Forum › Snow Thaw & Love Letter discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Not just crepes, but crepes from a Citreon van.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I honestly like that they're setting up this other person now instead of just like, SURPRISE outta nowhere later.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

joined Sep 9, 2016

For fuck's sake, STOP stealing Shun's lunch!

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Interesting. Confirmation of the colored pages being canon and not just stylistic regarding the hair layering.

Now the question is: Is it dyed or anime/manga reality rules?

last edited at Nov 7, 2023 7:55PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What a nice extra

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful. ^_^

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

What the hell is Yua going on about "the proper steps"? Going on a date before you're dating is super normal. And whatever was going on between them was for Shun to decide if it was ok or not, not for Yua. It's none of her business.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

How cute they are together, really matching couple.
It's a pity that kiss was interrupted (obviously would not be an assault)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You were “so full of expectation” because you’re a horny little lesbian, Shun.

Maybe not as horny as Hinata, at least not yet. But getting there.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I think Shun was full of expectation, but Yua wanted to interrupt them out of an abundance of caution. She was about to get devoured. And just because you're horny, doesn't mean you're actually ready for that change in your relationship. (especially, if you're with a girl. who's all hands and no brain)

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

And whatever was going on between them was for Shun to decide if it was ok or not, not for Yua. It's none of her business.

Going for an unexpected kiss with someone who does not consider you a lover or partner, while she's taken by surprise and doesn't know how to react, is not a healthy way to progress a relationship. And Shun's reaction at the end makes it clear that she didn't know what she wanted, even though she wasn't against it.

Besides, it's not like Yua forcibly separated them. If Shun really wanted to kiss, she could have ignored the interruption or continued after Yua left. That they chose not to makes it clear that the circumstances weren't great.

Just because Hinata could do it (as Shun didn't protest), doesn't mean that she should. "Proper steps" doesn't mean sticking to some dumb tradition, it means making each other's feelings clear so that both of them know what they want and expect, rather than rushing ahead without having had to time to figure things out. There is no doubt Shun is interested - but that doesn't mean it was the right time or approach.

Edit : I was going to add a comment that adult with relationship experience might have different circumstances... But actually, even then I don't really see a situation where kissing without having both people express their desire to do so would be a good idea. Not necessarily a disaster (if one is willing but hasn't expressed it), but not a very wise way to enter a relationship.

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 7:38PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

And whatever was going on between them was for Shun to decide if it was ok or not, not for Yua. It's none of her business.

Going for an unexpected kiss with someone who does not consider you a lover or partner, while she's taken by surprise and doesn't know how to react, is not a healthy way to progress a relationship. And Shun's reaction at the end makes it clear that she didn't know what she wanted, even though she wasn't against it.

Besides, it's not like Yua forcibly separated them. If Shun really wanted to kiss, she could have ignored the interruption or continued after Yua left. That they chose not to makes it clear that the circumstances weren't great.

Just because Hinata could do it (as Shun didn't protest), doesn't mean that she should. "Proper steps" doesn't mean sticking to some dumb tradition, it means making each other's feelings clear so that both of them know what they want and expect, rather than rushing ahead without having had to time to figure things out. There is no doubt Shun is interested - but that doesn't mean it was the right time or approach.

Edit : I was going to add a comment that adult with relationship experience might have different circumstances... But actually, even then I don't really see a situation where kissing without having both people express their desire to do so would be a good idea. Not necessarily a disaster (if one is willing but hasn't expressed it), but not a very wise way to enter a relationship.

I wasn't saying that Hinata was in the right and that was a perfect situation. I was saying that it was none of Yua's business. If I see two people on what seems like a date after knowing that at least one of those is interested in the other, I would not automatically assume that the second person does not want to be kissed. It's not like Yua was following them on their date and knows everything about what Shun is feeling. She's not close to Shun.

I'm not arguing at all about whether Hinata did the right thing. That's a separate conversation. All I was arguing was that Yua is not involved and should butt out.

464b4e24458361253c5bd660d5fcded4893561f6_full
joined May 6, 2023

<3

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

..."Proper steps" doesn't mean sticking to some dumb tradition...

The thing is I'm fairly certain that's exactly what she meant. She wasn't about communication or consent or anything, just about how relationships were "traditionally" supposed to have developed. In any case, like others said, she definitely meant well, but she still stuck her nose in a place it had no place being.

Besides, this is my read of the story and characters more than anything, I think that the way she views Hinata and the way Hinata is do not fully match. More than anything else, I feel that Hinata just has a stronger libido she hasn't fully woken up to; she wasn't actually gonna maul the girl (she's been doing pretty well in exactly not doing that ), and definitely not snap her neck lol.

In any case, I did quite like that chapter. Critical hits all around, which I love. Only thing I'd have been perfectly fine without Yua planting that seed of "proper steps" in Hinata's mind. I don't feel she's done anything particularly wrong, out-of-order, or off-key. Maybe the first kiss thing, but I feel that it is debatable. That said, I commented once about convenient contrivances made to lengthen the run time, that is most definitely another one of those. I do not necessarily mind, again.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The date went even better than expected. And things are clearly getting pretty mutual there. ^_^

joined Oct 21, 2013

I'm hoping President x Secretary will be a thing eventually.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Soon enough, the whole school is gonna worship them like in Yuri Couple.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That turned into a rather nice date for the two in the end.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

so beta couple appearing and more side plot and character development. I like it

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

So far i'm liking Shun and Hinata a lot, and can see that there are some secrets and insecurities to be explored on Shum's side for the future, BUT not realy feeling much for any of the side characters. Hope that the student counsil and the fan club get more interesting or at least less annoying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.