Forum › Addicted to Her discussion

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

When I see characters try so hard to avoid a relationship I start cheering for them to actually succeed... which makes me always bitter when it fails. Guess my aro-ness at work, making me project my insecurities on them.
I don't get why the authors write tsunderes resisting so much. It's not dramatic, it feels like they are forced by the author to fall in love and makes me feel awful for both sides.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 11:33AM

joined Jun 16, 2023

It reminds me of a quite popular supercorp fanfiction.

I think I know the one you mean, and I had the same thought.

Although Chapter 2 immediately took things in a different direction.

joined May 10, 2021

Holy updates Batman!
Cheers for that!

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

Hey what happened to all the updates?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Series Note

There was a bit of a mix-up with this series. By requests of the scanlators, updates beyond chapter 2 have been removed for the time being. Those chapters will return in the future, when some adjustments have been made to them. Thanks to all involved with the effort, and sorry for the trouble!

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 5:45PM

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

Thanks so much!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Nan Zhi has a really scientific mindset. She has formulated a falsifiable hypothesis ("sex and intimacy feel boring and empty") and dedicated herself to falsifying it. How would you know whether it is truly false unless you have sex with your best friend's little sister at least 10 times? It's for science!

joined Feb 17, 2018

Appropriately enough to the title, that sure is addict logic

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ooh I reeeally like this. I'm such a sucker for both, "i can't get enough of her now," vibes, and ESPECIALLY the onee-san glowup romance. kino.

it's enough to get me past the overdone, florid imagery, for sure.

last edited at Jul 19, 2023 2:27AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Aaah, censored with a dialogue box ,wow

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Girl, you lost the battle the second you went with her.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Nan Zhi has a really scientific mindset. She has formulated a falsifiable hypothesis ("sex and intimacy feel boring and empty") and dedicated herself to falsifying it. How would you know whether it is truly false unless you have sex with your best friend's little sister at least 10 times? It's for science!

If anything is for science, it's certainly this!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

But what happened to the cake?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Is that alcohol at the bottom of page 8 defying the laws of physics?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Is that alcohol at the bottom of page 8 defying the laws of physics?

It's just jello

joined May 3, 2014

When I see characters try so hard to avoid a relationship I start cheering for them to actually succeed... which makes me always bitter when it fails. Guess my aro-ness at work, making me project my insecurities on them.
I don't get why the authors write tsunderes resisting so much. It's not dramatic, it feels like they are forced by the author to fall in love and makes me feel awful for both sides.

maybe because people actualy wanna be in an god damn relationship and ofc you already sayd the issue here….your projecting really hard, the huge majority of people on earth when they say they don’t wanna an relationship is for different reasons that yours for sure, also way in hell will you read romance stories and NOT expect the story to be about romance???

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"Slowly, deftly, nigh unfurls it's splendor." I was so fortunate to see the Phantom in London back in the 90s. It was magical.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Their game of cat and mouse is one of my favorites. Watching her fall in love, kicking and screaming along the way and watching how the "little devil" playfully and confidently pokes and prodes her--their little game is so lovely. They both know what's happening and it's like they have no choice but to fall in slow motion. Her life has left her guarded but unable to withstand someone who clearly loves her so deeply. I've said this elsewhere but I also adore how this series shows all the different varieties of affection, all the small things, the touches, glances, gifts and favors. All of them are there, even when they're not in focus.

last edited at Oct 20, 2023 8:13AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Chapter 6 was weird and disjointed. Then there's the time difference of the travel time to reach New York from ... idk if it was ever said where in China they are usually but still, it's a long time, and the outfit didn't change from talking about not seeing it to seeing it, and the run time is 2.5 hours, which is most definitely not long enough for any plane to reach.

joined May 9, 2017

maybe because people actualy wanna be in an god damn relationship and ofc you already sayd the issue here….your projecting really hard, the huge majority of people on earth when they say they don’t wanna an relationship is for different reasons that yours for sure, also way in hell will you read romance stories and NOT expect the story to be about romance???

I kind of understand the issue with tsundere in most Chinese and Korean webcomic. Most of times, the characters are badly written, and we are not able to see past their behaviors. Tsundere are fine and most of times, they are like that because of insecurities. I always like to see that kind of relationship dynamic where one of the main characters have to pierce through that insecurity and help the tsundere to go out of their shell. When it's well written, it's both interesting and rewarding. But in this webcomic, we only see the tsundere side and the characters are pretty shallow overall. Which make their behaviors look ridiculous.

But well, the art style is good, so I guess I'll keep reading. But to me, of lot of those webcomics are my yuri junk food.

Heheh, first time I've ever heard it called "bullying yourself"

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I don't understand why it was called "bullying herself" or "self-abuse". It sounds so strange. Is this a weird Chinese expression that doesn't translate well, or just a weird choice on the author's part?

joined Jan 3, 2020

I don't understand why it was called "bullying herself" or "self-abuse". It sounds so strange. Is this a weird Chinese expression that doesn't translate well, or just a weird choice on the author's part?

I think it's a Chinese thing. Whenever it is a topic that would cause embarrassment (sex, masturbation, sexuality), they often dance around the words and never actually use them.

A Chinese webnovel I like (She Is The Protagonist - quite good btw) does the same thing. It uses phrases like "pleasures for adults" (sex), "breaching the gap to adulthood" (having sex for the first time), and similar phrases.

In manhua I've read, being queer is often rarely referred to as well. The common phrasing is "that way", like "I didn't know you were that way." or "She's that way."

Maybe a native or somebody more familiar with the culture can enlighten us as to why this is. My guess is that it has to do with politeness.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

If you look up self abuse, that is actually what masturbation was called historically (starting in the 18th century?) in the English-speaking world. I’m not even reading this comic, but I just had to come to the forums because I was so pleased to see the antiquated expression XD

I mean, it’s not really a laughing matter I guess, because they used to really punish children if they were caught doing any “self abuse.” It’s too bad people get all screwed up around sexuality :(

joined Sep 10, 2022

Why did you basically rephrase my comment? It reads like it was put through chatgpt? Could this really be an unbelievable coincidence or? Why do that?

Your comment:

Their intricate game of cat and mouse remains one of my cherished aspects. Witnessing her gradually succumb to love, despite her resistance, while the "little devil" teases her playfully and confidently is truly heartwarming. Both are aware of the inevitable, and it's as if they're caught in a slow-motion fall. Her past has made her cautious, yet she can't resist someone who loves her so profoundly. I've expressed this sentiment before, but I also appreciate how this series portrays the diverse manifestations of affection - the subtle gestures, meaningful glances, gifts, and acts of kindness. These elements are woven throughout, even when they're not the central focus.

My original comment from this same thread:

Their game of cat and mouse is one of my favorites. Watching her fall in love, kicking and screaming along the way and watching how the "little devil" playfully and confidently pokes and prodes her--their little game is so lovely. They both know what's happening and it's like they have no choice but to fall in slow motion. Her life has left her guarded but unable to withstand someone who clearly loves her so deeply. I've said this elsewhere but I also adore how this series shows all the different varieties of affection, all the small things, the touches, glances, gifts and favors. All of them are there, even when they're not in focus.

last edited at Oct 20, 2023 10:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.