Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

where is my incest? I didn't came here just for Yuri, I want the yuri incest bit on my desk in 2 chapters ASAP

jk, but really, miss the mom

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

For the audience, he was talking about Asuka and mom.

I thought the author was female?

Also, I am also female.

lol

I don't know,i'ma stupid white mal cis so i assume the author is a man /s. More seriously, i don't know what gender is the author so i said He out of habit.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

where is my incest? I didn't came here just for Yuri, I want the yuri incest bit on my desk in 2 chapters ASAP

jk, but really, miss the mom

me too, a chapter without mom is a sad chapter indeed

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i kind of hope she ends up fucking the president because it would be weird to save your virginity for your mom. then again, everything in this manga is weird

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

i kind of hope she ends up fucking the president because it would be weird to save your virginity for your mom. then again, everything in this manga is weird

Well, it seems even since Ayako didn't save her virginity for Asuka either... wait a minute...
Jokes aside I'm about 90% sure that Asuka and Miyuki didn't go all the way.

joined Apr 6, 2019

If you look at the inkblots and see a pretty butterfly or some nice flowers, it means you're ok. If you see a dog with the head split in half or a dead cat full of squirming grubs, it means you're a mess.

I see what you did there.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Is there any difference between flashbacks and imagination, and if there is, how do you know?

idk, context?

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Is there any difference between flashbacks and imagination, and if there is, how do you know?

yes, flashbacks are based on memories while pure imagination is not

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Someone needs to enroll Miyuki senpai in sex-ed class

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 11:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

yes, flashbacks are based on memories while pure imagination is not

True. How we can make difference, then, when Asuka has memories, when she is imagining?
People say we can make difference between past and present time looking at hair of Asuka (longer and shorter).
If Asuka is imagining her mom while she is with senpai, what author made to show this difference, that it's not flashback...? Does anyone know, and can explain?

Well, it’s just an image of her mother—it’s not a memory of any specific event or incident.

Hypothetically I could say to every reader, “Think of your mother,” and everyone would get an image of their mother; it might be “generic the way your mother usually looks,” or it might be some more specific memory of her dressed a certain way or on a certain occasion. But we wouldn’t necessarily call those “flashbacks.”

But in a story, “flashback” is just shorthand for “not the narrative present.” A lot of the “flashbacks” in the story (the very brief ones) are sort of generic—Ayako thinks of Asuka being sick as a child, and it’s an image that stands for “the times Asuka was sick,” not for any one specific memory.

On the other hand, the first time Asuka thinks of Miyuki, it’s in reference to her having a hickey and lying about it.

Comics/manga have a bit of a problem visually representing habitual or continuing action compared to prose. You can just write, “Every Sunday we would have roast chicken, beef stew, or scrambled eggs.” But a panel either shows one of those things, or does something jazzy like showing a triple scene or something. The point is that visuals by themselves are immediate, they’re always “now,” unless there’s a verbal indicator or format cue (like a black border indicating a flashback).

That’s why overall context is so important. Remember, in “real time,” we’re still sitting with Asuka and Miyuki on a bench outside the wedding hall, waiting for Ayako to get done with her friends.

joined Jul 26, 2016

idk, context?

in manga here, how reader can make the difference between Asuka's memory (flashbacks), and her imagination?

idk, context?

WisestofWolfies
Sdofnwou
joined Mar 26, 2019

How the author is carefully coaxing his readers into thinking that her mom is the only one right for her.

Taiyaki is female and maximum les.

joined Aug 2, 2019

i don't like the senpai and i hope they don't fuck (i don't think they're gonna do it? idk) also can we get out of those flashbacks chapters pls (and this one is without the mom, sad time)

I hope so too! Feel like it'd be a little romantic if her mum were her first, instead of that senpai.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

format cue (like a black border indicating a flashback)

With the amount of flashbacks, I wished the author did use something like that here...

But then, as you previously pointed out, this story features flashbacks within flashbacks sometimes, so how would that be presented in a visual manner.... double-borders? shaded borders? or maybe plaid frames? :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

About answers on this question, if I understood explanations of other readers, flashbacks are based on "flashing images" (example, senpai with hickey), and author is creating a side story based on that image, story which took it's time in the past.

So, probably we can't know what is memory what imagination, until it takes it's side story in manga.
But, observing style of the author, everything is based on flashbacks from the memory of characters, they get one "flashing image" of certain moment or person, and after it author enters in side story, giving more information to readers about it.
Correct me if I'm wrong getting it as I wrote here.

No, that’s a reasonable way of thinking about it.

In a sense, all the flashbacks are “memories”—they’re things the characters either have thought or events they have experienced. The relationship of those flashbacks to a narrative present can be different, though.

When Asuka (within the flashback) is talking with Miyuki at the cram school and suddenly gets an image of her mother, that’s happening at the time that scene takes place.

But when we get the story of Asuka masturbating on her mom’s bed, that’s being presented to the reader as an event in the past, but not as “Asuka is now remembering in chronological order and in complete detail the time she masturbated on her mom’s bed.” It’s backstory, but not necessarily tied directly to what a particular character is thinking at a given moment in the story.

Things are also complicated by the shifting center of character focus (not quite the same as “point of view”). We mostly get inside the heads of Asuka, Ayako, and Jun, although we see the thoughts/memories of others, like Akira and Miyuki, as well.

2ab229b7cc4edicon14
joined Jan 24, 2019

get fucked

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh no, she was a manipulator. Oh, wait, we already knew.

@gudako is that Gudako in Dangan Ronpa style?

last edited at Aug 3, 2019 3:58PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I swear, this manga is like a Rorschach test.

Ikr
Some comments say more about the commenters than they say about the manga

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Don't corrupt the loli

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Don't corrupt the loli

she already been corrupt the moment she finger blasted herself to the scent of her own mother

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

Holy cranberry... Senpai is...

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Miyuki's backstory is so needlessly dark and contrived that turns around and become hilarious for how out of place is with the rest of the series' tone.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Girl, you better not cheat on your mom...

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'd swear half of the chapter is gone.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

I'd swear half of the chapter is gone.

Lol. I thought there's something amiss as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.