Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's been two volumes of nothing but Adachi being a useless lesbian and little to no focus on Shimamura's perspective whatsoever.

Ya gotta admit, though—she’s a world-class useless lesbian.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's been two volumes of nothing but Adachi being a useless lesbian and little to no focus on Shimamura's perspective whatsoever. I'm starting to lose hope that anything's actually gonna happen here.

Too bad it end at Vol.3 and Shimamura finally understand in Vol.6/7 of the LN and they finally get their shit together

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It's been two volumes of nothing but Adachi being a useless lesbian and little to no focus on Shimamura's perspective whatsoever. I'm starting to lose hope that anything's actually gonna happen here.

Also, i take it that Shimamura's sister didn't want the boomerang, then?

I just picked up the series, I love it, but Adachi is THE useless lesbian trope girl from now on, like COME ON GURL.

Shimamura is the slowest, less sharp knife ever. I won't see it as yuri until Adachi (most likely) confesses and they start dating but either way it's cute to read. I think we all have a somehow different concept of what yuri is? for me yuri has to have - some declaration or confession -dating -a kiss or kisses at least 2 out of those 3, any other thing is subtext. Except sex, if they have sex then it's ultra yuri.

Will stick around till the end tho!

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 11:27AM

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

I want to be your best gay friend is what Adachi means.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The "sister" bit was just her covering up the fact that she was actually buying a present for Adachi.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 11:34AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The "sister" bit was just her covering up the fact that she was actually buying a present for Adachi.

Yeah, this part is cover up in the LN with the chapter Cristmas Ongoing : Shimamure's Thoughts. Shima want tobuy a present and have no idea so she bring Nagafuji who end up giving the idea of the boomerang because Naga thought it was for her little sister.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hoping the new manga can make this part better because as I see, it missed some important bits from the novel...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hoping the new manga can make this part better because as I see, it missed some important bits from the novel...

I want the boomerang in the park with the China dress in the anime.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

For those that want to see more of Shimamura's perspective, I recommend the LN, while I don't disagree with Shima being "slow" in this manga, in her chapters from the LN she does have an idea of what's going on, but tries to be in denial about it since she has her reservations about her relationship with Adachi growing more and more.

I though this chapter was rather nice, the strengh this adaptaitaoin has for me at least are the funny expressions and a more light hearted tone than the source material, that being said, the number 1 friend scene was funny and all right on its own, but certainly not how I imagine it while reading the novel.

I also hope that both the new maga and the future anime can do it more "justice" boomerang scene and all.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Really love this story but the snail's pace gets on my nerves sometimes

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

forceful handholding?! woah there girl, that's just too much!

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

"And here we see the classic morosexual, continuing to fail at signaling the object of her desire. At the moment, she stands no chance of mating."

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

almost therrrre

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Five more ;_;

joined Mar 18, 2018

It would be cool if shimamura figured out that adachi actually liked her.
Kinda hard to explane what i mean exept for the obvious... But in a way that she figures it out but don't really know what to do - way...

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Reading the novel beforehand is kinda ruining the actual manga... There are just so much more details about their feelings. Also there ain't chapter about greeting each other on Xmas. But manga describes their feelings more mutual.
Ah, I wish their story become more romantic and lovey-dovey

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well to be fair the LN existed before the manga. This version is the one that got canceled so it won't follow them through the entirety of their journey. The new version being released, however, presumably will.

joined Nov 7, 2017

Woof she's dense.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

We will get a nice valentine's day chapter! Hype. I love these two.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Easy to get confused! This is the first one where they're... more dense. Still adorable of course.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

This one is more faithful to the events and slower pacing of the LN. The new version rearranges some things and goes faster, I wonder if at some point it will overtake where we are in the LN.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I want to know when Shima will finally realize. It's getting pretty obvious.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think she's getting there. The fact that she commented that the days counting down to their Valentine's "date" will seem brighter than usual is a good tipoff of that :)

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Shimamura tells her not to fall, but Adachi has already fallen for her though.
Smh.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Can Shimamura get any more oblivious? Adachi is practically drooling all over her and she still hasn't figured it out? How? It literally makes no sense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.