Forum › Posts by themusicman500

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Tbf to MC

I don't think that confession would go over well in real life either. It sounds shallow and I think most people would prefer to hear that they're liked primarily for their character, even if that's not the case

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Was totally ready to type a snarky comment about this being a grooming relationship, then got wrecked by page 13.

themusicman500
Roid discussion 12 Sep 03:35
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

They pretty quickly started looking at Anna as "this other girl", eh? Don't even notice when they talk about her ... just back when she was still human ^^;

They treat her as a thing, and really don't show her a lot of warmth considering she's basically a teenage girl who just found out she's a clone of someone else with fake memories

themusicman500
Roid discussion 12 Sep 00:09
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I ship Yui and Reina so badly

What about Anna's poor, aching heart?

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 12:09AM

themusicman500
Roid discussion 04 Sep 23:45
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

fauce posted:

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

Replica paintings aren't intelligent nor alive though, lol.

It's a good analogy here because Anna loves Reina, but believes (probably correctly) that Reina likes Yui better because she's the original she knows

last edited at Sep 4, 2020 11:45PM

themusicman500
Roid discussion 29 Aug 03:32
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Interesting series. Anna's situation is heartbreaking on too many levels to count.

She really needs one of the girls to pull through and be "her person" or she's in big trouble mental health-wise

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 7:21AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Copypasting my Mangadex comment on the last chapter

Arf, never really liked those "Friends with benefits" things, moreso when you love someone else. Love and Lust aren't neceserally differents things, even more for someone who has lure Anna in a love hotel in order to do dirtys things with her so Mei is just being an hypocrith here. As again after Mimi-Mix, author did a poor job for the "main" couple part if Anna and Mei are suposs to be the main couple anyway since there was no real yuri moments between them since the love hotel. I have nothing against the author, but truth to be told that she always does a poor job as handeling main pair in both manga. I understand that Mei is a god of lust but since she had the collar now, is it necessary for Mei to still sleep with the president, especially if she love Anna. I don't see the problem she help her at first but that they seem to continue now is borderline NTR here.

Mei and Frenya are totally nuts with poor self-control so that behavior isn't surprising. Agree that I'd like to see romance between Anna and Mei, and would have liked to see more with the main couple in the other series

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What the hell does "gawdier" mean? I can't find it in Google.

It's an alternate spelling of "gaudier"

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So I take it all of them crossdress for absolutely stupid reasons?

He does it out of love though

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Um, like wow that's incredibly bad sexual abuse

themusicman500
Ayame 14 discussion 28 Mar 17:27
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Aunt Beast from A Wrinkle in Time?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I’ve said it clearly as I can already, but I’ll try again. There has been a fair amount of discussion as to what “should” or “should not” happen to Kirigaya or what Tadokoro and Nikaidou’s attitude toward her and her supposed reformation “should” be, all in relation to people’s real-life experience with/attitudes towards bullies.

If people want to use this story as the occasion to express their opinions about bullies and how to deal with them in real life, they certainly have the right to do so. I am saying that in the context of the story, much of that discussion is essentially irrelevant to the story and to probable future events in the story.

EDIT: A story that White Rose characterizes quite well above:

the fantastic universe of Super Nikaidou the woman of steel and her adorable sidekick Tadokoro the angel girl.

I agree with your (and White Rose's) take on what the story is. However I don't think commenters sharing their personal feelings on bullies, or their emotional reaction to the bully character in the story, indicates that they're genre-blind, or that they're not understanding the manga properly.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Seriously where do you people keep pulling this bizarre idea that petty schoolyard bullies are magically all sociopathic master liars who could bullshit their way through a psych evaluation, and why?

As has been previously suggested, we seem to have some examples of Commenter Genre Blindness--this just isn't the kind of story where a person like Kirigaya could cause a serious problem of any kind, full stop.

We recall that in the forum initially there was some uncertainty about exactly what the genre of this story was and how "realistic" it was supposed to be (there was some fairly detailed explication of the physics of thrown baseballs, if I recall correctly).

I think it's safe to say that at this point Nikaidou has displayed a preternatural ability to deal with any problem that may come along. Parsing out the ethics/justice of dealing with real-life bullies is like arguing about the nuances of 1940s warship construction in regard to Space Battleship Yamato.

Could you clarify what your argument is and what the argument you're responding to is?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I must admit that probably one the weirdest off topic I saw in this forum, so to get back on topic, anybody why Hino didn't get affected by the aphrodisiacs ? Maybe she is perpually aroused so it doesn't have any effect ?

Aphrodisiacs generally are fake and don't work at all, unless you count drugs like amphetamines and testosterone
(AKA steroids):
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/07/04/417366802/aphrodisiacs-can-spark-sexual-imagination-but-probably-not-libido

But she was clearly already excited so we wouldn't have noticed if it did work.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I swear, one of Yukiko-sensei's favorite games is trolling the "they're basically married but are they dating?" crowd.

@Blastaar

I don't think the author is out to mock readers for "getting it wrong". The intention is for the reader to ask that question and decide for themselves what the story means to them. Obviously the MC's relationship is yuri, but there's nothing wrong with preferring aspects of the more traditional "officially going out" relationship of, for example, Koruri and Moka.

Also I don't know if that mini-essay from a short while back about medieval canon law and how people were applying that standard to this story was entirely directed at me or not, but simply put I don't believe that stuff at all. I just don't personally feel "dating" is the right word to describe two people who don't consider themselves to exactly be lovers, even if in practice they pretty much are. I understand why others do think of them as dating and I wouldn't argue against it.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 3:39AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I swear, one of Yukiko-sensei's favorite games is trolling the "they're basically married but are they dating?" crowd.

Each new installment seems to bring some new example of the depth and longevity of the MC's relationship while withholding the kind of "evidence" the skeptics apparently are waiting for.

Skeptics of what? Besides the semantics of the word “dating”, I don’t see any room for debate here.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What are Y'all talking about? They just explained their relationship and in 53. Like seriously Sakurako spelled out the exact nature of their relationship and the reason the don't label it before having a lie-down on Kasumi. And already resolved to be together forever. It's a frequent event, actually. All bases are covered at this point. All of them. They're in love, They're going to be together forever, they're accepted by each other's family as in-laws, they cuddle often, they kiss often enough tfor it to be casual.They flirt all the time,hold hands, sleep
in the same bed in lingerie. What more do you need?

^I absolutely agree with everything you said here, but to answer that last question:

I do think the label holds some significance. It'd make me happy to see "partner who's something like my girlfriend" becomes just plain "girlfriend" (along with the other stuff still intact) before the manga's end. This is not to downplay the love for each other they've demonstrated all throughout the series, but just as kissing is a symbol of romance, so is stating or at least thinking concretely that the person you love is your girlfriend, at least to me.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

A clever way to improve the manga and subvert the reader's expectations would be to make it into two parallel romances between Yukka and Hime, and Akira with 5-kun. Hime would continue to try her best to support Akira as a friend, gradually learning to be less explosive and more tactful, and eventually make peace with the fact that Akira is a straight woman who can't return her feelings.

This is assuming Yukka isn't already dating the waitress.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 11:35PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^@White Rose
I would say that’s an accurate reading of the story. I’m not sure how many first-time readers would necessarily agree with it, though, mostly because (in the part you quoted) you don’t quite say why Kasumi is so “high maintenance,” which is her almost superhuman laziness.

Judging by the comments here, a number of readers assume that, rather than having a initial romantic interest in Sakurako, Kasumi is just going with the flow, letting her roommate take care of her and do all the various everyday things that Kasumi can’t be bothered to do.

I don’t agree with that reading—I think you can see Kasumi’s fondness for Sakurako from the very beginning (look at her expression when Sakurako says, “Let’s go home” on the last page of Chapter 1):

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch01#16

Don’t get me wrong—I totally agree with your reading of the two of them being emotionally bonded from the start. But Kasumi’s deadpan nonchalance about (almost) everything does open the door for oppositional readings that see the connection between the two very differently. The thing that makes that “almost” necessary—Kasumi’s fierce reaction when bonbon-drunk Sakurako is about to kiss another girl—also is one of the most obvious things that show that they’re wrong and you’re right.

They definitely both like each other. However I don't think it's accurate, literally or figuratively, to say they're ALREADY in a romantic relationship, not yet anyway. They still have another step or two left to go, and since two couples have already gone official thus far, it's fairly safe to say they'll get there. What I don't buy is that Kasumi secretly thought they were going out the whole time, or that they're making out and having sex off-panel.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

To be honest, I'm shocked at the use of foreshadowing here. The first time reading it doesn't look like there's anything the matter with Usa's friend in the first scene Her facial expressions are relatively normal considering she just got body slammed to the ground, and the author deliberately draws attention to Usa. But if you look closely at the friend's face you notice she has a few mysterious droplets of sweat and a slight blush for about 3 panels during and after Usa bumps into her, she'd have to have been standing right in front of Usa's locker, and Usa takes note of her gym clothes haphazardly stuffed into her bag, even though she seems like the type of person to do that anyway. It's not until the end when all of the pieces of the puzzle come together.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 12:59AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

My, i know damn well that ecchi and lolicon should not be paired together, yet still proceed to read the whole thing. Please send help.
Also send help to the loli's mom, she's blushing a little too hard for no reason.

It seems like she might have a crush on MC, which blinds her to the fact that MC is... well you know..

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very insightful comment by Grail. MC is a jerk thus far, and the manga really needs to focus on that. She doesn't have to get together with Moto to redeem herself but she is going to have learn to treat others humanely.

Although... it would be clever it this turned out to be the central conflict of the manga. In order to win the game the players have to treat people as objects, but at the same time MC tries to be a better and more considerate person than she originally is. Don't think that'll happen, but it'd be a decent direction.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The introducing of the girls being able to swap with other girls kinda killed the manga because you introduce all these set pairings and then fuck them up

Did that happen already in the translated chapters? I don't remember them swapping with other girls. If anything I thought they were getting closer to a romantic end.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

No bisexual tag?

For now they are both straight. Which makes the yuri tag double hilarious

That’s an interesting discussion though. Does a girl falling in love with a boy and then fiding out they were a girl and still liking her make her bisexual? If she’s only in love with and attracted to one girl and otherwise only likes guys I would say she wouldn’t be bisexual.

Sorry, the "one exception" excuse is false. There are many bisexual women who heavily lean towards one gender. They tell themselves that the one person of the gender they are usually not attracted to was the exception, but that's not a thing. They are bisexual. Sexuality makes no "single exception".

On the other hand, both characters here are in fact women, and are crushing on a woman. They might be bisexual, or they could be exclusively attracted to women and not consciously realize it, which is the case in several yuri stories on this site. Not enough information to say.

last edited at Jan 28, 2019 11:46PM

themusicman500
Image Comments 23 Jan 22:25
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Dbpzm51uiaa7fb2-orig

Nico isn't actually that much shorter in the show.