Forum › If I Can Encounter Koshiba Aoi Today discussion

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

oof i feel the drama oozing out of this

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love Fly’s art. :’) Chapter 1 raws should be floating about as well. Y’all gonna love Sahoko.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is going to hurt, isn't it?

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

Author stated that it's gonna be bittersweet and also explicitly said that it's an adolescence, not yuri. Besides I can't vouch much for the author since the only thing he's made was a het harem manga.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Author stated that it's gonna be bittersweet and also explicitly said that it's an adolescence, not yuri. Besides I can't vouch much for the author since the only thing he's made was a het harem manga.

Does that mean the yuri tag should be removed?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I added that tag for now, until story won't show more. Tags always change after a while cuz we know what's it's in the Manga. For now there are 2 chapters (0 & 1) so it's hard to say. If it will be necessary tags will be updated later.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

It could be interesting. I like the Art Style :)

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Wow, promising. Great art too.

Blank
joined Aug 3, 2015

I really like art style of フライ, yet I would not read this manga now. I don't have much confidence on Takeoka Hazuki's script.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Artwork is great. I’ll hold my opinion on writing until I read the first chapter.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Author of Masamune-kun? That'll definitely temper my expectations.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It doesn't feel like a first chapter, is like a time skip ? like this is chapter 99, then we start from 1 to 98 and then 100... Feels like someone was playing around with the tomboy girl, I guess?

The manga centers on "cultured high school girl" Sahoko and "spontaneous high school girl" Aoi. A "punch-drunk love story" unfolds as they spend their fleeting youth in high school

I think is fine to leave the yuri tag

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 6:33PM

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Look out, this maybe cannot be Yuri...for the person who upload, is there any confirmation that the series will be Yuri? I think it's better the subtext's tag...don't u?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Fucking adolescence?
When will this meme of "they need to marry men when older" die
I'd ask why this is even on the site but then I remember sound euphonium is loved here

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

based on the summary, no doubt that this is going to be a bittersweet story dealing with one's first love or love issues in general, and about struggling with one's sexuality. I can already see based on the prologue, that this is not going to be your typical fluffy yuri romance, since it's actually a time skip, and we already see that the girls didn't get together for reasons that are yet to be known. I totally don't mind those kinds of stories as long as they are well written. I hope this story doesn't go with your typical "girls can't be together/being gay is just a phase" cliche. I understand very well that the japanese society doesn't embrace homosexuality, but it is being so overused in yuri manga that it became just boring and annoying. I hope this one will actually have an interesting plot and characters, and not just a pile of cliches and overused tropes. well, we'll see!

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 7:51PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

so what your saying this is a hard pass.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Love the art
Love the premise

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh dear, that sounds like Class S to me.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh dear, that sounds like Class S to me.

... I am honestly disappointed. But well at least now I know not to expect all too much.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I was looking up some information on the aforementioned harem manga that Takeoka Hazuki wrote, called Masamune-kun's Revenge. Yeah, from my impressions of that one, I'm not too confident that this manga will be very good...Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

At the very least, Fly's art is great as always, so there's that.

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 10:38PM

joined Jan 10, 2017

Ugh. That's literally the opposite of yuri. That's anti-yuri. That shit shouldn't even be allowed on this site.

joined Jun 19, 2016

I don't want to judge too harshly based on literally "Chapter 0" but going off what we have so far, the comments here, and the garbage that is Masamune-kun, I think this is a waste of a great artist.

"More than friends but less than lovers"
Get out of here with that shit. I can do explicit lesbian romance and I can do CGDCT subtext but this in-between, "it's just youth" crap is no good.

Like, seriously, we have Yagakimi on TV now where a girl who thinks that way is an antagonist and yet this shit still exists? I'm triggered as hell.

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 12:10AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Hey mods, not trying to be demanding or offensive in the least, but can I just suggest that stories that are kinda iffy on their premise like this not have the "yuri" tag upfront? I personally like the notion that the "yuri" tag has to be earned, like how "Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru" is only given a "Subtext" tag and even though they're like "superfriends" at this point.

It helps people go into stories like this with trepidation, and if nothing does come out of it, they only have themselves to blame for expecting something more than subtext. Not everyone knows to check up on authors/writers past work to decide if a series would be good or not, and honestly they shouldn't have to imo.

Again no offense intended, just my two cents as a casual reader.

joined Feb 17, 2016

Yuri tag is good

Picture of promotion in Yuri Hime Magazine 12-2018

https://i.ibb.co/ySCMPYF/photo-2018-12-02-01-36-52.jpg

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Bittersweet. So "yuri", but no yuri happens, because at 16 year old, you're unsure about everything and the group applies some pressure.

If it goes like I think it will, Aoi probably didn't get invited because she came out at some point and some assholes felt uncomfortable around her, so the organizer decided to exclude her. "What if she makes a move on me? yuck!"

And the MC was probably in love with her at some point too (maybe it was even mutual) but was too unsure to take that step and they graduated without anything happening. Some side characters will be supporting, others will give warnings or be disgusted.

And I see it with an open ending where the two, now adult, women, re-start as friends and maybe more in the future.

To reply you must either login or sign up.