Forum › Addicted to Her discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 6 was weird and disjointed. Then there's the time difference of the travel time to reach New York from ... idk if it was ever said where in China they are usually but still, it's a long time, and the outfit didn't change from talking about not seeing it to seeing it, and the run time is 2.5 hours, which is most definitely not long enough for any plane to reach.

This has actually bothered me a lot, too. It's shown on Nan Zhi's ticket that she flew from PEK (Beijing Capital International Airport) to JFK (in NYC), which Google tells me takes ca. 15 without accounting for the drive to the airport, standing in line at security and customs, and potential delays. The whole timing situation is a mess, so I have no choice but to assume Qin Mi's family is so rich, they own a private suborbital jets, which makes the 15h trip in a fraction of the usual time.

last edited at Oct 20, 2023 10:32AM

joined May 9, 2017

Why did you basically rephrase my comment? It reads like it was put through chatgpt? Could this really be an unbelievable coincidence or? Why do that?

This is hilarious. It does look like a student that tried to copy their friend's essay and failed to make it different enough so it wouldn't be noticable.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I don't understand why it was called "bullying herself" or "self-abuse". It sounds so strange. Is this a weird Chinese expression that doesn't translate well, or just a weird choice on the author's part?

It's a Chinese expression--- sex terms usually use "bullying", "teasing" as a mild way of expressing what the making love process is like. Afaik, these terms are often used for actions done toward the person receiving, because the top is usually identified as an "attacker", and the bottom as "receiver"--- so the "teasing/bullying attacks" are essentially like continuous pleasurable actions.

It sounds weird from a western standpoint, but it's not meant to mean humiliation or violence of any sort. It's actually a soft (?) and gentle way of expressing sex. In a lot of Chinese novels I've read, the "receiving" person usually is "bullied" and "teased" to the point of (pleasurable?) tears, or is unable to take anymore (but it's sorta the same way how in Japanese media the "no more" is not actually a "no"....). But in any case, it's not meant to be negative.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

She'll love it alright.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Why did you basically rephrase my comment? It reads like it was put through chatgpt? Could this really be an unbelievable coincidence or? Why do that?

Your comment:

Their intricate game of cat and mouse remains one of my cherished aspects. Witnessing her gradually succumb to love, despite her resistance, while the "little devil" teases her playfully and confidently is truly heartwarming. Both are aware of the inevitable, and it's as if they're caught in a slow-motion fall. Her past has made her cautious, yet she can't resist someone who loves her so profoundly. I've expressed this sentiment before, but I also appreciate how this series portrays the diverse manifestations of affection - the subtle gestures, meaningful glances, gifts, and acts of kindness. These elements are woven throughout, even when they're not the central focus.

My original comment from this same thread:

Their game of cat and mouse is one of my favorites. Watching her fall in love, kicking and screaming along the way and watching how the "little devil" playfully and confidently pokes and prodes her--their little game is so lovely. They both know what's happening and it's like they have no choice but to fall in slow motion. Her life has left her guarded but unable to withstand someone who clearly loves her so deeply. I've said this elsewhere but I also adore how this series shows all the different varieties of affection, all the small things, the touches, glances, gifts and favors. All of them are there, even when they're not in focus.

I'm fairly sure it's a bot, check out their comment history. Pretty much every comment is pushing some sketchy app. I think they copy a post, wait a few days to get try getting around the mods and then go back and edit the link in.

joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm fairly sure it's a bot, check out their comment history. Pretty much every comment is pushing some sketchy app. I think they copy a post, wait a few days to get try getting around the mods and then go back and edit the link in.

You're definitely right. It updated with their link already.

last edited at Oct 25, 2023 10:02AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

These bots are evoloving so quick. Humanity is doomed.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Truck-kun got the baker. Will he ever be sated?

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

I dislike these types of stories but the art is good enough for me to continue following even if the characters want me to not. What a complicated feeling

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The plot thickens. Does that one-panel flashback imply that Nan has had a messy break-up/divorce and a kid who went to live with her father?

joined Sep 10, 2022

The plot thickens. Does that one-panel flashback imply that Nan has had a messy break-up/divorce and a kid who went to live with her father?

No, I wouldn't say so. The woman shown is older, with darker brown hair and the child has Nan's hair color. Still an important memory for her though, considering when she remembers it.

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 8:22AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

No, I wouldn't say so. The woman shown is older, with darker brown hair and the child has Nan's hair color. Still an important memory for her though, considering when she remembers it.

I have chucked it up to lighting, but assuming this is true, another theory is that the girl in that flashback is Nan, and the adults are her neglectful parents or a neglectful parent with a new paramour. Maybe even an abusive parent figure, judging by the band-aids on the girl's arm and leg?

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 9:21AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

I have chucked it up to lighting, but assuming this is true, another theory is that the girl in that flashback is Nan, and the adults are her neglectful parents or a neglectful parent with a new paramour. Maybe even an abusive parent figure, judging by the band-aids on the girl's arm and leg?

Yeah, it's important since she says that her views on love are based on or affected by these past traumatic experiences. So as you said, more plot to help explain why she might be so adverse to falling for our little devil's affection.

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 10:59AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That flashback was what social scientists call "an oof". But now we know where Nan's self-image issues come from, and the neglectful+abusive parent with a string of failed relationships theory turned out be true.

Also, the fact that it was followed up by super-deformed gift-buying hijinx gave me a bit of a whiplash.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Blimey, are these gals veterans of the Cold War, fighting a romantic proxy war?

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

With a mother like that, no wonder Nan is so thoroughly broken and anti-relationship. She literally can not be honest about her feelings. It's an involuntary response!

joined Sep 10, 2022

With a mother like that, no wonder Nan is so thoroughly broken and anti-relationship. She literally can not be honest about her feelings. It's an involuntary response!

Yeah she's been trained by life experiences to be hostile and distrusting of unconditional love and relationships. She's more comfortable with casual relationships with low stakes than the "little devil" and her desire for a deeper relationship. She's really determined not to end up like her mother--definitely involuntary and habitual like you said. A trauma response.

last edited at Nov 14, 2023 5:53PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The reason a lot of peeps cannot act their age when talking to toxic parents is because their brains automatically slip into their "hurt inner child" mode: a set of perception, automatic behaviors, and undigested emotions left behind by all the parent interactions throughout their childhood. With that in mind, big respect to Chengxin for actually drawing and enforcing a boundary, even at a great emotional cost.

Also, I have to wonder where on Earth this story is taking place? Chengxin's mother asks for yuan, mentions having USD, and then Chengxin's date tranfers yen to her. We've already seen in earlier strips that geography is more of a vibe than a physical space in this comic, but I wonder whether this is part of the author's concept?

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Girl might as well give up. you, so downbad, you can't even SLEEP!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Girl might as well give up. you, so downbad, you can't even SLEEP!

I think the point of these past few chapters is that Nan Zhi can't. Her brain seems to literally have two tracks running in parallel: one which controls her actions and is all aboard the Qin Mi dating train and behaves accordingly, and another which controls her verbal thoughts and dialogue, which denies any feelings she has. I'd say she is a tsundere, but that trope is usually a comedy, while what Nan Zhi has seems to cause her considerable amounts of anguish.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It would be funny if she said it is not you and it wa the manager or something.

joined Dec 30, 2020

Thank the gods for translator notes. Was over here lmao at "snail maiden", but it seems like a cute old story

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

All these chapters at once! Thanks to the Scanlators! This is now my FAVORITE ANYTHING on this site. Nan Zhi has an almost pathological ability to think less of herself. Qin Mi is not just downbad, she is DownDEPLORABLE!

My girl can burn in the kitchen, AND is ready to throw hands at a moment's notice! Marry this woman!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Man, I am kind of... proud of Nan Zhi? She has finally set a boundary with her mom, even if it did hurt her like hell emotionally. My only hope is that Qin Mi somehow recognizes that physical intimacy is not what Nan Zhi needs at that moment and, in fact, can be quite harmful in the long run.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Their dance was quite erotic

To reply you must either login or sign up.