Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Adachi looked pretty cute in the panel after Shima said yes, and so did her and Hino in that one where they were staring awkardly at each other ^^
Looking foward to reading all this and (and Shima's chapter) in the LN!
Thank you for the new chapter!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This is getting gayer everytime I read.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm so happy for mah gurl Adachi who managed to ask her (with a lot of courage) out!!!

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Such an adorable dork. She's turned into a not-so-useless useless lesbian. XD

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Adachi is (gay) love, Adachi is life.

Her big, large, huge gay is so cute, gosh. She melts my heart again and again and again. You know, that tingly feeling in your chest?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Anyone willing to bet that Shimamura and Nagafuji were out to buy Christmas presents for Adachi and Hino, respectively?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anyone willing to bet that Shimamura and Nagafuji were out to buy Christmas presents for Adachi and Hino, respectively?

Seems the most likely explanation, yes.

And a note to the translators: "Shimaura" on page 2 of chapter 11.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

bet.
Great chapter. I really enjoyed reading it.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

What? It's got anime adaptation? Cool!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

And a note to the translators: "Shimaura" on page 2 of chapter 11.

Yeah, this one and a few others were somehow not corrected this time, I'm not sure why. I'll address it as best I can, been trying to survive the food poisoning 'o doom.

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Gota love the slow burn but please give her hints or somthing she will probably say yes.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Bet.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Bet.

I rather figured that Nagafuji asked Shimamura to go out shopping for something for Hino, I don't think Shimamura is proactive enough yet to think about doing so for Adachi.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^A fair point. Would still make their reason for being there mostly the same, but just for one present instead of two. Of course, Shima might still buy something for Adachi even without having planned to do so at first, seeing how they're already there and she has agreed to go out with her on Christmas.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Huh, they didn't include the creepy dude.

Which wasn't too bad, but it also skipped the entire rest of the pool sequence.

This one IS finished, apparently. It got cancelled. And now a new adaptation is being made (with, in my opinion, worse art and weaker writing).

How can it possibly be worse than this one when the art in this one is very much barebones, often lacking any significant detail and backgrounds (which especially started to annoy me after chapter 6 saw fit to mention the table tennis book, but not actually show it), and it's skipping so much of the story. To be honest though, I actually just picked up the light novels myself yesterday, and I think they might have the best art of the three, although in limited supply of course.

I also prefer this one's artstyle. I think it shows off the character's personalities better, and looks 'cleaner' in general... imo of course. The detail and backgrounds between the two versions so far have been pretty comparable. I wouldn't say that the new version has improved on its predecessor in that regard, although a case could be made to say that the non-4koma format allows the new version more freedom in visual storytelling with its layout, although I have yet to notice any noteworthy examples of this in the new version.

I think your example of the table tennis book is a poor one. Visual storytelling should be used to provide the reader with extra information. Showing a table tennis book and then having Adachi comment that there was a table tennis book there would be redundant in this case. Of course, visual storytelling could be used to describe what kind of table tennis book it was, or what it looks like, but being a 4-koma and having a limited number of pages per chapter means that the artist and author need to decide what they show and what they don't in some cases. I think that the author and artist actually made an intelligent choice here, by telling us that there was a book there, while simultaneously showing us what Shimamura's room looks like, consequently maximizing the amount of information the manga provides us within a limited amount of space. This is similar to what I said previously about the writing of the two versions, which is that I think this version says more with less, which is one of the reasons I like this one so much.

Admittedly, I can't quite judge the writing of the new version yet (although being based on the same LN, writing is technically the same, it just depends on how well it is adapted into manga form) since it's still not added to MAL, though.

No, the writing is not the same. The plot is the same, or at least similar, but plot is only a small portion of everything that constitutes the writing. The writing so far has been quite different, and as I've been repeating, I find this version's writing to be far more efficient than the new one's, which is one of the best attributes writing can have, and something I seriously need to work on with my own writing...

last edited at Jul 21, 2019 10:53AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think your example of the table tennis book is a poor one. Visual storytelling should be used to provide the reader with extra information. Showing a table tennis book and then having Adachi comment that there was a table tennis book there would be redundant in this case. Of course, visual storytelling could be used to describe what kind of table tennis book it was, or what it looks like, but being a 4-koma and having a limited number of pages per chapter means that the artist and author need to decide what they show and what they don't in some cases. I think that the author and artist actually made an intelligent choice here, by telling us that there was a book there, while simultaneously showing us what Shimamura's room looks like, consequently maximizing the amount of information the manga provides us within a limited amount of space. This is similar to what I said previously about the writing of the two versions, which is that I think this version says more with less, which is one of the reasons I like this one so much.

I disagree. The table tennis book is one of the first signs of change on Shimamura's side, something she would not have normally done, that signifies how much the time spent with Adachi means to her, and Adachi finding it is similar in significance for this story as is Touko noticing the planetarium in Yuu's room in Yagate Kimi ni Naru. Not showing it was a big mistake, and that panel barely showed anything of Shimamura's room either - nothing we hadn't already seen two pages earlier. Showing the book on her desk instead would have made this much more impactful.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I disagree. The table tennis book is one of the first signs of change on Shimamura's side, something she would not have normally done, that signifies how much the time spent with Adachi means to her, and Adachi finding it is similar in significance for this story as is Touko noticing the planetarium in Yuu's room in Yagate Kimi ni Naru. Not showing it was a big mistake, and that panel barely showed anything of Shimamura's room either - nothing we hadn't already seen two pages earlier. Showing the book on her desk instead would have made this much more impactful.

While what you say is true for the most part, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the importance of subtlety vs dramatization. Another reason why I like this version. Personally, I think it finds a nice balance between the two.

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 3:49AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Can't wait for the anime

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Oh no they'll both be frozen solid

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

hope for more

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

This is still the sweetest gayest most adorable thing around. 'Tis giving diabetes to my diabetes. I love this.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Adachi is so gay.

And Shimamura is so slow.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I got a blush while reading this...

joined Jan 6, 2017

#1 friend. Right...

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Kind of a shame they removed the fact that Adachi was trying to confess again, but choked, so the only thing she could reach for was "#1 friend"

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 9:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.