Forum › Posts by thispenguin

thispenguin
1 x ½ discussion 19 Dec 01:56
joined Aug 2, 2019

I love Ayako being jealous but really do not like the sexual abuse flashback. It explains her aloofness and lack of emotional responses but it might imply that the reason Ayako loves her daughter in a sexual way might be because of her trauma. Which doesn't feel right somehow but this is an incest manga so why the heck should this even be an issue lol existential crisis

thispenguin
1 x ½ discussion 14 Aug 07:35
joined Aug 2, 2019

While I'd overall agree with the "too much flashback!" sentiment I think people are a little bit harsh over the current arc. Sure, if it's only three chapter to the end from here it'd suck, but if it's planned to be a long series it's nothing that outrageous and clearly these events are important for Asuka's ... teenage formation years ^^

I feel the same way, I think it gives the characters more depth and shows how much thought the author has given to this series.

If Senpai is plan to stay and still play major role that's said because there no point to give that much backstory if you gonna ditch the character after or giving her minor role.

I'm probably reading too much into this but the way I see it, Senpai serves a few purpose to build up Asuka as a character. It feels like she is there to show what a 'wrong' kind of 'love' looks like, given how Asuka has probably wrestled with how 'wrong' her feelings are for her mum.

It seems as if what happened with Senpai was a catalyst for Asuka to truly accept her feelings and be certain and not as horrified that she is indeed in love with her mother. So even if Senpai does only appear for a few chapters, I feel like her role is important for Asuka as a character.

But to each their own I guess, I do understand wanting more Asuka and Ayako moments though.

thispenguin
1 x ½ discussion 14 Aug 05:36
joined Aug 2, 2019

While I'd overall agree with the "too much flashback!" sentiment I think people are a little bit harsh over the current arc. Sure, if it's only three chapter to the end from here it'd suck, but if it's planned to be a long series it's nothing that outrageous and clearly these events are important for Asuka's ... teenage formation years ^^

I feel the same way, I think it gives the characters more depth and shows how much thought the author has given to this series.

thispenguin
1 x ½ discussion 03 Aug 04:36
joined Aug 2, 2019

i don't like the senpai and i hope they don't fuck (i don't think they're gonna do it? idk) also can we get out of those flashbacks chapters pls (and this one is without the mom, sad time)

I hope so too! Feel like it'd be a little romantic if her mum were her first, instead of that senpai.

thispenguin
1 x ½ discussion 02 Aug 05:17
joined Aug 2, 2019

I was gonna say I do not like this senpai at all with how she deals with Asuka. Kissing somebody who's clearly inexperienced and you don't even find out whether she likes you first?

But then I realized that's what Asuka did to Ayako and it's :l but on the other hand their motives and intentions are entirely different so I guess they can't really be compared in that sense.