for both overall - I hope, eventually, it's settled.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

FIN??? What a shame, I really was beginning to like these two, I wanted to see more of them

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 7:51AM

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I don't think my heart can take much more if they don't get together soon. Even with the jokes, and the slight lewdness, what a heartwarmingly adorable chapter. At least it seems like they're both coming to the same revelation; they just need to actually act on it together.

There is a pretty nice moment when Koguma purposefully presses her chest against Hino's back in thanks, acknowledging:
1) Hino likes her, at least in some way
2) Hino is okay with her small body, which she is always so hard on herself about
3) The way to reward Hino is with herself.

Fantastic.

Like, "I shouldn't have this, this is way too good for me."

I think this is, essentially, both of their realizations in a nutshell. Hino has seemingly low-self esteem and doesn't think she deserves Koguma. She looks up to Koguma as someone who is smart, and fits in, and ultimately does the right thing most of the time. Koguma has a bad self-image and doesn't think Hino would want her; she looks up to HIno for her coolness, confidence, and mature look. They are, of course, made for one another.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 10:00PM

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Man, I know nothing of Japanese, but I wonder if "I want you to fuck me senseless" sounds as hot in Japanese. Zanka, thank you!! And thank you, people for translating this!!!

Agreed, I wonder what the phrasing was in Japanese. But oof, what a powerful line.

That's a good oof

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 7:53AM

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

God, I love Murasakino's work. Beautiful and hurtful and lovely all at once. Before the twist at the end I thought perhaps it would end up being about the light-haired girl's suicide attempts (hence the bandages, the what-if's, the blood they were cleaning). The twist was still good, though.

ronasokily
Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Pomf! What are we going to do on the rocks?

Cute chapter though. Of course, I had a feeling Hino had the top the whole time, but it was still cute to see their interactions and her possessiveness with that almost ikemen face. And their closeness, skin to skin like that, isn't necessarily a scene I'd seen before - Kiniku once again playing with conventional romance/ecchi tropes/scenes in a fun way, with a little twist.

The next chapter is going to start with Hino having a second slap-mark, isn't it?