Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Since when girls in Sakura Trick learned what romance even is, to have intimate one?

If you watched the anime, in Episode 8, Yuu thought that Haruka proposed to her, and agreed to marry her. This after trying to ask her sister about gay relationships and being shut down by her. Then when Haruka kissed her in a casual way on their wedding day, Yuu cried because Haruka wasn't being romantic. So Haruka kissed her again and said, "this is our wedding kiss, Yuu. And this one. And this one. All of our kisses are wedding kisses." That made Yuu stop crying, but then when Yuu found out they werent getting married, she was upset with Haruka the rest of the day.

Same episode, secondhalf, Yuu is so overwhelmed with her feelings for Haruka that she avoids her completely and even her sister, already falling for Haruka, intervenes to bring them together. They confess they've both been overwhelmed, agree to work it out together, and then (Christmas being the #1 Valentine's day for couples in Japan, VDay is #2 and White Day is #3), while they kiss, behind them a laser show with a bunch of hearts and other Valentine-y things explodes, fade out to their entwined silhouettes.

Last two volumes, IIRC.

Where can you read Sakura trick?

Various places and:

https://honto.jp/ebook/search_10桜Trick%E3%80%801.html?srchf=1&tbty=0

You can also get the same thing on Amazon or amazon.jp but I much prefer Honto - cheaper and faster.

I don't think any of the tankobons have been licensed in English translation yet.

I would recommend ebooks for manga unless your Japanese is fluent. I have Shinozaki in print and the tankobons are such tiny print it's impossible to read without a magnifying glass. Even though Shinozaki is very easy to read - it has furigana throughout.

ON EDIT: I just checked and it's in Volume 2 tank chapter 16. Haruka adjusted Yuu's lipstick by giving her a quick kiss. She is just about to discover that Yuu thinks they are getting married, vs just going to Haruka's cousin's wedding.

This is poor little Yuu:

YUU:
You don't do that with a wedding kiss, it's important!
Haruka is acting strange.
Don't you want to be happy?
Haruka, don't you want to marry me??

Haruka comes through like a trooper:

HARUKA:
(kisses Yuu)
This right now?
It is our wedding vow kiss . . (kiss) This too. . (kiss) This too. . they're all, all wedding kisses.

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 10:15PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

why are the back ground people blushing when she said 3 quarter bed?

last edited at Feb 7, 2019 8:08PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I still can't tell how serious Kasumi, and Sakurako are, with their love play.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

why are the back round people blushing when she said 3 quarter bed?

Actually, it turns out that a 3/4 bed is just slightly larger than a single bed and smaller than a double bed. (They were in a single in high school.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

A double is big enough for two US adults, but you’re not exactly rolling around in wide-open space, so a 3/4 bed for two is obviously going to be snuggly even if Sakurako wasn’t so clingy.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Pomf

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i know this is a slice of life/comedy manga and im not suposed to think about all of this but at the chapter when they graduate i couldn´t stop thinking "men what a boring school life they had" i mean the didn´t do shit
At that age i used to stay at school 3 or 4 hrs after my classes were over, playing basketball volleyball hanging with friends etc, those were the best years of my life
at least kasumi went to work after class but sakurako decide to waste 3 years of her life doing nothing but cooking and cleaning i mean she didn´t need to, kasumi spent a lot of time working she could use that time to hang with friends geting into a club or anything really and get home in time to make diner and spend the rest of the day with kasumi

maybe im just used to having more subtance in my slice of lice and less fluff

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 1:30AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

i know this is a slice of life/comedy manga and im not suposed to think about all of this but at the chapter when they graduate i couldn´t stop thinking "men what a boring school life they had" i mean the didn´t do shit
At that age i used to stay at school 3 or 4 hrs after my classes were over, playing basketball volleyball hanging with friends etc, those were the best years of my life
at least kasumi went to work after class but sakurako decide to waste 3 years of her life doing nothing but cooking and cleaning i mean she didn´t need to, kasumi spent a lot of time working she could use that time to hang with friends geting into a club or anything really and get home in time to make diner and spend the rest of the day with kasumi

maybe im just used to having more subtance in my slice of lice and less fluff

Or maybe you have different values than other people~?
Not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes a fulfilling life-style. Sakurako read the entire library at the school during those 3 years. Sakurako learned dozens of new recipes during those 3 years. Sakurako spent every possible second with the girl she loves for those 3 years. She did a test of courage, went on a school trip, tutored her sister, went to a shrine 100 times, had a flower viewing where she got drunk on chocolates and she watched movies with her classmates.

Those are just some of the things we actually saw. You can bet they did even more during the large timeskips. If you can't see how these things are fulfilling to a person, you ought to broaden your horizons.

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 2:59AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Or maybe you have different values than other people~?
Not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes a fulfilling life-style. Sakurako read the entire library at the school during those 3 years. Sakurako learned dozens of new recipes during those 3 years. Sakurako spent every possible second with the girl she loves for those 3 years. She did a test of courage, went on a school trip, tutored her sister, went to a shrine 100 times, had a flower viewing where she got drunk on chocolates and she watched movies with her classmates.

Those are just some of the things we actually saw. You can bet they did even more during the large timeskips. If you can't see how these things are fulfilling to a person, you ought to broaden your horizons.

maybe you´re right maybe there´s people with hobbies goals interest, etc and people that just wants to be gay at his his home
by the way sakuraro read the entire library and learn the recipes out of boredom for waiting for kasumi

just to be clear im not saying the manga is bad by any meas or that i have a problem with it, i just find weird and kind of lazy that the 3 year of high school pass in 40 chapters compared to stuff like yuru yuri that´s 100+ chapter and the girls are still in the same year (maybe im wrong it´s been a while since i read yuru yuri feel fre to correct)

maybe the author didn´t fell confortable wiritng a story in a school setting i mean the story is about two girls living together and in my opinion that kind of setting works better in a story about adults or young adults like fusoroi no renri maybe that´s why the author move as quick as posible so he could wirte in a setting he´d be more confortable i don´t know man you don´t need to get to defensive

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 5:40AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

WOAH woah woah, is it just me or did this series get (even) gayer after Sakurako snipped her hair? It’s like Kasumi became very touchy after her haircut, which is welcomed. So she’s got a type huh. Albeit Sakurako looked prettier with longer hair. Now she looks cute.

I don't think it is possible for Sakurako to get any gayer, but is always nice to see hints that Kasumi really might be starting to reciprocate some of those feelings. It's hard to tell since she is so insanely laid back.

when saku was kiss-drunk and tried to kiss an other girl, kasumi snapped for the first and only time in the manga

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'd say the new pair, Moka and Koruri, are obviously opposite versions of Sakurako and Kasumi. Koruri looks like Sakurako and seems to have a personality more similar to her in many ways, but she's not organized and is in Kasumi's major. Meanwhile Moka has a lot of Kasumi's traits, like wanting to sleep a lot and ovoid the heat, but she's in Sakurako's major and seems to be the "gayer" of the two, though Koruri certainly seems to have eyes for Kasumi... but, then again, who hasn't in the story?

I get the feeling that Moka's "sleep" is not like Kasumi's "sleep".

I still can't tell how serious Kasumi, and Sakurako are, with their love play.

According to spoilers from last chapter they'll be together until age 90, then say to each other that it was just a prank, and split up.

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 5:49AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

by the way sakuraro read the entire library and learn the recipes out of boredom for waiting for kasumi

Are you really implying people can't actually enjoy reading or cooking for their loved ones?

just to be clear im not saying the manga is bad by any meas or that i have a problem with it, i just find weird and kind of lazy that the 3 year of high school pass in 40 chapters compared to stuff like yuru yuri that´s 100+ chapter and the girls are still in the same year (maybe im wrong it´s been a while since i read yuru yuri feel fre to correct)

Yuru Yuri isn't really a suitable series to compare with, being one of those where the time does not progress, as brilliantly lampshaded in-series by the repeated school trip. It could go on for hundreds of chapters more and we'd still be in the same year, as silly as that might seem.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Yuru Yuri isn't really a suitable series to compare with, being one of those where the time does not progress, as brilliantly lampshaded in-series by the repeated school trip. It could go on for hundreds of chapters more and we'd still be in the same year, as silly as that might seem.

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning. Existance is upside down and yuri reigns supreme.

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 6:07AM

joined May 4, 2018

Is it just me or hoping it could have an anime adaptation?

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch42#9

So we’ve finally achieved peak gay then?

It's like a roller coaster with kasumi since sometimes she riles her up and others reels her back in when she goes a bit crazy. Hopefully its not the highest of what we'll get to

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Is it just me or hoping it could have an anime adaptation?

It made it onto the candidate list in that Japanese "what manga would you like to see an anime of" poll that someone just mentioned over in the Nettaigyo thread a week or so ago, so someone is at least aware of it.

edit: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/13728-nettaigyo-wa-yuki-ni-kogareru-discussion?page=40

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 8:20AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

maybe you´re right maybe there´s people with hobbies goals interest, etc and people that just wants to be gay at his his home

Yes, any hobby is done out of boredom, thanks for that enlightening statement~
You don't get to decide what counts as a hobby, though.

There is nothing lazy about it. We don't need to follow every day of those 3 long years. We got what we needed out of it and move on. I find it far more lazy to desperately cling to the high-school setting, as so many authors are prone to do.

maybe the author didn´t fell confortable wiritng a story in a school setting i mean the story is about two girls living together and in my opinion that kind of setting works better in a story about adults or young adults like fusoroi no renri maybe that´s why the author move as quick as posible so he could wirte in a setting he´d be more confortable i don´t know man you don´t need to get to defensive

How am I defensive...? I am trying to explain to you that your view on the world is too limited, nothing more. I know that this wasn't an evaluation of the manga's quality lol

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

Since when girls in Sakura Trick learned what romance even is, to have intimate one?

Last two volumes, IIRC.

Where can you read Sakura trick?

Despite being removed from dynasty, Lazy Lily still post updates on new releases in Sakura Trick thread. So obviously you can still read their past and new releases on their site (and any other site that upload their releases).

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 5:54PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

WOAH woah woah, is it just me or did this series get (even) gayer after Sakurako snipped her hair? It’s like Kasumi became very touchy after her haircut, which is welcomed. So she’s got a type huh. Albeit Sakurako looked prettier with longer hair. Now she looks cute.

I don't think it is possible for Sakurako to get any gayer, but is always nice to see hints that Kasumi really might be starting to reciprocate some of those feelings. It's hard to tell since she is so insanely laid back.

It seems pretty clear (even without yuri goggles) that Kasumi already has no objection to the two of them always being together, living together, sleeping together, kissing, cuddling, holding hands (with intertwined fingers, even), getting married, going on a honeymoon, and being members of each others’ family.

I do understand the distinction between “having no objection to a considerable degree of physical and emotional intimacy” and actively desiring such intimacy. Arguably we’re not there yet, but it’s not far, and there’s not much blocking the way.

Oh yeah, it's definitely apparent that Kasumi truly loves Sakurako. The only question is if there is a sexual dimension to that love. People tend to forget that not everyone who is asexual is aromantic and more importantly there are plenty of happily married couples out there where one or more of the partners is asexual. If you have ever met a real world couple where one of them is asexual and the other isn't they actually act pretty much just like these two. Even if Kasumi really never does feel any sort of sexual attraction towards Sakurako it certainly doesn't mean they couldn't get married. They obviously already have a very close and special relationship together.

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 10:52PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

In what world is 40 chapters lazy?
K-on did three years in 4 volumes with a total of 56 chapters, then it moved on to college.
A Room For Two has done three years in 4 volumes with a total of 40 chapters + 5 bonus chapters.
These two series are very similar, and it would be difficult to find someone who thinks K-on was "lazy" because there weren't 100+ chapters.

If we could decide if something is lazy or poorly made by looking at its size, I would actually insist that Yuru Yuri's author isn't trying very hard if that many chapters have passed without any significant changes. But that's not how things work. The quantity of a work isn't proportional to its quality. It can only have a subjective impact on someone's opinion.

Family Circus debuted in 1960, and is still going and nobody in it has changed. That comic is probably older than 99% of the people on this site. Is that a good thing? Bad?
Look at Garfield. Is Garfield still funny to this day? I don't think it is, but certainly there are other people who look forward to the sunday paper every week because of it.
Now look at Calvin and Hobbes. It had a good long run and now it's done. Would it be better if it had continued? (...Bill Watterson's wishes not withstanding that is...) Well... that isn't for me to say, right? I think that it ended perfectly. My brother even has a framed print of its final page that I am extremely jealous of. But there are people who want it to return in some way. There's even some really impressive fan comics out there, like one about an adult Calvin and Suzy's daughter, and they're pretty darn good.

...boy oh boy, this sure is a lot of text. Maybe I should stop here. Sorry 'bout that.
(btw I have absolutely no hate for Namori, she's an incredibly skilled mangaka and I have a lot of admiration and respect for her. I actually really like a lot of the characters in YuruYuri, the manga just doesn't appeal to me.)

joined Mar 15, 2017

The official web serialization actually follows the real world calendar, so every time April comes around the characters move up a year.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

That bonus was adorable

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

Someone took the yuri dial and turned it up to 20 before realizing it was on a logarithmic scale.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

That bonus!!! real,good old yuri,yeeeeees!!!!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"I've longed to have a dear, special friend just like they have".

Then they kiss off-camera. Even the in-story characters are joining the meme.

EDIT: I kinda fear now for Kasumi living under the same roof as the lecherous beast Sakurako has become.

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 9:33PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh wow, and they acknowledged that Moka is bi and actively flirting with Ruri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.