Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and has left all of us with Train Wreck Syndrome as we watch it progress to the inevitable incestuous carnal relations.

About that

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

RUN BTCH RUN!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't even know what's happening.

We're in the middle of a chapters-long flashback to the time in middle school where Asuka has discovered the conflicted joy of bean flicking to the thought/scent of her mother, her mother has realized for the first time she was looking at her daughter like a snacc, and Asuka was subsequently discovered and is in the process of being preyed upon by a somewhat sinister player of a senpai--a situation that presumably ends poorly and perhaps causes some mental scarring. All of this to get us caught up to the present again, where Asuka has crossed paths with that same senpai, keeps pushing the envelope with mom, and has left all of us with Train Wreck Syndrome as we watch it progress to the inevitable incestuous carnal relations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excellent summary, but let’s not forget the potential three-way with the aunt.

After all, it’s a whole world of possibilities out there.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

and has left all of us with Train Wreck Syndrome as we watch it progress to the inevitable incestuous carnal relations.

About that

Eh? That's her and senpai (and presumably where things are going after this latest chapter), not Mummy Dearest. So not incestuous carnal relations, just disturbing and kinda depressing carnal relations...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Excellent summary, but let’s not forget the potential three-way with the aunt.

Double the Ara Ara.

Eh? That's her and senpai (and presumably where things are going after this latest chapter), not Mummy Dearest. So not incestuous carnal relations, just disturbing and kinda depressing carnal relations...

Oh. That's just me who can't read.

last edited at Aug 1, 2019 8:18PM

Ohh god was that girl tryna get as many beautiful girls/kouhais(?) as possible in bed with her?? Eeww and to see there was some kinda atttaction from Asuka towards this player or was just innocently seduced... Can't bear to see that, waiting for present time

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Svitac is now banned. Nothing to see here.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

Oi! Ok, I'll admit that I'm a fucking idiot and extremely obtuse. Maybe it's the time flashbacks or heavy subtex, but I totally missed that part where the senpai allegedly rapes her. It appears to me to be innocent frolicking (granted we are talking about an age difference of what, five years?? With senpai being around 17-18 and Asuka being 12-13) which by itself is a little disturbing but her being a "predator" would reeeally take things to a whole new level, hence, my confusion. Someone please explain it to me like a two year old, because I clearly have the perceptiveness of one...

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

can we just go back to the present now. wah

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Arguing with moderators is generally about as good an idea as arguing with bouncers or cops.

Hey, now. I like some moderators.

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

Is it just me, or this is far more better without these flashbacks, also, i thought the mc is in-love with her mother for like forever, so why this arc is happening in the first place? I guess, she is not so in-love with her mother for "forever" eh.

joined Oct 15, 2014

Is it just me, or this is far more better without these flashbacks, also, i thought the mc is in-love with her mother for like forever, so why this arc is happening in the first place? I guess, she is not so in-love with her mother for "forever" eh.

Hah u clearly just breeze through chapter 13.4, read again and thoroughly this time

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hah u clearly just breeze through chapter 13.4, read again and thoroughly this time

Or the last pages of the thread for that matter, some already explain why Asuka do that with .Senpai

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oi! Ok, I'll admit that I'm a fucking idiot and extremely obtuse. Maybe it's the time flashbacks or heavy subtex, but I totally missed that part where the senpai allegedly rapes her. It appears to me to be innocent frolicking (granted we are talking about an age difference of what, five years?? With senpai being around 17-18 and Asuka being 12-13) which by itself is a little disturbing but her being a "predator" would reeeally take things to a whole new level, hence, my confusion. Someone please explain it to me like a two year old, because I clearly have the perceptiveness of one...

“Predator” is a judgment assigned by readers on the basis of suppositions; “player” is more fully supported by actual evidence from the the text. Those include:

• Asuka in the narrative present is clearly unhappy with whatever happened (that is, whatever is about to happen in the flashback) with Miyuki; she thinks of her as a “liar,” specifically in relation to the hickey mentioned in the latest chapter.

• Prior to Asuka meeting up with Miyuki at the cram school, Jun has seen Miyuki in a classroom apparently making out with an unknown girl.

• The hickey is physical evidence that Miyuki has been with someone else (a girl, one assumes) between her kissing sessions with Asuka.

In general, some Dynasty readers are quick to label behaviors “abuse” and to question the validity of consent and agency for characters.

My own reading of the text suggests that something unpleasant but not highly traumatic happened between Asuka and Miyuki, although it’s certainly possible that something worse than “unpleasant” will be depicted.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Blastaar August 1, 2019 9:34PM

“Predator” is a judgment assigned by readers on the basis of suppositions; “player” is more fully supported by actual evidence from the the text. Those include:

• Asuka in the narrative present is clearly unhappy with whatever happened (that is, whatever is about to happen in the flashback) with Miyuki; she thinks of her as a “liar,” specifically in relation to the hickey mentioned in the latest chapter.

• Prior to Asuka meeting up with Miyuki at the cram school, Jun has seen Miyuki in a classroom apparently making out with an unknown girl.

• The hickey is physical evidence that Miyuki has been with someone else (a girl, one assumes) between her kissing sessions with Asuka.

In general, some Dynasty readers are quick to label behaviors “abuse” and to question the validity of consent and agency for characters.

My own reading of the text suggests that something unpleasant but not highly traumatic happened between Asuka and Miyuki, although it’s certainly possible that something worse than “unpleasant” will be depicted.

Ok, now I'm literally on the same page. Awesome intel as always Blastaar XD

Senpai is 100% a predator. look at how she stared and escalated to sex quick.

We now see why asuka is so weird overall now. She has a warped perception of what a relationship is and is able to easily suggest going “all the way” with her mama.

There’s almost no chance the future of this story will be a simple sexy time btw the two.

last edited at Aug 1, 2019 10:10PM by

joined Feb 23, 2016

Aahhh shiet here we go again

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Don't conflate "predator" with "predatory". The former is implicitly sexually abusive; the latter describes a type of negative, "merely" pursuant behavior. To me, senpai is "predatory", she seems to seek out physical relationships with as many people as she can manage, and clearly doesn't enjoy being called out on it, but I don't see her as some sort of "kouhai predator". I don't think she's doing it to be purely malicious (though she does seem to have a bit of a mean streak), she's probably got her own screwed up reasons for acting the way she does. Just unfortunate that Asuka fell under her spell.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Selfish" does not automagically equal "malicious."

WisestofWolfies
Sdofnwou
joined Mar 26, 2019

My only issue right now is how forgetful people seem to be. It tends to get rather irritating. My brain is constantly screaming, "Why is this story so difficult to remember!? Why does this seem like a mess to you!? Fits like a nice puzzle for me! How is any of this confusing!? How is any of this complicated!? It's so so so simple, so how!?"

joined Aug 2, 2019

I was gonna say I do not like this senpai at all with how she deals with Asuka. Kissing somebody who's clearly inexperienced and you don't even find out whether she likes you first?

But then I realized that's what Asuka did to Ayako and it's :l but on the other hand their motives and intentions are entirely different so I guess they can't really be compared in that sense.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I mean, they are still teens. That doesn't excuse everything they do but it's a bit much throwing them in the same box as a random sexual predator; you grow up, you try boundaries, you mess up. And we currently don't know all that much about Miyuki's circumstances. It's unlikely, but for all we know she genuinely wants to be with Asuka and that hickey comes from something else entirely.

WisestofWolfies
Sdofnwou
joined Mar 26, 2019

I mean, they are still teens. That doesn't excuse everything they do but it's a bit much throwing them in the same box as a random sexual predator; you grow up, you try boundaries, you mess up. And we currently don't know all that much about Miyuki's circumstances. It's unlikely, but for all we know she genuinely wants to be with Asuka and that hickey comes from something else entirely.

I'm fairly confident that the context clues given to us all but confirm that she's predatory. She's so careful about having affairs with other girls and seemingly targetting girls specifically younger than her that the idea of a "player" just doesn't seem to fit, since "players" very rarely ever hide the fact they are a "player". A predatorial behavior is clearly exhibited here and she seems all too conscious of the fact for it to simply be a mistake or a mess up. This stuff is clearly on her mind, and she thinks about it carefully. Any and all innocence for Miyuki is pretty much invalidated because shes doing this willingly and consciously. I don't care what circumstances lead to her behavior, that's not an excuse for it, merely a reason.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

I don't like where this is going. Will she get now abused? Or forced to do something? Oh no. Don't do this to me.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Miyuki so far seems to me as "big bad"

To reply you must either login or sign up.