Forum › Skeeter Rabbit discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm doubtful about the lolicon tag. Is it because Ayano is attracted to other teens?

I was under the impression that "lolis" where somehow (real or fake) pre-teens.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm doubtful about the lolicon tag. Is it because Ayano is attracted to other teens?

Taking a look at the first couple of pages, she's in eighth grade. So that puts her at about 12 or 13 years old, at most.

The novel Lolita, where the term comes from, concerns attraction to a 12 year old, so it's pretty consistent.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Chika-chan and the imouto are pretty underdeveloped, the MC is the one who isn’t in the main cast so far.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe because the main character isn't a lolicon, but the reader is... I mean, if you fall in love with someone of your age when you're teenager, that makes you a pedo? so the tag might imply that there's a lolicon in the series but the true lolicon is inside all of us.
So maybe the tag needed here is just loli

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 12:55PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Serenata posted:

Maybe because the main character isn't a lolicon, but the reader is... I mean, if you fall in love with someone of your age when you're teenager, that makes you a pedo? so the tag might imply that there's a lolicon in the series but the true lolicon is inside all of us.
So maybe the tag needed here is just loli

That's what "bothers" me with the lolicon tag here. I don't think lusting after someone your age when you're 12/13 can be considered being a lolicon.

And I'm not even under the impression that the characters are "lolis" either. Their youthfulness isn't emphasized, and nobody lusts after the imouto for now.

As you say, if anything, it would be the reader that could be considered a lolicon if they look sexually at the characters, but tags aren't for the tagging the readers, but the content.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

The comparable series in terms of age range is Prism

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, it features underage characters masturbating in the shower. I'd say that scene quite clearly is there as reader appeal. Similar to how a Comedy doesn't necessarily mean that it's funny for the characters involved, it's funny for the audience ...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

GendoIkari posted:

The comparable series in terms of age range is Prism

Not sure. Prism's characters are high schoolers.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Well this is interesting~ how did yall even find this manga. I look on different sites and was never able to find a manga like this

mangadex
/r/manga on reddit

But watch out. It may become a daily task to keep track of it. ^^

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 2:41PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Totally unrealistic! You mean to tell me Usa is the way she is and had NO IDEA about alternative uses for the shower head? Pah!

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

-_- really, an 8th grade girl that acts like a super horny highschool guy, and her friend isn’t creeped out at all.

I was exactly like that when I was in 8th grade...

I was also like that in 8th grade... and 7th grade... I guess some people start early?

Really? You would go and buy pervy mags in public and show them off to your friend, and literally drool over girls? That actually surprises me. I mean I was kinda perverted back then too, but no where near as much and as blatantly as that. Though I guess there are kids having sex that young, so it really shouldn’t surprise me.

Yes, quite often too, even now. I've made even more friends that way

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The author did Mujaki no Rakuen about a 25-year-old NEET who suddenly woke up 10 years old and back in grade school. His adult mentality made him drool over all the 10 year old girls in his class and get in typical harem ecchi situations constantly. So I think the author does have some predilection for lolicon stuff.

including one scene where the two main girls he's choosing between have sex with each other "accidentally" (scissoring)

This series is pretty ecchi but at least it has an interesting take.

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 1:12AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think the lolicon tag makes sense here, (it's clearly what the author was going for) but it begs the question of why more works on this site don't have it, for instance almost every Madoka doujin. Wouldn't this standard make Inuyasha a lolicon work?

joined Jul 26, 2016

...shouldn't tags be about the content rather than the intented audience...?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This series is amazing.

It has 13-years-old girls lusting like crazy after other girls (schoolmates, women in the street, gravure idols in magazines...) and it has 13-years-old girls masturbating with showerheads and having explosive orgasms. I think only Ayame 14 went this far before... and that was a manga about 14-years-old girls, so Skeeter Rabbit beats it by one year.

And the art is super good. Normally, you only find art at this level of quality in series expected by the publisher to be major hits with the readership. I wonder if Young Animal has really high expectations for the success of this manga?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Aren't lolis just any under age girl? I guess I'm not up to speed on the finer points of the various flavors of sexualised under aged girls.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Aren't lolis just any under age girl? I guess I'm not up to speed on the finer points of the various flavors of sexualised under aged girls.

Keep it that way. Assume that anyone who tries to explain in detail is a pedophile.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Also most of and over age girls, as well as any girl without a specified age and boys with insufficient muscle. As well as anyone who wears black with lace.
The important part of determining if a character is a loli is whether they were drawn in "anime style"

This taxonomic method can be applied to most other fields as well, for instance any device which plays videogames is a Nintendo, and every elongated vehicle is a limousine.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Man, this manga is kind of messed up. Hope it gets better.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

It's a little strange to me how the NSFW just cums and goes. I can't seem to understand how it fits in yet, but I'll be keeping up I guess? lol

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

It's a little strange to me how the NSFW just cums and goes. I can't seem to understand how it fits in yet, but I'll be keeping up I guess? lol

Don't expect a justification for the ecchi content from this mangaka. Not gonna happen.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Do you normally masturbate when you think of bad stuff that happened to you and are all depressed?

joined Jun 25, 2016

Do you normally masturbate when you think of bad stuff that happened to you and are all depressed?

This. Same question.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

This. Same question.

No, but I guess she uses it as a distraction and as a coping method. Though I don't know how realistic this is...

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Also most of and over age girls, as well as any girl without a specified age and boys with insufficient muscle. As well as anyone who wears black with lace.
The important part of determining if a character is a loli is whether they were drawn in "anime style"

This taxonomic method can be applied to most other fields as well, for instance any device which plays videogames is a Nintendo, and every elongated vehicle is a limousine.

Silly me, I thought "loli" was just a shortened form of "Lolita." The more you know...

But seriously I do find it a little bit funny that there are apparently like a bunch of sub categories and flavors of under age girls each with their own label.

To reply you must either login or sign up.