Forum › Addicted to Her discussion

joined Sep 13, 2022

well that escalated quickly

joined Aug 13, 2021

God, those "false sexual harassment allegations" plotlines really piss me off... How often in media are they framed as something that is only lies? 99% of the time, which does not in any way reflect the real life percentage. I genuinely feel like this kind of things contributes to survivors not being believed in the real world.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

God, those "false sexual harassment allegations" plotlines really piss me off... How often in media are they framed as something that is only lies? 99% of the time, which does not in any way reflect the real life percentage. I genuinely feel like this kind of things contributes to survivors not being believed in the real world.

It's also a part of the celebrity/idol culture. Not unique only to Japan, any time any celebrity has something revealed about them all the weirdo parasocials that haven't actually had any form of contact believe that the person they "know" was lying to them, then throw on a good old heaping of anti-lgbt bigotry, bake on high for 30 min, and you've got a scandal.

Then on the other foot you have all the people jealous about anyone else's success so they try their hardest to bring their "rival" down even if said "rival" doesn't even know who they are. They either plan stuff in advance (like what's happening here) or cherry pick minute details that in the grander picture mean nothing.

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 1:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, the translators have indulged us tonight. ^^ I just wanted to tell you folks that your work is very much appreciated!

It's also a part of the celebrity/idol culture. Not unique only to Japan, any time any celebrity has something revealed about them all the weirdo parasocials that haven't actually had any form of contact believe that the person they "know" was lying to them, then throw on a good old heaping of anti-lgbt bigotry, bake on high for 30 min, and you've got a scandal.

Any time I hear about a celebrity scandal, whether real or fictional, I must think of something William Gibson wrote in 1996:

"[Slitscan's audience] is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."

It doesn't seem to matter to the "weird parasocials" if the allegations are true or false, the reaction will be exactly the same, and by the time the actual facts are established, they would have moved on to the next thing, anyway. With incentives like that, I do not think the show business will ever get any more humane.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I felt the story was moving at a rather slow pace and all of a sudden it seems to have kicked into high gear

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I went from interested, to happy, to giddy, to elated to F@CKING PISSED!!!!!!!!! in a single evening. Thanks translators. You made me open a second bottle of wine.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Did anyone else hear "Megalovania" start playing, when they saw the title? Just me? Okay.

Welp, Qin Mi certainly went all out, though I cannot help but notice that she has kept one more ace still up her sleeve -- her discovery that SN was cooperating with that other actress to sabotage Nan Zhi. Wonder when she is going to play that?

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

I admire how she acted on the press conference, and the way how she revealed her long lasting and steady love for Nan Zhi.
She's a real queen!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I think I can forgive the mom from Scummy Gap Student now....

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think I can forgive the mom from Scummy Gap Student now....

You really shouldn't. Just because there are shittier people out there doesn't excuse being a slightly less shitty person.

last edited at Feb 28, 2024 9:37AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The newest chapter isn’t quite up here, but it’s not a spoiler to say that, despite the drama trappings of false public accusations and the horror-movie mom, at its heart this is extravagantly gorgeous romantic fluff, and I can’t get enough of it.

As with lots of other yuri modes, I wouldn’t want every story to be like this, but I’m very glad this one is.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I haven't been to Bali, but I am impressed one can just go there and find a specific person, must be the power of Chinese lesbian love!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I haven't been to Bali, but I am impressed one can just go there and find a specific person, must be the power of Chinese lesbian love!

If I've learned anything from reading Manwha, Chinese Lesbian Love transcends time and space! It also makes you a successful popstar/fashion model/actress/detective/entertainment executive.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's not the first time that physical space and time are revealed to be more of an optional suggestion than even a guideline, let alone a law of nature, in this particular story. :-)

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Little sister?…. Well dang that’s a bit awkward…

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

There's an explanation for why she could find her.

last edited at Mar 12, 2024 12:28AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 46 crashed my insulin levels so hard, I had to get a new pancreas on the black market.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Bruh she mad toxic

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

If I've learned anything from reading Manwha, Chinese Lesbian Love transcends time and space! It also makes you a successful popstar/fashion model/actress/detective/entertainment executive.

Gotta say I wish I had the kind of money so when I felt my career and love life were crumbling around my ears, I could just go think about it on the beach in Bali.

Snark aside, I gotta say this has been delivering payoff very solidly.

last edited at Mar 12, 2024 4:15PM

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

Two chapters in and I can tell that this is definitely my kind of trash.

joined Apr 10, 2023

This is a really good mature psychological drama, tied to the kind of mid rich and famous yuri format that is for some reason incredibly common in Chinese comics. It still averages very positive but I'd sure like it more if they just had regular jobs lol

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Things have been very sweet and wholesome ~

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Hmm? Who took a photo of kid Qin Mi and teen Nan Zhi on the bench eating ice pops?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hmm? Who took a photo of kid Qin Mi and teen Nan Zhi on the bench eating ice pops?

Qin Mi's sister?

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Qin Mi's sister?

Oh yea that’s obvious lol. I was under the impression it was just them but ig the sis could’ve gone to them at some point.

To reply you must either login or sign up.