Forum › A Face You Shouldn't Show discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Alright fun start and, it's by the detached relationship author I see.

Well suppose that means it'll be an intereresting ride at least.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I was just wondering when Flowerchild Ueda would write a new manga! Misa was characterized pretty interestingly, she kind of went as close as you can to the line of sexual assault without quite going over. Which does make her the most moral of Ueda's MCs so far lol. There's a lot of directions the plot can go from here so I'm curious to see what'll happen. Thanks for the translation!

maidenlessclaire
Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

Oh I am definitely gonna keep an eye on this one.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Wait, why is the July issue of Yuri Hime already out? It's not even June yet

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Wait, why is the July issue of Yuri Hime already out? It's not even June yet

That how Yuri Hime works. July issue is released in May, August issue is released in June, etc. I though that was pretty well known around these parts.

last edited at May 21, 2023 9:02AM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Flowerchild is great at making hot and steamy scenes while making captivating plots. Let's just hope this series doesn't go off the rails like detached relationship started doing in the latter half of its serialization.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yay, an instant favorite!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YES!!! I'm in a 100%! also for the faint of heart, this is flowerchild, run while you still can LoL

I think I saw like 3 new yuri works from yurihime, I'm pretty excited!

joined Jul 20, 2020

I was just wondering when Flowerchild Ueda would write a new manga! Misa was characterized pretty interestingly, she kind of went as close as you can to the line of sexual assault without quite going over. Which does make her the most moral of Ueda's MCs so far lol. There's a lot of directions the plot can go from here so I'm curious to see what'll happen. Thanks for the translation!

Well before WariKanDesu there was Endou Yasuko basically Kaburagi Aya without glasses who went into a different direction in her own manga so...

snowangel526
Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Wow this is definitely a very interesting premise. Thank you for the TL notes as well!

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

This definitely looks interesting.
Swear ive read about a bar like that somewhere before, though.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Misa was characterized pretty interestingly, she kind of went as close as you can to the line of sexual assault without quite going over. Which does make her the most moral of Ueda's MCs so far lol.

You know an author's characters are all scumbags when "isn't a rapist" makes a character the most moral lol

joined Aug 21, 2017

That's a cool way to present translation notes.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Pretty tame considering it's from the author of detached relationship

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Miglouche posted:

Pretty tame considering it's from the author of detached relationship

Perhaps you're remembering her previous work as an amalgamation of the nsfw parts only, they didn't start having bdsm sex in the first chapter of Detached Relationship.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

no lolis
no netorare
no rape...ish

this is so tame for a Flowerchild manga that I could almost show it to my church-going grandma

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol I was surprised at how much of a non-fucked up start this was from Flowerchild. Happy to see them start another series!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Flowerchild is great at making hot and steamy scenes while making captivating plots. Let's just hope this series doesn't go off the rails like detached relationship started doing in the latter half of its serialization.

Well, it might end up surprisingly wholesome. Consider, a character in a story like this kind of needs a trajectory. Now if you have a main character start out innocent, one direction you can go is towards loss of innocence, decadence, general bad stuff. But this main character is starting the story experienced and jaded, already a demimonde inhabitant who has given up on the whole concept of pair-bonded relationships and close emotional ties, although she has a certain rough ethical code. Anything she hasn't stooped to yet, she isn't going to--she knows about it and already turned it down years ago. She has nowhere to go except up, as it were--her trajectory would be towards acceptance of more normal emotional bonds, despite the vulnerability that goes with them.

last edited at May 22, 2023 12:18AM

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

I was reading this like dang what a good oneshot but it was only chapter one thank the lord of lords.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Well, it might end up surprisingly wholesome. Consider, a character in a story like this kind of needs a trajectory. Now if you have a main character start out innocent, one direction you can go is towards loss of innocence, decadence, general bad stuff. But this main character is starting the story experienced and jaded, already a demimonde inhabitant who has given up on the whole concept of pair-bonded relationships and close emotional ties, although she has a certain rough ethical code. Anything she hasn't stooped to yet, she isn't going to--she knows about it and already turned it down years ago. She has nowhere to go except up, as it were--her trajectory would be towards acceptance of more normal emotional bonds, despite the vulnerability that goes with them.

You kinda describe Endou Yasuko there if you ask me but let's see if it is going to be an evolution of said character or not

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Another throuple brought to you by Flowerchild ueda. The show is going to start and is not going to wait for any late comers.

last edited at May 24, 2023 3:11AM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Flowerchild back at it again, looks like this is going be fire

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Honestly I would consider it over the line

But uh, it worked out?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah now that's the Flowerchild we all know and love.

Still not as much of a trainwreck as the other series, but I can smell the potential lol

joined Apr 16, 2022

Honestly I would consider it over the line

But uh, it worked out?

My comment was made after chapter 1. But after chapter 2, yeah she's definitely far over the linr. She's just lucky that Ai/Io is just as fucked up as she is. Perhaps that's the thing that draws them to each other.

Still very excited to see where this manga goes!

To reply you must either login or sign up.