Forum › Posts by ColdGoldLazarus

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is gonna be fun >:D

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Masterful first chapter. I'm on board with this.

I think the most interesting part to me, is that the flashback at the end doesn't just recontextualize Wakaba, but also Komaki's apparent sadism and superiority complex. It feels like she's pushing these deals both out of desire for Wakaba, but also on some level still wants Wakaba to drag her back down to earth as much as Wakaba does. The big question is if that part of the motivation is still a conscious thing for Komaki or if she's managed to bury it to subconscious levels by now, by buying into her own hype. But her forlorn faces on page 21 and page 27 seem to imply that she's still on some level aware of her own insecurities.

ColdGoldLazarus
It's You! discussion 04 Feb 23:48
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Usually these characters are super dense and stuff, but I do like that here the thought process was less like, obliviousness to the possibility it was her, and more like, acknowledging that, but trying to consider other angles on it first to avoid any misunderstandings, and maybe committing to that a little too hard. Like, I respect the humility, and if she really was a Dense Black Hole like some other characters, that last conversation would not have turned out the way it did; she's not stupid, just doesn't want to assume. And I dig that vibe, helps kinda reinforce the theme that like, actually communicating effectively is better, without falling back on the usual more melodramatic angles.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

So, as far as I can tell:
1. Back in the day, miss great-aunt was sweethearts with a girl she went to school with. They weren't coming out and saying it directly, but it seemed pretty romantic (and doomed, because of marriages and stuff).
2. Then she died (in a kind of silly way).
3. The other girl must at some point have also died
4. And been reincarnated as the current-time live girl who can see her,
5. And who has dreams about the past life, and still/again loves her
6. And who really wants her to stick around as a ghost so they can be kind of together instead of going to heaven, so she doesn't want her to remember the past stuff and get anything resolved.
7. I don't really understand what the ghost marriage part is about. Since none of the characters do either, I'm assuming that's OK and will be explained to some extent in due course.

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Interesting balance of sorrow with a bit of comedy and flippancy.

I don't think the second girl even died in the first place, there was just a two-year timeskip after the first one's death. Since she didn't remember her after dying, she's been frustrated but playing along with that, out of fear that if she remembers, then she'll move on.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This was incredible xD

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

THIS IS EXTREMELY SILLY

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Yet another oneshot I would do terrible things to see turned into a series.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Yueyue deserves the best wingwoman award

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

At first with the choking I thought this was gonna be some weird black comedy, but then it just kept being played straight, so... yandere tag?

ColdGoldLazarus
Uta-Kata discussion 14 Jan 16:04
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

"It is time for this girl to face her choice..." Ichika x Manatsu or Ichika x Michiru?

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Cuuuuuute!

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

The cover art was cute, at least. Really wish I'd read the tags.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

My only disappointment with this was that it didn't end in a threesome

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

First chapter and the first half of the second got me interested, though gonna share the sentiment that the magic copying seemed kinda... ehhh... Especially after it was stressed earlier just how much training is usually required. Like, I can buy her being hypercompetent in a mundane way and the mystery being just what she went through before this to develop those skills, but I was hoping it would be a case of Badass Normal next to all these noble ladies and mages and stuff. Also wish we'd get to develop the other gal a bit better before leaping right into adding a third.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This was gorgeous.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I love how batshit this continues to be XD

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Finally caught up with this! And I really love it. Beautiful ending to a surprisingly emotional ride. I'm also glad that we at least got some sort of closure on Chinatsu-senpai as well.

Definitely one of my favorites!

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

That was excellent, I ship them now <3

Yet another oneshot I would love to see expanded to a full series

last edited at Nov 26, 2023 2:39AM

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

After that last chapter I'm kinda feeling like Koto is gonna be a problem, and Erika and Aya ironically are going to end up with the best dynamic

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Yeahhh, that divination teacher is definitely giving skeezy vibes. I half-wonder if him grooming her in the original timeline was a contributor in her becoming the Demon Queen.

last edited at Oct 13, 2023 1:21AM

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I honestly like that they're setting up this other person now instead of just like, SURPRISE outta nowhere later.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Loved seeing her rise through the rankings. Girl worked hard to get here.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Just caught up, and I probably have more to say, but for now just commenting on how I love the emotional whiplash this manga pulls off. Drama melts into comedy, and then BAM NIGHTMARE FUEL reminder this is still very much a ghost story. Great stuff.

If we go by Japanese myth, ghosts can fuck all right. They'll come out of their graves at night, pick you up, take you someplace private and bang your brains out! And if you both liked it, you can keep seeing each other! Wheee!

Of course one morning the city guard will find in a ditch, on some random street, your dead body hugging a skull and some old bones. Oh well -- nobody's perfect, as Joe E. Brown said.

I always thought "Daphne" would have no choice but to marry him after that reply. I mean, Osgood Fielding demolished "her" in that discussion—and after the last reply, "she" was left speechless and with no arguments left!

...Wut?

last edited at Oct 10, 2023 1:24AM

ColdGoldLazarus
Piquant discussion 09 Oct 22:05
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

An interesting turn here...

This is fun ^^

ColdGoldLazarus
That Game discussion 01 Oct 09:39
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018