Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

I raised an eyebrows when Sakurako asked a stranf of hair just after the IPS cells mention. But I guess she wouldn't lie to Kasumi so the hairs are going to the charm... for the time being

It's a handy place to store them... After all, she doesn't have access to a -80 F Freezer.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Did this evolve from SUBTEXT to YURI without me realizing it???

Evolve? Its always been Yuri. * Rolls in blackboard and extends teaching pointer* Observe! The subtext literally only lasted for a few chapters. Then Kasumi kissed Sakurako to exchange candy. The next time we see them kiss Sakurako says "We're at school!" Which implies she and Kasumi kiss at home. Now the kisses we've seen last were really casual confirming that they're commonplace. Now note Kasumi is the one who usually triggers the relationship flags. Their sleeping together and well de facton marriage came about from Kasumi calling Sakurako her wife, proposing to her, and asking Sakurako's mother for her blessing and obtaining it. Now!! Note that their intimacy is shown more often by them holding each other and taking care of each other. One last note for the test. There is a genre of Yuri called background yuri. That's what this manga is. I know it's weird with them so obviously loving each other(especially Sakurako) and this manta being about their domestic life together but...well it qualifies for the genre. If only because we've never seem them define their relationship to others.

last edited at Jan 22, 2019 3:22PM

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Did this evolve from SUBTEXT to YURI without me realizing it???

Will The Tag War ever end?

joined Jul 2, 2014

Murasaki's story is too relatable dang
Sakurako makes for a good hero surprisingly

last edited at Jan 22, 2019 9:57PM

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

I do feel sad for this class
Why? my last days at high school is full of memories, friends, meeting, talking with teachers and all of that fullfilled stuff
It's very touched, and we just not only wait for university test, but also don't wanna leave our high school
Left behind so much give me nostagic feeling, sad and happy in the same times
How dare they stay at home in the very end of high school life time?
Oh.......... The oh day.......

Xwnfjbgf_b13g2rn4ougk5q5qs5-ma_whizjq1gdxedivthszkmkazg7uemsjunbqg0wufp2no1daqyxddxozeot9jdw0o9_9i8rzxaml-imbtg87b4usef0nvehkt-uub7x-t4ekikfd0jeksoyxg
joined Jun 16, 2018

As someone who has read this serie since secondary school and now is a second year in high school, I am very happy to see the serie has reached this far. Very very happy to know that the serie will still continue!
As much as I would like my high school to be somewhat as fun as them, I guess there're just nothing to be done about it =w=
Well, that's that. The graduation is not that touching though.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Not final chapter I hope :(

joined Aug 23, 2013

Living together
Kissing
Sharing the same bed
Wanting to marry each other
Parents giving an okay
Wanting to have the other's baby

This exactly how normal friends behave, don't be fools, this isn't yuri at all. They are just normal friends.Totally normal and ordinary.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

is it the end? i hope not!!

Screen%20shot%202018-05-06%20at%205.00.43%20pm
joined Nov 6, 2017

I hope there's still more!

Lotsa%20rukas%20(2)
joined Mar 16, 2017

lol my heart almost stopped, i thought it was the last chapter

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch40#15

Kasumi knows exactly what she's doing. In a sense, I think she's actually the more aggressive one. Sakurako's way of showing affection is just more obvious (or extreme?)...

For everyone having a slight heart attack. Yes, it's still ongoing. Vol. 4 is finished here now, but vol. 6 came out not too long ago and it's still ongoing.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 2:22AM

Lotsa%20rukas%20(2)
joined Mar 16, 2017

For everyone having a slight heart attack. Yes, it's still ongoing. Vol. 4 is finished here now, but vol. 6 came out not too long ago and it's still ongoing.

thank god, that's good to know

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really enjoyed this series over the years- even if I wish it was a bit more direct with the yuri developments :)

I'm surprised it is carrying on with the same name after such a big change / obvious ending - I'd assumed if we were getting the college years it would get a fresh start with a new name. But I'm glad there's more to come.

I assume their parents are paying the rent and buying all that stuff? Its not like they have jobs - and even if they get part time jobs they cant make the 150k yen or so a month they'd need.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 2:58AM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

The fact that it is going on into their college years amazes me. It's very rare that a story has so much development like this.

joined Mar 4, 2015

When will they get to 2nd base and then the best base 3rd base?

joined Jun 23, 2017

I really enjoyed this series over the years- even if I wish it was a bit more direct with the yuri developments :)

I'm surprised it is carrying on with the same name after such a big change / obvious ending - I'd assumed if we were getting the college years it would get a fresh start with a new name. But I'm glad there's more to come.

I assume their parents are paying the rent and buying all that stuff? Its not like they have jobs - and even if they get part time jobs they cant make the 150k yen or so a month they'd need.

Definitely nice to hear that there is more :D

The rent was only 100k yen. Split it in two and it would be 50k per person, so around 500 USD. Should be doable with a part time job each or if they have a schoolarship or student loan.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 3:29AM

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

i've also read this since i was in like, my third year in high school. now that i'm in my last year in college, there's somehow this sense of nostalgia. i'm really glad that this manga has come this far. who knows what they'll be like in college!?

9e3b1f312b8b179110d34885c12274471490360271_full
joined Jan 7, 2019

Nooooooooo! Not The Braids!
altho short hair Sakurako is nice too

joined May 20, 2013

Page 9: "hang out out again"

I'm glad it continues. At this pace there should be a lot of room for volumes yet. Not just for two either. It may be a rare case when the main couple is the cutest, but there could be stories about the others, too.

18486343_1820567218259948_7606926089368158706_n
joined Apr 7, 2012

"Expenses sure do pile up when you're newlyweds."
me:..... HMM!? sees next panel... GDAMNIT!

joined Jun 30, 2015

This exactly how normal friends behave, don't be fools, this isn't yuri at all. They are just normal friends.Totally normal and ordinary.

It only crosses the line when handholding, and that's all.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Can't wait for the sequel (coming out 2025) "A Room For Three"

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The rent was only 100k yen. Split it in two and it would be 50k per person, so around 500 USD. Should be doable with a part time job each or if they have a schoolarship or student loan.

I was adding on for expenses - they need a lot more than just rent- food etc. Still seems a lot to earn when they are meant to be studying- a lot of Japanese schools even outright forbid part time work (though dunno if this goes for colleges too).

I reckon, roughly, they'd need to make 20k yen a week each - so about 20hr work a week each- I'm just gonna assume their families are well off enough to cover most of it for them- say their parents split the rent at least.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 4:50AM

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

100k yen is f'ing ridiculous at least for me

To reply you must either login or sign up.