Forum › Even Though We're Adults discussion

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

At this point I don’t buy that this is a cover marriage for the husband, which isn’t to say it’s not a marriage of convenience. I just think that comfort and safety are enough for him and not for her. You see a bit of it when he asks about kids in what seems a very genuine way, while Ayano is maybe more noncommital in her response.

Either way, it’s a good decision on her part to be honest about the affair now (second only to before it happened).

Also! This manga is so good at conveying the awfulness of trying to peaceably maintain a conversation that’s making you feel like shit!

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

And she just comes out and says it, just like that. god I love this manga, so much plot and development and not ages of useless misunderstandings and hiding and confusion, Iike true adults. Though some actions despite them being adults. Absolutely love it.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 6:27PM

joined Oct 3, 2016

And she just comes out and says it, just like that. god I love this manga, so much plot and development and not ages of useless misunderstandings and hiding and confusion, Iike true adults. Though some actions despite them being adults. Absolutely love it.

Comrade!!

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

-“Funny, right?”

-“No... No, it’s not...”

aw fuck, I felt that. I physically felt that whole interaction. I had a visceral reaction to that cliffhanger.

I hate this story, but also love it. I fundamentally hate cheating, yet I still somehow find this plight sympathetic, in spite of similar stories eliciting no feelings of the sort.

I feel bad for the husband, the mother-in-law, the poor girl that got unexpectedly caught in it... and, although to a lesser extent, I even feel bad for the protagonist, cheater though she may be.

I imagine the reason this feels different to me is due to the sheer straightforward naïveté of the protagonist. Although it clearly does not excuse her actions in the slightest, it is easier to find her sympathetic when the circumstances seem to be a result of simple idly drifting through life, purely due to a lack of knowledge of anything greater being obtainable.

Although we haven’t gotten a terribly great degree of insight into the matter yet, it seems the husband is likely to be genuinely in love with her, whereas the protagonist’s affection for him seems to go little beyond that of a close friend or family member.

My speculation is that she may not have even been aware what genuine love felt like, and thus assumed the relationship she developed with him was the extent of such feelings. However, now, for (possibly?) the first time in her life, she actually wholeheartedly loves someone.

I am both quite excited to see where this goes, yet simultaneously dreading the pain that I am certain will inevitably accompany it. I can virtually guarantee that there is no way for this story to have a completely happy ending. It looks to be written in stone that there will be suffering aplenty before the conclusion. I do truly hope that things might develop in the least painful way possible, but, frankly, I do not at all anticipate any manner of smooth sailing. Things will surly become plenty cruel and rough before the clouds might ever clear.

Wow, things got both a bit redundant and pretentious at the end there, but, I’m going to sleep. It’s too late at night to revise this, so, we’ll see if I remember to fix things up in the future.

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 4:05AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

kinda was turned off by the first chapter, but i love the art and the adult life tag. came back and read 2-4, and i'm surprised by it. hope it doesnt get too messy.

joined Dec 18, 2018

This series is such a fucking thriller on my heart, just waiting for the jumpscare of feels.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

#WataruDidNothingWrong

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, fuck, that was all sorts of awkward and uncomfortable

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“If you two are fooling around together, then that’s cheating, right?”

Way to start with double-checking the fundamentals there, dude—you want to make sure everybody’s on the same page going forward.

So to speak.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Who am I supposed to be rooting for?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm going to guess that this is the first time the person's she's after actually told her husband.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

What a bunch of hilariously disastrous relationships. Their predicaments should seem depressing but with Ayano's actions, and the husband's, it makes it seem so amusing. Our poor Akari is left wondering what the hell happened too. I like how this is avoiding the limbo that's filled with the usual chapters long misunderstandings.

last edited at Oct 8, 2019 9:17PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Consensual Cheating?

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

Well, fuck, that was all sorts of awkward and uncomfortable

Right! Just reading it made me feel awkward and uncomfortable as well

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Man, this poor guy. He really doesn't deserve this. Honestly, I kinda just want him to be happy.

#WataruDidNothingWrong

#TeamWataru

joined Feb 23, 2016

Like nani the fack?!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Man, this poor guy. He really doesn't deserve this. Honestly, I kinda just want him to be happy.

#WataruDidNothingWrong

#TeamWataru

She told him about it in probably the most insensitive way possible. Even just laying it all on the table, "I fucked someone else" would've been better than the whole, "Hey, has anyone at work caught your interest lately?" Was that her way of breaking it to him gently? I kind of admire the honesty, but she could've tried to be a little nicer about it when she's informing him that's she's fucking cheating on him.

Prediction time: Ayano's going to get pregnant, and Akari's gonna get all mopey because she's seen this before, but Aya's going to leave her husband anyways. Dunno if those two will end up together.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I think the only way to progress this story is for Watari to steal Akari's ex from his husband.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TifalovesAerith posted:

Consensual Cheating?

There's a word for that...... But yeah let's not go there and keep it that way instead hehehe

I I think I dropped this back in ch1 or 2 but you all seem to have very good reactions so I'll try again!!!!.........................but only after catching up with Useless princess X)

joined Nov 7, 2017

I think the only way to progress this story is for Watari to steal Akari's ex from his husband.

Ahahahaha! I won't lie, that'd be fucking hilarious and outta absolutely nowhere.

Man this manga gives me hardcore "this is real adult shit" vibes. Navigating complicated relationships in mature and not-so-mature ways while struggling to make heads or tails of what one is supposed to do... Haaa. My late twenty-something heart is gonna break no matter what happens.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm starting to realize how appropriate the title is. Even though they're adults, it feels like they have all the awkwardness of kids trying to navigate a situation they don't understand. I have a feeling the ending will leave me bitter, but ... damn if I'm not really enjoying the story.

For people looking for more of an escape from reality: probably won't find that here.

joined Dec 30, 2018

The fuck is this shit?
Poor guy did nothing to deserve this
You two stupid pussy eaters
If this goes the same way as My unrequited love went with a husband cheating so it's ok to leave him trope I'm gonna lose my shit
They should divorce and show that both sides found their happiness
Poor man

joined May 29, 2019

such a refreshing take on the subject matter, clap clap

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh yaaaaaas netorare. It’s always satisfying when a dumboi gets cucked by lesbians

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

"Why do they all have to be god damn married!?"

I ask that every time I see another friend on Facebook get married while I'm still a sad loner over here.

EDIT: Literally opened Facebook right after posting this and saw yet another friend announce engagement.

last edited at Oct 9, 2019 12:46AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.