Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Jan 31, 2020

both funny and cute chapter... tho i guess TL now believes its not yuri, actually, becuase they didnt translate oshi at all?

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Nice! Glad it's a continuation of previous one, plus now it's official that Koga has her bedroom in top of the CD store; one that.....is not soundproof it seems hahaha tho they were being loud hahaha
Now Im curious (tho not important) how is that place constructed, but given Aya reaction, it's in a way that doesn't resemble like you're "passing" from a store to a "house", that or Aya was just to angry to care hahaha

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 6:12AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

It's not yuri, it's gay! XD

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

the slowburn is killing me!!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Nice chapter. Very nice.

joined Mar 23, 2022

when she is mad af but she realize she is in her crush's room.lol.damn really love that "swiping the tears part" what a sweet move af she got there!!!my heart cannot!.TvT.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 6:56AM

joined Mar 23, 2022

sorry just a quick question, what did she mean when she said my "oshi"? my friend google says "fan of"?
is that what it really means??

joined Mar 23, 2022

I really like how the artist draw her/his work in such a good angle in each panels.❤️

joined May 10, 2021

From the big gay panic attack to the "Koga being way too smooth" attack, what a damn fine chapter!

joined Aug 14, 2022

"They still have a long way to go" NO, MAKE THEM KISS /NOW/ !!! Honestly when Aya was like "how do I get it through to her" I half-expected a hug at least T_T

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Nice! Glad it's a continuation of previous one, plus now it's official that Koga has her bedroom in top of the CD store; one that.....is not soundproof it seems hahaha tho they were being loud hahaha
Now Im curious (tho not important) how is that place constructed, but given Aya reaction, it's in a way that doesn't resemble like you're "passing" from a store to a "house", that or Aya was just to angry to care hahaha

I’m guessing it’s a mixed-use building. The first floor is the shop, while the second floor is an apartment with a bedroom or two.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They’ve made it to the bed, anyway.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

sorry just a quick question, what did she mean when she said my "oshi"? my friend google says "fan of"?
is that what it really means??

If you've seen kpop fandom, they use "bias" for basically the same term.
Your oshi is someone for whom you cheer on (oshi). So if you stan someone, they're your oshi.
It can range from a fave to a crush. Gotta love fandom terms.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

You may lampoon me for saying so, but for some reason I occasionally get Miss Piggy / Kermit vibes from these two.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

As usual, Mitsuki goes from 0 to 100 on the smooth scale without even realizing it :⁠-⁠P

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

You may lampoon me for saying so, but for some reason I occasionally get Miss Piggy / Kermit vibes from these two.

That's because it's not easy being green.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I switched from crush to oshi, because at this point of the relationship (Mitsuki's gender is known), "crush" was adding a romantic nuance which isn't there yet (at least in Aya's conscious mind).

Oshi is what Japanese people call a celebrity they have a preference for. In an idol group for example. Their "fave". Someone they idolize, but it doesn't have necessarily, or even that often, a romantic slant.

The thing is, Narita also called Mitsuki his "oshi" and Aya, in a previous chapter, gets in competition with him about who Mitsuki was the oshi of first. Then, I had to translate oshi in 3 different ways across that chapter and it's become untenable, because she might switch to a more romantic word later and their relationship is not textually romantic yet, as "crush" would imply.

joined Aug 1, 2022

The uncle has far more strength than me to try not to listen to them. But I'd have to in order to not force these 2 to communicate clearly more.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I switched from crush to oshi, because at this point of the relationship (Mitsuki's gender is known), "crush" was adding a romantic nuance which isn't there yet (at least in Aya's conscious mind).

Oshi is what Japanese people call a celebrity they have a preference for. In an idol group for example. Their "fave". Someone they idolize, but it doesn't have necessarily, or even that often, a romantic slant.

The thing is, Narita also called Mitsuki his "oshi" and Aya, in a previous chapter, gets in competition with him about who Mitsuki was the oshi of first. Then, I had to translate oshi in 3 different ways across that chapter and it's become untenable, because she might switch to a more romantic word later and their relationship is not textually romantic yet, as "crush" would imply.

I agree with this. I also think "idol," would be a fine replacement. We use the phrase "my idol" to mean similar things to Oshi. Switching between "idol" or (as you said) "stan" could work to convey the meaning between the different contexts. But yeah continuing to use "crush" right now might affect the (desired) revelation later in the manga. It seems that a lot of the point of the story right now is that Aya is mistaking her real crush for simple idol worship. It'll be important when she finally begins to call it a crush and not just a celebrity crush, so it's important to make the difference clear from now.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Stay strong, uncle.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I like how messy and incomplete the making-up was. Far too often in romcoms a major faux pas is cleared in a single chapter with everything cleanly forgiven and immediately forgotten. But here, the grievance has not been fully aired, nor the apology, fully accepted. Even if this never gets brought up again in the future, I like it.

joined Feb 16, 2020

I laughed a little too loud when she said "I'm in my oshi's bedroom" also the uncle... LOL

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I said it the last time, but Mitsuki in this casual ensemble is quite the dish :O Loose hair, half unbuttoned flannel shirt, just a bit of midriff showing. Mama likey !

joined Mar 19, 2020

Aww it actually kinda hurt my heart when she cried. She was just hurt and disappointed

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So the uncle tell her where MItsuki's room is??

To reply you must either login or sign up.